Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #901 of 2,429
Spark is actually doing a great job at suppressing my temptation to grab the Traillii.

It is hitting so close to my ideal of the perfect sound reproduction that it is distorting my sense of time and space lol
I wonder how the two would compare :) Are you getting the Traillii in the coming month or so?

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #902 of 2,429
Thanks, honestly first impressions are very very good Spark is a special IEM for sure a big step up from the already excellent Zodiac... Tansio has outdone themselves with the Land and Spark releases.

I love Tansio midrange tuning... with open with superb separation yet a very organic presentation.
If I had to sum up Spark first impression it would be clear, smooth and highly engaging with a huge stage.
Resolution is impressive, naturalness is outstanding it might be the most natural sounding IEM I have heard especially out of DX300 (prefer it to M8 pairing).
Hi David,
would be nice if you could compare the Alambic Ears Mundaka and the Spark. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems they have a lot in common.

thx

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #903 of 2,429
Hi David,
would be nice if you could compare the Alambic Ears Mundaka and the Spark. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems they have a lot in common.
thx
Well, I don't have the Mundaka which was a loan anymore... but Mundaka has quite a bit more bass presence and overall more fun tuning and a more energetic profile, Spark is more linear, transparent and resolving so really two different philosophies. If I had to compare Land would be a more appropriate comparison but I'd need to be able to A/B.

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #904 of 2,429
I am gonna cover some cables and their properties and how they mesh with the Sparks. My parameters is based off of stock cable and how those sound vs
From Left to right Penon Mix, Penon 0S849, ISN Solar, Penon Totem

I don't own Penon OS849 but I have been using Solar and Totem... one thing I'd add is Totem is leaner wirh better extension both ways... sub and upper treble benefit greatly overall better technicalities indeed especially imaging and staging. Solar is richer adding warmth and body and not so far behind Totem which is a testimony to its value for money. Even if Totem tops Solar on technicalities, I actually love the Solar + Spark paring, as it adds an euphonic twist to the signature... I like to have the choice between both.

I sure am getting Penon Storm and I look forward to the Spark pairing but not sure when it will be available...

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #905 of 2,429
Well, I don't have the Mundaka which was a loan anymore... but Mundaka has quite a bit more bass presence and overall more fun tuning and a more energetic profile, Spark is more linear, transparent and resolving so really two different philosophies. If I had to compare Land would be a more appropriate comparison but I'd need to be able to A/B.
Would you be able to recall the soundstage differences between the two? Seems like Spark is up my alley, but I am a sucker for wide soundstage!

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #906 of 2,429
No more noise about Land? Is the Spark so dazzling?

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #908 of 2,429
in your review on MUNDAKA in fact I remember that among the "cons" you wrote "if you don't like bass very much" ..

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #909 of 2,429
in your review on MUNDAKA in fact I remember that among the "cons" you wrote "if you don't like bass very much" ..
Yeah because Mundaka has plenty of it so if you don't have somewhat of an inner basshead won't be for you...

On the flipside, Spark won't satisfy the inner basshead like Land can... but the more hours I clock on Spark the more I am impressed by its clarity and transparency... It's impressively resolving and with a huge stage with pinpoint precise imaging as well. I'll be doing some A/B against Elysium and I expect the Spark to hold their own from what I am hearing.

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #910 of 2,429
I should be able to demo the Spark next week thanks to @tgx78 ...it will be my first demo of a Tansio IEM...can't wait!

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #912 of 2,429
Yeah because Mundaka has plenty of it so if you don't have somewhat of an inner basshead won't be for you...

On the flipside, Spark won't satisfy the inner basshead like Land can... but the more hours I clock on Spark the more I am impressed by its clarity and transparency... It's impressively resolving and with a huge stage with pinpoint precise imaging as well. I'll be doing some A/B against Elysium and I expect the Spark to hold their own from what I am hearing.
not being a lover of the low range in fact, I left aside the Musaka, and for the opposite reason, now from what you say I am instead attracted to the Spark

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #914 of 2,429
Of course Customs opened my Spark package and made a mess of everything. Nice box cutter slice across the outside of the box. Iems intact though. Never had that happen before. Hooligans
Are you from the UK? That's pretty quick. Looking forward to hearing your impressions

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #915 of 2,429
I received my Spark today, my first Tansio Mirai IEM. My first impression of it is prettay prettay good on the LPGT which I haven’t touch in a couple months and it still have 75% battery. It’s better than the Monarch but at almost double in price. So far have been playing with the switches and stick with 101 instead of the default 010. I will have to play with it more over the weekend and measure it. I can’t wait to play with it in Pro-Q 3. The cable that come with the Spark is crap BTW and good thing Penon give a free chonky nice looking cable even though I am not going to use it.

IMG_20210611_203936.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back