Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #301 of 2,410
Just wanted to drop in and say I tried the TSMR 4 Pro and it promptly blew my mind. Better than so so many iems that cost more. S8F, Moondrop A8/S8, Theiaudio Voyager 14?!! and more not worth mentioning. Im slightly in shock how good TSMR is.

wow!
I just got mine as well. It's really good! I paired it with Spinfit CP155s since I can't get a hold of a the 500. What tip are you using? I'm thinking of going for some spiral dots but I'm not sure if they'll fit.

Mar 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #302 of 2,410
OH MAN!! I didn't even think about that. The 4 Pro is exactly my type of IEM. True story, I have a small mixing studio, JBL 8" studio monitors and a 12" studio sub. I was monitoring some music and put the TSMR 4 pro in my ears and THERE WAS BASICALLY NO TONAL CHANGE. Took them out, put them in, WOW!! These are amazingly accurate nevermind the soundstage being amazing.

Highly highly impressed.

Is your room acoustically treated? Are you using a FR correction software like Sonarworks?

Mar 6, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #304 of 2,410
It's not treated but im doing nearfield and I Have shag carpet so its not bad. I'm only a few feet away from the speakers.

Room still plays a massive role. Try Sonarworks if you can and want to get your monitors sounding close to FFR. Even though I have a very nicely treated production/mixing room, I still use Sonarworks to get my monitors sounding the best they can. :)

Mar 17, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #307 of 2,410
Just another thanks to davidmolliere for cable suggestions. Based on his recommendation, I bought the PW Audio no.10 and the ISN AG8. The PW was a huge improvement over the supplied cable with the Zodiac . Everything was better. I would describe it as a "fun" cable. Brighter (not overly so) stronger low end (again not too much and bigger soundstage.
I just received the ISN AG8. Holy crap.For my taste miles ahead of the PW. For my taste. The airiness, layering, placement, stage width, depth, and height---wow. I find myself being able not only to hear things I wasn't aware were there--but identify exact placement in space. Less bright than the PW--not quite as much bass impact as the PW---but still good. I'm now using the Ibasso DX220 DAP which has also brought things to another level. The sense of immersion with this cable is extraordinary.
At $200 for an 8 wire solid silver cable-----a definite best buy. Since the Zodiac is a very detailed headphone I was worried about the ISN being too bright. Not at all. Super balanced.

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #308 of 2,410
Picking up the Zodiac after somewhat of a break, still so very impressed this is clearly one of my best TOTL and I have heard quite a few... imaging and soundstage are nothing short of fantastic and the clarity and transparency are definitely top notch.

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #309 of 2,410
Picking up the Zodiac after somewhat of a break, still so very impressed this is clearly one of my best TOTL and I have heard quite a few... imaging and soundstage are nothing short of fantastic and the clarity and transparency are definitely top notch.
Which is best these, fibae 7, dunu luna or final a8000?

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #310 of 2,410
Which is best these, fibae 7, dunu luna or final a8000?

Haven't you heard? There is no best :wink:

I haven't auditioned A8000.
F7 are still among the most emotional experience ever for me, with flawless technical foundations but it's not about technical criteria with them.
Luna has off the charts / in another league dynamics which make them a unique experience, they're the most vivid IEM I have heard could be too much for some.
Zodiac are transparent, clear and smooth with fantastic soundstage and imaging.

Each has its own strength.
Preferences will come into play.
So there is no straight answer :D

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #311 of 2,410
Just wanted to drop in and say I tried the TSMR 4 Pro and it promptly blew my mind. Better than so so many iems that cost more. S8F, Moondrop A8/S8, Theiaudio Voyager 14?!! and more not worth mentioning. Im slightly in shock how good TSMR is.

wow!

Hmm, I have TSMR-4 Pro for a week and WOW, the sound is powerfull, balanced and very detailed (123 switch). The vocals are engaging, unlike the boring-sounding Moondrop S8.

I have also TSMR-4 (non Pro). They sound differently, It's a warm sound with subbued lower treble and nice sparkle at the top-end.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #312 of 2,410
I sold off quite a few IEMs i had, and kept Luna and Zodiac, will get another flagship and call it a day! They complement so well each other. I do pair my Zodiac with Eletech's Prudence that gives it a very unique 3D like soundstage.

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #313 of 2,410
Hmm, I have TSMR-4 Pro for a week and WOW, the sound is powerfull, balanced and very detailed (123 switch). The vocals are engaging, unlike the boring-sounding Moondrop S8.

I have also TSMR-4 (non Pro). They sound differently, It's a warm sound with subbued lower treble and nice sparkle at the top-end.

After a few weeks, I can share some more differencies between TSMR-4 and TSMR-4 Pro... Switches on 123 with Shanling M5s DAP. An upgrade cable is a must here.
Bass is bigger and warmer on TSMR-4. It has an ability to be felt in the heart. But quality goes to TSMR-4 Pro.
Vocals are warmer on TSMR-4 and neutral/brighter on TSMR-4 Pro. Quality is similar, but TSMR-4's mids have more emotions.
Treble quality goes to TSMR-4 with natural and cleaner presentation and a nicer sparkle. Only problem is sibilance on prone songs. TSMR-4 Pro trebles are straight and darker, with smoothed sparkle. And there is a bit of artificial feeling, which can be taken away with a good cable and Fast Roll-Off low pass filter.

At the end, TSMR-4 are more fun and engaging. TSMR-4 Pro are neutral, monitoring-style IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #314 of 2,410
Hello I have 2 questions:

-1: What are the most natural sounding TSMR? But natural I mean a fine balance between warm and neutral. Ideally something on par technically with moondrop S8.

-2: Also I'm thinking to get them as my first custom iems. Anything I should know about? Has your experience been smooth and are you satisfied with the results?

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #315 of 2,410
Hello I have 2 questions:

-1: What are the most natural sounding TSMR? But natural I mean a fine balance between warm and neutral. Ideally something on par technically with moondrop S8.

-2: Also I'm thinking to get them as my first custom iems. Anything I should know about? Has your experience been smooth and are you satisfied with the results?

TSMR makes very good CIEMs and you can choose the artwork and customise it as you want. I like TSMR-4Pro and 3Pro most out of their line up but I haven't tried the new Zodiac, TSMR-8 or 8 Space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back