Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #257 of 2,407
my zodiac got shipped yesterday from hong kong post. had messaged the manager for Penon on Sunday in Facebook and he promised if i bought it right away he'll ship on Monday and he did.

I'm guessing it'll take around 7-8 days for you to get it.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #261 of 2,407
Just curious. I ordered a Pro 3 on 12/30 from Penon. I've gotten stuff from Ali so I know it can take a bit. It shows leaving Hong Kong on 1/3. (on the Hong Kong Post and USPS)Cool. Status hasn't changed. So I contacted Penon a few days ago. They told me that if I haven't received it in 2 months they will contact Hong Kong Post for compensation. I sent them an email saying that this would not be acceptable---I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew there was a possibility of it taking 2 months. And if I do get compensated after 2 months and re-order from another seller--another 3 weeks. I then got an email back saying that due to the holiday they would not be responding to emails until 2/2.
Is this typical?
CNY extended through 2/9 due to coronovirus

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #262 of 2,407
Second day with the Zodiac, first thing there is an intriguing vent port with a filter, something usually found on dynamic bass drivers.

First impressions : the Zodiac is one very refined and smooth IEM, with superb resolution, textures and layering. Bass is well extended and the mid bass is spot on and the layering is outstanding it's an audiophile bass more than a bass head IEM but it can kick when called for so there is good transparency to the recording. The mids are very articulate and balanced, timbre is very accurate and delivery is smooth but the upper mids feature spot on bite. Treble has superb extension and is very refined, the delivery is smooth and timbre again spot on. Vocals are out of this world this is one of the very best IEM I have heard for vocals, a treat for me as I listen to quite a bit of vocal jazz...

This is one very impressive and engaging flagship... stay tuned!

Will you include a comparison to the Rah?

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #263 of 2,407
@davidmolliere
Would you throw in some comparisons with FIBAE 7s? Would you recommend either of these for Rock and Electronic music? Thank you!

Yes I will compare to F7.

The Zodiac are a fantastic all rounder so they would fit both genres, but it depends exactly what you want from an IEM there.

Will you include a comparison to the Rah?

I sure can do that :)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #264 of 2,407
any updates?

Wondering whether to pick this set up or not...and that in customs too.

from the graphs, looks slightly V-shape ish. True?

Yes, got the zodiac this week, and listened for 10hrs from DX220+AMP8Ex-FE. And this a fantastic IEM to tell you! My impressions are very much in-line with @davidmolliere

I too ended up using all the switches up, but even with the 020 mode, it sounds so balanced with a very lush mids which i wanted. I was looking for a midrange specific IEM and this is it for me.

With all switches up, the sounds is very full bodied, the sub-bass is quite strong on these, the mids are forward but still retain the timbre and the lushness, so vocal based songs are very nice to hear on these.

Treble is not harsh here at all, its present and quite clear, but not airy.

Soundstage and depth isn't the biggest here with the stock cable, but pairing with Eletech's Prudence made the soundstage bigger and gave the overall signature more air. But i went back to the stock cable since i loved the full bodied sound.

Love this IEM quite a bit, hence decided i am good for 5-6 months or more, so going underground for a while and saving for a flagship that i'll buy then. If you need specific or want me to test something, drop me a PM :)

Jan 31, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #265 of 2,407
@arijitroy2 Glad you love them as much as I do :) Those are special...

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #266 of 2,407
Hey! Looks like you really like the zodiac. How does the bass compare to the se846? I really like the physicality of the bass of the se846, does the zodiac compare well there?

Yes, got the zodiac this week, and listened for 10hrs from DX220+AMP8Ex-FE. And this a fantastic IEM to tell you! My impressions are very much in-line with @davidmolliere

I too ended up using all the switches up, but even with the 020 mode, it sounds so balanced with a very lush mids which i wanted. I was looking for a midrange specific IEM and this is it for me.

With all switches up, the sounds is very full bodied, the sub-bass is quite strong on these, the mids are forward but still retain the timbre and the lushness, so vocal based songs are very nice to hear on these.

Soundstage and depth isn't the biggest here with the stock cable, but pairing with Eletech's Prudence made the soundstage bigger and gave the overall signature more air. But i went back to the stock cable since i loved the full bodied sound.

Love this IEM quite a bit, hence decided i am good for 5-6 months or more, so going underground for a while and saving for a flagship that i'll buy then. If you need specific or want me to test something, drop me a PM :)

Feb 1, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #267 of 2,407
Hey! Looks like you really like the zodiac. How does the bass compare to the se846? I really like the physicality of the bass of the se846, does the zodiac compare well there?

Much better than se846. the quality and the quantity of the sub-bass is so good in these, never felt that with my se846. There was a song, forgot which one, and the bass on that literally vibrated in my ear!

PS - I am also selling my se846, so there you go :wink:

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #268 of 2,407
So it seems like the overall sense is:
Lush mids, present treble, but not too sparkly?

The graph has the mid-treble rise start a little higher than usual, maybe around 1.5k. Was wondering what that does to the overall signature.
How is the technicalities, like resolution and imaging?
Debating whether to go customs with these

E8987468-119A-4950-8098-1FFBB2123415.png

9DA1512E-6A2C-4F07-BE93-3FA525D58C72.jpeg

(graphs from TSMR and from BGGAR)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #269 of 2,407
So it seems like the overall sense is: Lush mids, present treble, but not too sparkly? The graph has the mid-treble rise start a little higher than usual, maybe around 1.5k. Was wondering what that does to the overall signature. How is the technicalities, like resolution and imaging? Debating whether to go customs with these (graphs from TSMR and from BGGAR)

The graph refers to which setting on the Zodiac 123 (all switches on) or.... ?

Lush and airy mids, unusual combination and that's part of the charm of the Zodiac... lower mids are rather balanced, the Zodiac is not thin but not a full bodied or thick IEM either. Some might find themselves wanting for more body and note weight (people who auditioned it at a recent meetup where split by this). Mids are articulate and energetic while remaining smooth. Treble delivery is smooth as well, no harshness whatso ever but fantastic extension and presence. A lot of air.

Resolution is top notch and imaging is pinpoint precise, up there with the best!

Feb 2, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #270 of 2,407
The graph refers to which setting on the Zodiac 123 (all switches on) or.... ?

Lush and airy mids, unusual combination and that's part of the charm of the Zodiac... lower mids are rather balanced, the Zodiac is not thin but not a full bodied or thick IEM either. Some might find themselves wanting for more body and note weight (people who auditioned it at a recent meetup where split by this). Mids are articulate and energetic while remaining smooth. Treble delivery is smooth as well, no harshness whatso ever but fantastic extension and presence. A lot of air.

Resolution is top notch and imaging is pinpoint precise, up there with the best!

thanks.
Sounds like a smooth tuning rather than super energetic or reference.
Can you describe the overall tuning? harmon? Df? V? W? Etc..
So Zodiac is up in the range of brand name totl’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back