Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #316 of 2,409
Hello I have 2 questions:

-1: What are the most natural sounding TSMR? But natural I mean a fine balance between warm and neutral. Ideally something on par technically with moondrop S8.

-2: (...)

I know TSMR-4 Pro and TSMR-6 and I like both.
The latter sure wins a compare when it comes to neutrality, airness and micro/ macro details

Attachments

• 20200830_103736.jpg
    20200830_103736.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #317 of 2,409

-1: What are the most natural sounding TSMR? But natural I mean a fine balance between warm and neutral. Ideally something on par technically with moondrop S8.

-2: Also I'm thinking to get them as my first custom iems. Anything I should know about? Has your experience been smooth and are you satisfied with the results?
I own both of the TSMR 4 pro and 5.
The TSMR 4 pro has more natural timbre in comparison.
The most natural sounding IEM in my collection, is probably the Oriveti OH500.
If you are interesting about OH500, check out my review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriveti-oh500.23753/reviews#item-review-24118

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #318 of 2,409

-2: Also I'm thinking to get them as my first custom iems. Anything I should know about? Has your experience been smooth and are you satisfied with the results?

Hi,
The most natural sounding is TSMR-4 for me, but not as technically good as S8. And it needs neutral or brighter source. Its still keeper for me for their great tone, much more life-like sounding then S8.
TSMR-4 Pro is not technically much better and sounds neutral in general - colored source is my choice here.
But still, you have to go higher or to DD or planar or whatever driver.

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #319 of 2,409

Do you want something close to S8 in terms of sound signature and technicalities or do you want to buy something from TSMR specifically?

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #320 of 2,409
Do you want something close to S8 in terms of sound signature and technicalities or do you want to buy something from TSMR specifically?
I use S8 as a reference because I had the time to audition it. I think I don't need more technical wise but I want a warmer and thicker sound. Like for example less of the pluck of the guitars string and more of the resonance inside the body.

Currently I have ikko oh10 that I like a lot but its too fun, not realistic at all.
I also have magaosi K5 that has a much more realistic tone but it sound very flat, no much dynamics happening, it doesn't sastify me.(PRAT?)
After reading again your reviews it seems like the 4(pro?) would be the best choice, since 5 and 6 are more detailed focused. And the switches would prevent it to sound boring over time.

Hi,
The most natural sounding is TSMR-4 for me, but not as technically good as S8. And it needs neutral or brighter source. Its still keeper for me for their great tone, much more life-like sounding then S8.
TSMR-4 Pro is not technically much better and sounds neutral in general - colored source is my choice here.
But still, you have to go higher or to DD or planar or whatever driver.
Thanks, very helpful. I'll try look for regular tsmr-4, penon only has the pro now.
Which iems would you recommend besides tansio mirai?

Aug 30, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #321 of 2,409
I use S8 as a reference because I had the time to audition it. I think I don't need more technical wise but I want a warmer and thicker sound. Like for example less of the pluck of the guitars string and more of the resonance inside the body.

Currently I have ikko oh10 that I like a lot but its too fun, not realistic at all.
I also have magaosi K5 that has a much more realistic tone but it sound very flat, no much dynamics happening, it doesn't sastify me.(PRAT?)
After reading again your reviews it seems like the 4(pro?) would be the best choice, since 5 and 6 are more detailed focused. And the switches would prevent it to sound boring over time.

Hey! For the most warm thick sound out of the TSMR range, I would suggest going with 3Pro, as it is slightly warmer than 4Pro. It is a lovely IEM which I don't think will go obsolete anytime soon for the price, at least not sound wise even if TSMR decide to come out with a 3Pro #2. Otherwise, PM me, tell me your budget, the kind of music you like and also specific purpose you're looking to get an IEM for and I'll be able to help you better. :)

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #323 of 2,409
I'm thinkinq about TSMR8 or TSMR8 Space, but the price is higher, than expected....

TSMR8 has 2x Knowles 22955 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 2x dual Knowles 30017 for treble
TSMR8 Space has 1x dual 33AJ007i/9 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 2x dual Knowles 30017 for treble

Each costs $729

And we have also...

TSMR-4, which has 1x Knowles 22955 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 1x Knowles 29689 for treble

It costs $319

So I would pay more than twice as much for one extra bass driver, same mids and more treble drivers.

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #324 of 2,409
I'm thinkinq about TSMR8 or TSMR8 Space, but the price is higher, than expected....

TSMR8 has 2x Knowles 22955 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 2x dual Knowles 30017 for treble
TSMR8 Space has 1x dual 33AJ007i/9 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 2x dual Knowles 30017 for treble

Each costs $729

And we have also...

TSMR-4, which has 1x Knowles 22955 for bass, 1x dual Sonion 33AP007 for mids, 1x Knowles 29689 for treble

It costs $319

So I would pay more than twice as much for one extra bass driver, same mids and more treble drivers.
Actually the driver in the TSMR 4 is 2*Cl-22955 and 2*ED-29689, and they are relatively cheap BA driver.
The Sonion driver used in TSMR8 are more expensive as well as the Knowels 30017 driver.
And with more driver, there are more steps needed, such as welding more driver, connect to more tube, even placing the driver is more harder, and the TSMR8 also got the pretty cool faceplate.
So It definitely worth twice more of its price if it sound good.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #325 of 2,409
Actually the driver in the TSMR 4 is 2*Cl-22955 and 2*ED-29689, and they are relatively cheap BA driver.
The Sonion driver used in TSMR8 are more expensive as well as the Knowels 30017 driver.
And with more driver, there are more steps needed, such as welding more driver, connect to more tube, even placing the driver is more harder, and the TSMR8 also got the pretty cool faceplate.
So It definitely worth twice more of its price if it sound good.
Hi, I have mentioned TSMR-4 (non-Pro), which I own for 1,5 year. Very well tuned iem.
As you wrote, it worths that price if it sounds good.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #326 of 2,409
Hi, I have mentioned TSMR-4 (non-Pro), which I own for 1,5 year. Very well tuned iem.
As you wrote, it worths that price if it sounds good.
Most definitely, Tansio Mirai is one of the few Chi-fi company that know how to tuned the IEM.
I own both of TSMR 4 pro and 5, both has different tonality.
I hope the TSMR 8 sound good, and if anyone own it, please kindly share some impressions here.

Oct 24, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #328 of 2,409
What is the least expensive Tansio Mirai that you would recommend as a highly technical, perhaps almost clinical, “fast” and detailed sounding IEM? Something akin to the Fearless S8 series, for fast-paced music like metal?

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #329 of 2,409
What is the least expensive Tansio Mirai that you would recommend as a highly technical, perhaps almost clinical, “fast” and detailed sounding IEM? Something akin to the Fearless S8 series, for fast-paced music like metal?
The TSMR4 pro has really close S8f levels of technical performance already, but if you looking for the IEM that can be against to S8f then the TSMR 5 will be suitable for you. It has less bass and slightly brighter and airy treble with faster transition. The detail retrieval and soundstage are better on the TSMR5 through the treble, but the treble never get too hot or harsh for my taste. Actually in my opinion, as I own the 3/4 pro and 5, I like the Tansio Mirai signature more than the fearless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back