TAOBAO GOLDPLANAR GL850 + GL1000 + GL1200
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #17 of 112
Ibtrie
You can try to get custom full perforated. Do let me know the result.
Yes they told me they have no stock and need to wait for a month. I believe the fully perforated and with a rounded inner ear cup will sound better they should not have copied the Heddphone.

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #22 of 112
GENERAL WARNING: Buyer beware Drop/LINSOL offers no returns on GOLD PLANAR which is unacceptable- Ordered second copy from Drop and tried to cancel before it even arrived or was shipped and Drop said after you click buy now order is not refundable - totally unacceptable in today’s market place - I am trying to work this out - but my advise on DROP/LINSOL 3rd party offers do not buy from DROP/LINSOL at all - life is too short for bad service like this buy from stores with reputable return polices like Audio46 or Apos- I just finsihed review of GL1200 love the sound but hate their policies for trial period- and I also bought a second copy of the GL2000 to compare quality of copies on sound for reviews- there are a lot of things to love and hate and I just want full disclosure so buyer beware

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #23 of 112
No offense intended, but why did you purchase a second one and then immediately attempt to cancel? That screams "buyer's remorse".

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #24 of 112
No offense intended, but why did you purchase a second one and then immediately attempt to cancel? That screams "buyer's remorse".
I ordered a second pair to compare copies since I do reviews here on headfi and many people thought there may be bad copies out there/ my copy sounded sublime- but then I realized no one gives a crap so I changed my mind after I ordered. And so big deal if I did change my mind and why do you sound like you are protecting stores instead of consumers? that is the whole point of buyers remorse when you reconsider - in America buyers remorse is protected by many laws - it’s a good thing to change your mind and get to be made whole after - bringing the consumer back to before they made purchase - consumers have to many choices to deal with bs 35% restocking fee for an unopened box they tried to cancel before it was even delivered-

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 112
Buyer's remorse is not "protected by law". Vendors are perfectly within their right to state all sales are final. You might not like that policy, but you do NOT have the right to return whatever you want whenever you want without any financial penalty. You've adopted eBay's buyer-centric policies and extended them to all merchants, when that is 100% NOT the case.

Sure, you can do chargebacks to your credit card company, and then the merchant has every right to block you from purchasing them ever again. Yes, you could try to take them to small claims court because you consider their policies to be consumer-unfriendly. But like it or not, merchants are not required by law to accept returns or honor your requests regarding orders you didn't mean to place or had second thoughts about.

"Takebacksies" isn't actually a thing.

You've confused "I don't like that they do that!" with "They can't do that!"

Not the same.

P.S. If you knew about the 35% restocking fee, why would you order from them to begin with?

P.P.S. If you didn't know about the 35% restocking fee, why not?

P.P.P.S. I have no interest in "protecting stores" as you claim. I call 'em as I see 'em. You're pissed about their policies. Fine. I get that. But you at least need to own the fact that you changed your mind and there can be consequences to that action. *shrug* Have a good evening.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #26 of 112
You do understand I canceled the Drop order before they shipped right? They said sorry you loose your money 35%+shipping back and forth just because I changed my mind ? Piss poor service. On line orders can do business with me only one time like that before I look elsewhere. I would never ever order again with a restocking fee if an unopened box ever again. It's nuts to me that restocking fees apply to an unopened BOX! Shipping fee ok maybe is ok... but restocking fee? what? me personally I like free returns within 30 days if returned in Resalable condition- like Apos and Audio46, like Emotiva like Schitt audio and a dozen or more sellers on line - and as far as international sales in America there are laws that protect consumers wanting who change their mind - I just did a quick search for just domestic sales unrelated to international sales and found this from federal exchange “The FTC’s Cooling-Off Rule gives you a 3-day right to cancel a sale made at your home, workplace or dormitory, or at a seller’s temporary location, like a hotel or motel room, convention center, fairground or restaurant. “

Yes I stand corrected this is one of many protections- but international sales have even more protections for consumers... but this is just a basic one that explains it- Katherine Timoney, associate at Cape-based Gillan and Veldhuizen attorney firm, points out that there are two pieces of legislation which protect consumers shopping online: the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (CPA), which governs consumer transactions, and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA), which covers electronic transactions for the purchase of goods. Timoney explains that “Both the CPA and ECTA have been put in place to protect consumers and to ensure that a proper process is followed by suppliers and purchasers when goods are bought, transactions are cancelled and items returned.” In the following extract, Timoney highlights important rights and obligations provided by the relevant legislation.

