Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #241 of 2,410
Hey guys! Here is my review of TSMR-5 & TSMR-6 on Twister6. Let me know how you like it and if you have any questions for me. :D

Great review and perfect timing! I am currently looking for a new IEM and can't decide between the three (Fearless S8, FH7 and TSMR5).

It seems that TSMR5 and FH7 may have a different sound signature but are technically on the same level?

Since the TSMR5 is easier to get and almost 100 Euro cheaper, I might consider getting the TSMR over the FH7.

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #242 of 2,410
Great review and perfect timing! I am currently looking for a new IEM and can't decide between the three (Fearless S8, FH7 and TSMR5).

It seems that TSMR5 and FH7 may have a different sound signature but are technically on the same level?

Since the TSMR5 is easier to get and almost 100 Euro cheaper, I might consider getting the TSMR over the FH7.

Hey! Thanks! When it comes to TSMR-5 and FH7 back to back, I like TSMR-5 more than FH7 sound signature wise. TSMR-5 is more accurate in tonality and upper mids presentation. To me, FH7 sounds a bit hollow there. Also, TSMR-5 sounds more whole/complete in Mode123 as compared to FH7's RED filter. I don't enjoy FH7's other filters much. Plus TSMR-5 with its switches is more versatile than FH7 with its filters. TSMR-5 is also a bit more micro-detailed. Just be sure you like your upper-mids as TSMR-5 has them in good amounts. Haha :wink:

This is of course my opinion but I hope it helps! :D

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #243 of 2,410
Anybody tried the zodiac yet?

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #244 of 2,410
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #245 of 2,410
Second day with the Zodiac, first thing there is an intriguing vent port with a filter, something usually found on dynamic bass drivers.

C212B859-8D4D-48E4-BE21-B105331F9123.jpeg

First impressions : the Zodiac is one very refined and smooth IEM, with superb resolution, textures and layering. Bass is well extended and the mid bass is spot on and the layering is outstanding it's an audiophile bass more than a bass head IEM but it can kick when called for so there is good transparency to the recording. The mids are very articulate and balanced, timbre is very accurate and delivery is smooth but the upper mids feature spot on bite. Treble has superb extension and is very refined, the delivery is smooth and timbre again spot on. Vocals are out of this world this is one of the very best IEM I have heard for vocals, a treat for me as I listen to quite a bit of vocal jazz...

FCED3321-704A-40B7-922E-F09E99DDE11D.jpeg

This is one very impressive and engaging flagship... stay tuned!

9A426F78-617B-4869-8C63-078C8CBABD86.jpeg

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #247 of 2,410
Just bought the Zodiac!! Let the fun begin!

You won't be disappointed... this is one of the most natural sounding IEM I have ever heard and absolutely TOTL SQ. Transparency is great as well. This is a very nuanced tuning that shows a lot of knowledge. The crossover is simply seamless.

I wished I had gone custom on those, in fact I am sure I'll go custom as soon as I can...

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #248 of 2,410
You won't be disappointed... this is one of the most natural sounding IEM I have ever heard and absolutely TOTL SQ. Transparency is great as well. This is a very nuanced tuning that shows a lot of knowledge. The crossover is simply seamless.

I wished I had gone custom on those, in fact I am sure I'll go custom as soon as I can...
Really looking forward to it. It's crazy that I spend that money on a brand I knew a month back! But I have only seen positive reviews of every iem that came out from their so I'm hopeful!!

btw, did you do any comparisons with this?

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #249 of 2,410
Really looking forward to it. It's crazy that I spend that money on a brand I knew a month back! But I have only seen positive reviews of every iem that came out from their so I'm hopeful!!

btw, did you do any comparisons with this?

Same here hadn’t heard of them before TSMR-5..

I am going through the review process and yes I’ll write up comparisons as well. Even before A/B sessions I can already tell the Zodiac is very much able to hold its own against respected flagships and with its own unique signature.

I will try to get some infos on the technical design because a vent port with a filter is very unusual on an all BA IEM. This might explain the very natural decay of notes.

Right now the Zodiac has become my favorite IEM for any kind of Jazz it’s that good!

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #250 of 2,410
Same here hadn’t heard of them before TSMR-5..

I am going through the review process and yes I’ll write up comparisons as well. Even before A/B sessions I can already tell the Zodiac is very much able to hold its own against respected flagships and with its own unique signature.

I will try to get some infos on the technical design because a vent port with a filter is very unusual on an all BA IEM. This might explain the very natural decay of notes.

Right now the Zodiac has become my favorite IEM for any kind of Jazz it’s that good!
Glad you mention that because i want to try mostly vocal based songs and you have said it's great in that area. Hoping the midrange is great on this!

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #251 of 2,410
Glad you mention that because i want to try mostly vocal based songs and you have said it's great in that area. Hoping the midrange is great on this!

Yes vocals are fantastic, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Melody Gardot have never sounded better...

The midrange is something special, it's full yet airy (not sure if the vent port is to credit there) and strikes a superb balance especially the upper mids manage to be exciting and non fatiguing this is pretty rare. This is why it's so great on Jazz, you get the necessary bite but without any harshness this is a balance that is very hard to find just to the edge but not over it. I think it has to do with the smooth attack and natural decay.

Timbre is spot on both for vocals and instruments.

I should be receiving the Lotoo PAW6000 any day now and will be able to refine my analysis as it's more neutral than the N6ii/E01.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #252 of 2,410
Sound like exactly what i have been looking for! I would be really surprised if this gives the big boys a run good their money!

I was or still am going to the gathering here where Dune Blue will showcase Fir lineup, if the zodiac is what i wanted, then I'll rethink my M5 buy and wait till later part of the year.

Selling my headphone and desktop amp/dac now, commiting myself to iems for now, they get more time now.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #253 of 2,410
Sound like exactly what i have been looking for! I would be really surprised if this gives the big boys a run good their money! I was or still am going to the gathering here where Dune Blue will showcase Fir lineup, if the zodiac is what i wanted, then I'll rethink my M5 buy and wait till later part of the year. Selling my headphone and desktop amp/dac now, commiting myself to iems for now, they get more time now.

Honestly I was surprised I expected the Zodiac to be good but that good... you're in for a surprise :wink:

I met Michael at Dune Blue who introduced me to the the FiR lineup a little over a week ago, I preferred the M4 over the M5 personally. M5 (universal demo) is more energetic than the Zodiac, with faster attack and decay and is above my personal threshold in the upper register. Zodiac is smoother with a more natural decay IMHO. The M4 is fuller sounding and closer to the Zodiac.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #254 of 2,410
Just curious. I ordered a Pro 3 on 12/30 from Penon. I've gotten stuff from Ali so I know it can take a bit. It shows leaving Hong Kong on 1/3. (on the Hong Kong Post and USPS)Cool. Status hasn't changed. So I contacted Penon a few days ago. They told me that if I haven't received it in 2 months they will contact Hong Kong Post for compensation. I sent them an email saying that this would not be acceptable---I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew there was a possibility of it taking 2 months. And if I do get compensated after 2 months and re-order from another seller--another 3 weeks. I then got an email back saying that due to the holiday they would not be responding to emails until 2/2.
Is this typical?

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #255 of 2,410
Yes. All works stops for Chinese new years. I have a Blessing 2 I ordered and I have to wait myself till next month for them to ship it and this was well over a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back