Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #121 of 2,407
hey guys help me...please

today i received **** 7n cable

So I'm trying to connect to each other, but is it right to connect to that picture?

As far as I know, that blue dot is +.

it is right?
4Ft7p2Lh.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #122 of 2,407
I would think, correct me, that the red and clear colors would mean left right identification and red usually means right so it may be wrong in that pic(R plugged into L earpiece). I have one YinY** which has no ear guides so you can confuse the polarity. If the stock cable or earpieces(check inside the sockets) have no polarity indicator you should still be able to tell by ear.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #124 of 2,407
hey guys help me...please

today i received **** 7n cable

So I'm trying to connect to each other, but is it right to connect to that picture?

As far as I know, that blue dot is +.

it is right?
4Ft7p2Lh.jpg

@hakuzen is correct. If you're still unsure, just verify the positive terminal once using a multimeter. Sometimes Chi-fi companies don't follow the norm just because they want to be rebel. Haha :p

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #126 of 2,407
Just an observation .. there are a lot of these Chinese cables where the blue/red dot marks the "- ve"

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #127 of 2,407
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #128 of 2,407
Remind me again why we haven't all gone to MMCX?

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #129 of 2,407
Remind me again why we haven't all gone to MMCX?

It's because MMCX connection tends to get loose after repeated cable swapping and twisting, some quicker than others. So a lot of companies making expensive earphones tend to avoid it for for the fear of multiple warranty claims on that account. 2-pin connection is safe in terms of polarity most of the times unless a manufacturer has used a polarized component. It's not as hard as one would think to figure out the positive terminal.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #130 of 2,407
It's because MMCX connection tends to get loose after repeated cable swapping and twisting, some quicker than others. So a lot of companies making expensive earphones tend to avoid it for for the fear of multiple warranty claims on that account. 2-pin connection is safe in terms of polarity most of the times unless a manufacturer has used a polarized component. It's not as hard as one would think to figure out the positive terminal.
So this makes sense, of course, but then why not use polarized 2 pin connectors?

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #131 of 2,407
So this makes sense, of course, but then why not use polarized 2 pin connectors?

That is exactly how 2-pin works, they have a positive and negative terminal. That is why it is advised that they should be connected correctly. Simple elementary physics.

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #132 of 2,407
That is exactly how 2-pin works, they have a positive and negative terminal. That is why it is advised that they should be connected correctly. Simple elementary physics.
Yes, but some are notched and others not. If manufacturers still want to use 2pin, it seems to me there's really no rationale for NOT using the keyed ends.

Sorry, I said "polarized" where I meant "keyed." :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #133 of 2,407
Most of the times, cable manufacturers have done the work for you when they make ear hooks. They bend the cable in a way so that the top pin is the positive terminal and the one below is the negative. Also, most of the smart companies also label the positive terminal with dots.

It's only the rogue rebels (like @superuser1 said), who don't follow the norm and make life complicated. So, it's just a quick precautionary step to take a multimeter and quickly figure out the terminals. 80% of the times, even if you connect it in reverse but the cable connectors (R&L) are in phase, it won't ruin anything because the IEM probably doesn't have any polarized components or the supplied voltage isn't enough to fry up a polarized component or you're just plain simple lucky. It's for the oddest chance that one should always double check the terminals just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back