As a consumer
Most importantly and in accordance with the ECTA, a consumer may cancel, without reason and without penalty, any transaction and any related credit agreement for the supply of goods within seven days from the date the goods were received or, in the case of services, within seven days from the date of the conclusion of the agreement for services to be provided. The consumer is entitled to a full refund within thirty days of cancellation, but may be charged for the actual cost of returning the goods to the supplier.
my intention is no ill will here- but I knew we had some laws somewhere in this country that protect us consumers- I certainly didn't mean to site the WRONG law - lord knows I try to be accurate so I appreciate the correction. You obviously know your stuff... and care so I apologize.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 112
Enough with the snark. "Well you obviously like the restocking fees... make sure never to trust a guy rooting for 35% restocking fees"... why are you being so juvenile about this? You sound like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum. People can disagree cordially, but you've gone off the rails here, resorting to namecalling and petulant spite.

Regarding the FTC Cooling off Rule, if you had bothered to read it, it does NOT apply to online, phone, or mail purchases. It's for purchases made in person.

Apr 24, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #28 of 112
fine I was upset when they told me an unopened box that didnt even get to my house would have a restocking fee... the law I quoted may not have applied... BUT there are laws that protect consumers that I know that allow returns or cooling off periods for consumers - I fixed one such example above ... I just looked that one up quick. I do know many products being sold do offer a try at home period and allow returns - Most Amazon purchases, most Costco purchases, Audio46, BESTBUY, Sweetwater, Apos, B&H Photo, Adorama and I could go on and on- ALL ALLOW A try out period for the consumer - as far as a manufacturers selling direct - they should also offer a 30 day trial. How can you buy from a electronic store, shoe store clothing store etc without first trying it out? Retail stores let you in and sample it before you buy and even allow returns after you change your mind at home. Any e-store seller not offering a refund is so long as items are in re-sellable conditionfor me are off my list. As far as my being upset about an undelivered unopen box and DROP not offering a refund - well I will get over it- I was just upset when I wrote that stuff - I don't care at all for Linsoul OR DROP anymore since this happened - some companies work on a 35% total margin of return when they sell an item- and DROP / LINSOUL want the item and the 35% back for an unopened box?? maybe they can do that one time to me but never twice.. I think I'm done with on line stores with restocking fees - way too many options out there and being that I reviewed 22 items here on head-fi I can not afford to make same mistakes twice- After all I bought the LINSOUL Gold Planars GL1200 for a review here on head-fi and the DROP Gold Planars GL2000 twice to compare and report back on quality of sound so many people have been talking about- I am trying to be objective and fair and I do the reviews for pleasure and to inform people of the impressions and expereince

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #29 of 112
Enough with the snark. "Well you obviously like the restocking fees... make sure never to trust a guy rooting for 35% restocking fees"... why are you being so juvenile about this? You sound like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum. People can disagree cordially, but you've gone off the rails here, resorting to namecalling and petulant spite.

Regarding the FTC Cooling off Rule, if you had bothered to read it, it does NOT apply to online, phone, or mail purchases. It's for purchases made in person.
Yes I stand corrected this is one of many protections- but international sales have even more protections for consumers... but this is just a basic one that explains it- Katherine Timoney, associate at Cape-based Gillan and Veldhuizen attorney firm, points out that there are two pieces of legislation which protect consumers shopping online: the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (CPA), which governs consumer transactions, and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA), which covers electronic transactions for the purchase of goods. Timoney explains that “Both the CPA and ECTA have been put in place to protect consumers and to ensure that a proper process is followed by suppliers and purchasers when goods are bought, transactions are cancelled and items returned.” In the following extract, Timoney highlights important rights and obligations provided by the relevant legislation.

As a consumer
Most importantly and in accordance with the ECTA, a consumer may cancel, without reason and without penalty, any transaction and any related credit agreement for the supply of goods within seven days from the date the goods were received or, in the case of services, within seven days from the date of the conclusion of the agreement for services to be provided. The consumer is entitled to a full refund within thirty days of cancellation, but may be charged for the actual cost of returning the goods to the supplier.
my intention is no ill will here- but I knew we had some laws somewhere in this country that protect us consumers- I certainly didn't mean to site the WRONG law - lord knows I try to be accurate so I appreciate the correction. You obviously know your stuff... and care so I apologize.

Apr 24, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #30 of 112
It's all good. At the end of the day, the most important thing for the community is that people know about the (very high) restocking fees and factor that into their decision to purchase or not purchase from this vendor.

That said, there unfortunately aren't many options for people outside of Asia to obtain these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back