Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #287 of 2,410
Reading your review there david it seems like Tansio Mirai has a certain sound tuning they do. I am almost done with my TSMR-3 pro review and I can clearly imagine how the sound is compared to the Zodiac. More expansive better technicalities. Gotta love that full bodied tuning. Will have my review soon on the 3 pros soon.

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #290 of 2,410
Reading your review there david it seems like Tansio Mirai has a certain sound tuning they do. I am almost done with my TSMR-3 pro review and I can clearly imagine how the sound is compared to the Zodiac. More expansive better technicalities. Gotta love that full bodied tuning. Will have my review soon on the 3 pros soon.

Zodiac is very open sounding, it's not as full bodied as the TSMR-5 by the way which is the only other Tansio Mirai I reviewed. The Zodiac manages to be decently full bodied for a very open sounding IEM (not thin like the Penta or YB04 for example, in the open sounding category) but it's not as thick as the TSMR-5. In the "semi open" design, the Rah is fuller with black on blue filter by the way. It does have more lower mids than the Zodiac.

God look at those GEMS, what a beauty...

And they sound better than they look :wink:

I like them so much I'll probably part with the universal to get the custom :D

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #291 of 2,410
Cool--just talked to Musicteck. They do not have the PW no. 10 3.5mm in stock--it will have to ship from HK. They have it for $190 and if I order after 7pm (eastern) --sale is for 2 days--they take another 15% off! I'm ordering one--thanks guys.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #294 of 2,410
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #295 of 2,410
First of all--thanks to DavidMolliere for his help and cable recommendations. Got the PW no. 10. HUGE improvement. In all areas. I'm a soundstage and imaging guy. I agree-- I'm a musician who knows onstage sound. That's what the original cables sounded like to me. Like I was in the middle of an onstage mix. With the PW's--it's still upfront but kindof like 6 rows back. Very nice presentation.
Got an ISN AG8 on the way.
Ok--my problem. With the Tansio Pro 3's and the stock medium tips---perfect. Perfect seal--can't even tell that I'm wearing them. With the Zodiac--more challenging. Couldn't get a good enough seal with the three green tips. The double-flange ones didn't work at all. I tried the medium blue tips. Better--but not as solid of a fit as the Pro 3's. Gonna keep trying the others. Anyone know the difference between the green, blue and white tips? What is the nozzle diameter so I can try others? Any recommendations as far as other tips? I only have experience with the Comply tips. They certainly stay put but I worry about the tonal balance being affected.

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #297 of 2,410
First of all--thanks to DavidMolliere for his help and cable recommendations. Got the PW no. 10. HUGE improvement. In all areas. I'm a soundstage and imaging guy. I agree-- I'm a musician who knows onstage sound. That's what the original cables sounded like to me. Like I was in the middle of an onstage mix. With the PW's--it's still upfront but kindof like 6 rows back. Very nice presentation. Got an ISN AG8 on the way.

Glad I could help, I love the PW10 / Zodiac combo and AG8 will also be a very nice combo as well, I am curious to hear about you thoughts on the pairing :)

Mar 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #298 of 2,410
Just wanted to drop in and say I tried the TSMR 4 Pro and it promptly blew my mind. Better than so so many iems that cost more. S8F, Moondrop A8/S8, Theiaudio Voyager 14?!! and more not worth mentioning. Im slightly in shock how good TSMR is.

wow!

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #299 of 2,410
Just wanted to drop in and say I tried the TSMR 4 Pro and it promptly blew my mind. Better than so so many iems that cost more. S8F, Moondrop A8/S8, Theiaudio Voyager 14?!! and more not worth mentioning. Im slightly in shock how good TSMR is.

wow!

If you plan on getting it, you can try going the CIEM route too. TSMR makes some mean designs!

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #300 of 2,410
OH MAN!! I didn't even think about that. The 4 Pro is exactly my type of IEM. True story, I have a small mixing studio, JBL 8" studio monitors and a 12" studio sub. I was monitoring some music and put the TSMR 4 pro in my ears and THERE WAS BASICALLY NO TONAL CHANGE. Took them out, put them in, WOW!! These are amazingly accurate nevermind the soundstage being amazing.

Highly highly impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back