Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #106 of 2,407
Late night listening sessions, TSMR-3 Pro with the Nicehck 8 core copper cable. Rolling it with different cables to check its performance.

Sorry for the low light photo, I've settled in well for a good session. Haha :)
53568887_1433818580082978_775354657647099904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #107 of 2,407
Late night listening sessions, TSMR-3 Pro with the Nicehck 8 core copper cable. Rolling it with different cables to check its performance.

Sorry for the low light photo, I've settled in well for a good session. Haha :)
Wow they look great.
I wonder if you gonna find some sonic differences compared to original :) (or even compare them to different iems)
Would be great to know if its worth to buy the pro or if its better to wait for some older ones used.
Jeez, not even a month since I got FH5 and Noble X (which I both really like), but this thing is so tempting :D

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #108 of 2,407
Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro vs TSMR-3 - The battle of the siblings. :wink:

Here are the differences I heard right off the bat. They are certainly not night and day. The 3 Pro is a tasteful refinement and update to the 3.
  1. Bass definition is slightly better and more defined on the 3 Pro.
  2. 3 Pro has better separation between instruments and the soundstage is wider too.
  3. Treble is cleaner now and sounds airier. Some users had reported slight sibilance in sibilance prone tracks in the TSMR-3 earlier. Now even that is almost non-existent. Some tracks with sibilant vocals will always sound sibilant.
  4. Mids tonality is more natural now. Initially in TSMR-3, I felt that the 3kHz peak occasionally made some instruments containing that frequency, sound a bit peaky (Alert: This is me nitpicking now). Well that peak is now better balanced on the 3 Pro and gives guitars a nice character. As a result, upper middle frequencies have better tonality, therefore sounding more natural.

Here is an explanation from a technical standpoint for whoever is interested.

TSMR-3 Pro's low frequency unit has a lower internal impedance, which makes it sound more energetic. It improved 3 Pro's ability to express the details of the voice better. Coupled with the high-frequency unit's impedance values, their impedance matching is better than in TSMR-3. When integrated, more current is absorbed by the lower frequency unit than the one in TSMR-3. As a result the treble character is cleaner. The energy distribution on the whole is more evenly distributed and the frequency bands are better balanced.

All in all a good update to the existing TSMR-3 for just a little more money.

As for the TSMR-3, it has its own nice character and sounds absolutely fine. Unless you have them both and sit down to compare them intensely back to back, I think you would be happy with either of the two for listening to music in detail.

3Pro Vs 3.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #110 of 2,407
Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro vs TSMR-3 - The battle of the siblings. :wink:

Here are the differences I heard right off the bat. They are certainly not night and day. The 3 Pro is a tasteful refinement and update to the 3.
  1. Bass definition is slightly better and more defined on the 3 Pro.
  2. 3 Pro has better separation between instruments and the soundstage is wider too.
  3. Treble is cleaner now and sounds airier. Some users had reported slight sibilance in sibilance prone tracks in the TSMR-3 earlier. Now even that is almost non-existent. Some tracks with sibilant vocals will always sound sibilant.
  4. Mids tonality is more natural now. Initially in TSMR-3, I felt that the 3kHz peak occasionally made some instruments containing that frequency, sound a bit peaky (Alert: This is me nitpicking now). Well that peak is now better balanced on the 3 Pro and gives guitars a nice character. As a result, upper middle frequencies have better tonality, therefore sounding more natural.

Here is an explanation from a technical standpoint for whoever is interested.

TSMR-3 Pro's low frequency unit has a lower internal impedance, which makes it sound more energetic. It improved 3 Pro's ability to express the details of the voice better. Coupled with the high-frequency unit's impedance values, their impedance matching is better than in TSMR-3. When integrated, more current is absorbed by the lower frequency unit than the one in TSMR-3. As a result the treble character is cleaner. The energy distribution on the whole is more evenly distributed and the frequency bands are better balanced.

All in all a good update to the existing TSMR-3 for just a little more money.

As for the TSMR-3, it has its own nice character and sounds absolutely fine. Unless you have them both and sit down to compare them intensely back to back, I think you would be happy with either of the two for listening to music in detail.

Nitpicking :wink:

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #114 of 2,407
Anyone has bought the tsmr 4, yet? If so, would be great if you can post impressions
I have some on the way. I'll be sure to post impressions once they arrive :)

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #116 of 2,407
Anyone get their hands on the TSMR-3 Pro version yet?
Never mind... post 108...! Really, I am not this blind, seriously... I am not sure why, but my wife sent me the following video...

There is probably a hidden meaning, but I haven't found it yet...

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #118 of 2,407
Anyone has bought the tsmr 4, yet? If so, would be great if you can post impressions
I think @Hawaiibadboy has a set in-house. I'd love to see one of his graphs on these, especially considering all the good work he's putting in lately.

The guy's a machine!

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #119 of 2,407
Today I received the tsmr-3 Pro version. I'm going to give you a brief description of the sound.
There is nothing more stimulating than the ex-version of tsmr-3.
Badly speaking, the sound has become boring.
but In other words, it's a relaxing sound.

And the soundstage has definitely increased, but I'm not sure about the rest of the improvement.

I'll explain the rest of the more detailed sound differences later

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #120 of 2,407
My review on the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro!
An excellent IEM I must say, the TSMR-3 Pro builds on the foundation of TSMR-3 and it is another winner by Tansio Mirai.
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Today I received the tsmr-3 Pro version. I'm going to give you a brief description of the sound.
There is nothing more stimulating than the ex-version of tsmr-3.
Badly speaking, the sound has become boring.
but In other words, it's a relaxing sound.

And the soundstage has definitely increased, but I'm not sure about the rest of the improvement.

I'll explain the rest of the more detailed sound differences later
Quite different from what @Animagus and me are hearing. The Pro is definitely more energetic sounding for me. YMMV. Cheers! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back