Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #77 of 2,410
Found the issue 20190212_093334.jpg
When I unscrewed the connector cap the whole wire fell off must have been a crappy solder job. I sent some pictures to Penon and so maybe they will send me a replacement. In the mean time I soldered it back but I don't know how long it will hold I'd rather get a replacement cable.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #80 of 2,410
Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-3-07-41-PM.png

I hope it will be a real 'pro' version

Interesting news that they discontinued the TSMR-3..
Could you ask what are they going to change with the pro version?

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #81 of 2,410
Interesting news that they discontinued the TSMR-3..
Could you ask what are they going to change with the pro version?

Penon has a pre-order fro the pro

https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-tsmr-3.html?search=tsmr-3

the description and specs looks to be the same as the normal version with the following note added:

"The TSMR-3 Pro improves on TSMR 3 with better definition and clarity. Punchy Bass, Crystal Clear Vocals, Sparkling Highs, Big Soundstage."

I'm not sure how they are achieving those changes though.

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #82 of 2,410
I am reposting my post to be more specific after checking with the company.

Yes, a new version TSMR-3 PRO is in development and is being tested now. The launch date isn't confirmed yet. I have one on the way for testing and should receive them by the weekend. It is still going to be a 3 driver BA set but will be a little different from the existing TSMR-3. Some cool updates have been made to the tuning and the tech inside the IEM. As a result, it is going to be priced a little higher.

I will post my impression once I have them. For now, here are some pictures of them in a custom faceplate version. Let me know if you like it. :)

Blue 1.jpg Blue 2.jpg Blue 3.jpg Blue 5.jpg

Attachments

• Blue 4.jpg
    Blue 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #84 of 2,410

Yes, a new version TSMR-3 PRO is in development and is being tested now. The launch date isn't confirmed yet. I have one on the way for testing and should receive them by the weekend. It is still going to be a 3 driver BA set but will be a little different from the existing TSMR-3. Some cool updates have been made to the tuning and the tech inside the IEM. As a result, it is going to be priced a little higher at $219.

I will post my impression once I have them. For now, here are some pictures of them in a custom faceplate version. Let me know if you like it. :)

Those are beauties.
I have the normal black ones, they are extremely good sounding but not even near the beauty of those gems.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #85 of 2,410
By increasing the price, of course :smile_phones:

Well Tansio told me that the updated tech; use of costlier internal components, updated tuning, more color options and increasing production capacity, is going to increase the cost of build significantly. As a result, he will have to increase the price of the TSMR-3 Pro a bit to accommodate that.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #86 of 2,410
Well Tansio told me that the updated tech; use of costlier internal components, updated tuning, more color options and increasing production capacity, is going to increase the cost of build significantly. As a result, he will have to increase the price of the TSMR-3 Pro a bit to accommodate that.
Of course I was joking, but it would be very interesting having an A-B comparison with the discontinued TSMR-3 version.

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #88 of 2,410

Yes, a new version TSMR-3 PRO is in development and is being tested now. The launch date isn't confirmed yet. I have one on the way for testing and should receive them by the weekend. It is still going to be a 3 driver BA set but will be a little different from the existing TSMR-3. Some cool updates have been made to the tuning and the tech inside the IEM. As a result, it is going to be priced a little higher.

Darn right after I got mine! Wonder how they sound compared to the original can't wait to hear your impressions. How can you tell the difference between the two is there something that looks different on one and not the other. Just curious because I know sometimes when you order a something right before a new revision is released you sometimes get the new revision. I doubt I did but it would still be nice to be able to pickout that one was a pro compared to the regular from a visible difference.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #89 of 2,410
Penon emailed me back and said I could send it in for replacement. I told them I fixed it and they said if it broke again just send it in. So far I'm absolutely loving these headphones! They are spoiling me they sound sooo good. I don't know about others but to me the soundstage and imagining sound insane very very spacious and pinpoint accuracy for picking out each sound and location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back