Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #886 of 2,424
Love the ISN Solar and Penon Totems both cables bring out a bit of extra in the way of imaging a richer tone due to the gold platings, better dimensional sound and staging especailly the Totems. To my surprise the OS849 which comparatively cheaper vs the mentioned cables at $120 has the best bass presenation even over the other two much higher end cables and staging is right up there with even the Totems. I think eventually as more folks get the Sparks we will find out what is what for a good cable match ups but since the Sparks is mostly using BAs. Cables do enhance the overall sound vs a dynamic or even a hybrid earphones using dynamics. So I am not kidding when I said prepare your best cables and tips. The Sparks will make a non believer of cables a believer. It scales amazingly with just about anything you throw on there.
1623251921741.png

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #889 of 2,424
Love the ISN Solar and Penon Totems both cables bring out a bit of extra in the way of imaging a richer tone due to the gold platings, better dimensional sound and staging especailly the Totems. To my surprise the OS849 which comparatively cheaper vs the mentioned cables at $120 has the best bass presenation even over the other two much higher end cables and staging is right up there with even the Totems. I think eventually as more folks get the Sparks we will find out what is what for a good cable match ups but since the Sparks is mostly using BAs. Cables do enhance the overall sound vs a dynamic or even a hybrid earphones using dynamics. So I am not kidding when I said prepare your best cables and tips. The Sparks will make a non believer of cables a believer. It scales amazingly with just about anything you throw on there.

Also like both pairings but Totem has the edge for me and can't wait to slap the upcoming Penon Storm on the Spark...

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #892 of 2,424
I am wondering about that cable myself. It will be the new flagship for Penon and probably with a price tag to match.
Yes but given the value for money of Totem, I expect the same price to performance ratio granted for a superior price but it will be worth it for sure...

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #894 of 2,424
I recently learned a bit of BA bass tuning trick from another earphone I did a review for in the Reecho Insects awaken. Even though those are using some Knowles BAs for bass. What is interesting is that they use one BA for mid bass to lower mids and another from lower bass to sub bass. Each taking care of their assigned portion of the lower end frequency. This allows the insects awaken to have some clean potent BA bass.

I am wondering if that is how Tansio has implimented the two dual vented Sonion BAs for bass. This makes a lot of sense as the bass cohesion is liquid with the Sparks.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #895 of 2,424
I still feel drawn to the Sparks even given my DD-love noted above... Looking forward to consensus building regarding what kind of cable composition is favored with this set. I tend to favor DUNU cables because I love their modular device-side connector system, but gotta admit, that new Penon cable (I presume soon to be released?) sure looks the part.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #896 of 2,424
@Dsnuts did you try OSG on Spark?

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #897 of 2,424
Havent tried it yet. Might do a cable shoot out for the Sparks as it seems they clearly take advantage of better cables. Will report with some findings. So far so good however. Everything I tried on the Sparks is better than their stock cable. Even the PAC480 which adds a touch of a warmer hue, slight heavier note weight to the sonics. OSG should sound great on it. Will report back later this evening when I have some time to compare what cables are doing for the Sparks.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #898 of 2,424

It sure is on my list as well and I'll report... OSG is a very good cable and I look forward to trying it out on the Spark. I have tried PAC480 as well, agreed it adds warmth and body and weight for sure. But honestly Spark deserves a top of the line cable as it scales so well... I have a meetup on sunday were I'll probably be able to try it with superb cables, I'll report.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #899 of 2,424
I bet HanSound Torfa should pairs very well with Spark, adding more sub bass and thicker sound, also Aegis would sounds very well.
Danta Rhodium would cost as Spark😂
PlusSound TriHybrid would have a great pairing also

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #900 of 2,424
I am gonna cover some cables and their properties and how they mesh with the Sparks. My parameters is based off of stock cable and how those sound vs
DSC08222.JPG
From Left to right Penon Mix, Penon 0S849, ISN Solar, Penon Totem

First cable on the Sparks is the Penon Mix I did a review for recently. This cable cost $149. This cable consists of half crystal copper half pure silver in a 4 core braided mix. This cable gives one of the best balanced presentations for cables due to both of the most popular materials being well represented on the Mix. In comparison to the stock cable, first thing I noticed is the expansion of stage. Wider presentation with a bit of an uptick in detail from across the entire sound of the Sparks. I also notice since it is using half pure silver, upper details especially treble notes have better distinction giving a slight cooler tonality. For stage and detail guys that want to retain the advantages of having some copper in the mix for bass and mids presence the Mix is a great choice. I will have to try the ISN AG8 pure silver cable on the Sparks and will report on that in part two of this report.

The 2nd cable is the OS849 @ $120. This cable is one of Penons best sellers for a good reason. These are essentially a very versatile upgrade to just about any earphone. It is one of the absolute best silver plated copper cables I know in existence as you get some benefits from a thicker 8 cored configuration of the OS849 cable. These things are approximately 68% crystal copper and 32% silver. This particular cable is very good at adding a bit of body and weight to your host earphones and that is exactly what it does for the Sparks. It is essentially identical to the tonality of the stock cable presentation but adding more stage and a fuller more musical presentation. Due to ample silver plating the excellent detail of the Sparks is more than retained. The thickness here also adds everything to have a fuller note and overall a bigger body of sound. Hence it also expands the stage to be wider deeper and gives one of the best bass presentations. For folks that just bought the Sparks and dont want to spend a lot for an upgraded balanced cable you cant go wrong with this particular cable. It not only sounds great on the Sparks but also for just about any earphone you use these on. That makes the 0S849 very versatile.

The 3rd cable Is the one I have used probably the most on the Sparks thus far is the ISN Solar. Solars is an excellent cable that gives a very good taste of much higher end cables in the industry. Using some of the best materials as far as cables goes. Copper, silver, gold and palladium. This cable was one of the first cables I tried on the Sparks as it adds a richer tone and texture to the mid bands to the treble end due to the gold plating. Palladium and silver adds an enhancement to imaging stage and detail of the host earphone, the copper cores make up the base cores on these so your bass and mids have excellent presence and impact. This cable material is similar to the Penon Totems and while not exactly at the Totem level. This cable holds its own as an all around sound enhancing cable that comes to about 90% of what the Totem does at half the cost. I know $400 is not a small amount to pay for such a cable but the consistency of the Solar as proven to me time and time again when paired with earphones it most definitely enhances everything about the sound of the host earphone as it does with the Sparks.

Totems was the 4th cable. This is Penons former flagship cable and for cable vets that have used this particular cable a serious contender for kilobuck cables in the industry. It is essentially what the ISN solar is but with even a greater expansion of stage in all directions. Costing twice as much as the Solars this cable is excellent match up with earphones that already sound dimensional as it clearly puts the host earphone into a surround effect for sound. Best way to describe it. This cable has the ability to magnify all the best attributes of the host earphone and then expands those attributes in one of the best imaging cables can throw out for earphones. These utilize more material and has a very specific weaving process that makes the Totem addition to the Sparks the most musical immersive sounding version of the Sparks. This cable and the Sparks for vocal performances is unbelievable how good it sounds. Like all good things in life. Good things cost money and these cost a lion share for cables and is perhaps not the best value among the cables I have listed but none of the other cables can do exactly what the Totems can do for sonic enhancing, I suppose the Solars come the closest but there is a difference between the Solar and the enhancing abilities of the Totems. On the Sparks, the enhanced imaging effect and that richer tonal qualities just makes the Sparks sound completely stupid higher end in earphonedom. It enhances just about everything about the Sparks adding a better sound separation better layering not to mention that expansive stage. It does so many thing to magnify greatness for the host earphones, there is a reason why these cost $800. As you would expect these cables are by far the best match up with the Sparks but the others I mentioned does their own thing with the Sparks. Each one of these cable mentioned matches up extremely well with the Sparks but they all do it at a different level.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back