Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 30, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #781 of 2,410
1622350524582.png

Dont know why I havent seen this but the LAND is on sale on Massdrop for $550. Not bad of a deal. 3 more days till deal is done.

May 30, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #783 of 2,410
Yeah @Dsnuts , I remember I also asked you the same question: How does the Land compare with the Dunu Zen and Dunu SA6? I saw you have reviewed both of them. Genuinely interested to know the comparisons between these 3 totally different iems.

May 30, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #784 of 2,410
Cant compare to the S8 but against the SA6. Land is more dynamic sounding with a greater wider deeper stage presence. EST treble has greater extension and air much more dimensional sounding treble with a beefier deeper reaching bass. Interestingly enough I always though the Sonion acupass dual vented woofer was very good at bass for BAs and as good as it is. It is not gonna match the bass of the Land. Mids I would say is a wash but due to the more bass and upper treble emphasis mids will seem a bit laid back in comparison to the SA6 but when you hear the same track for vocal forwardness and presence they both have an equal amount of presence for mids.

Zen has cohesion and dynamic timbre going for it. One of the best single dynamic earphones in the game right now. Land has a more complete treble end as it is known Zen lacks a bit of treble extension and upper trebles is rolled off. It is more lower treble emphasis vs Lands more balanced and extended treble presentation. Sound balancing is similar and bass ends are both comparable but the LAND has a wider stage. Zen has a bit more upper mids presence as does the Luna. Clarity on both sets are excellent and I feel the mids to the low sub bass both sets are comparable but due to the LAND utilizing two BAs for the mids sounds more dimensional especially with an upgraded cable. Zens bass prestation is a bit tighter with a bit less mid bass emphasis but both have quality deep rumble when called for. Land has a bit more bass authority and reach as it has a dedicated bass driver doing the duties. Detail wise both are similar levels

SA6 sound balancing is more similar to the SParks vs the LANDs actually. Zen is more similar to the presentation of the LAND but again does not have that upper treble airy dimensional qualities or the stage.

I do own the Blessing 2 and since Moondrop likes to tune virtually the same way on their phones, I can make a good guess how the Land will compare. S8 will not come close to the bass authority of the LAND. It might do mids a touch better and both of them will have comparable detail retrieval and dimensional qualities. But no way is the S8 gonna be more dynamic sounding than the LANDs.

I mentioned this before but I really feel Tansio took some design clues from the IER-Z1R. Which is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #785 of 2,410
Cant compare to the S8 but against the SA6. Land is more dynamic sounding with a greater wider deeper stage presence. EST treble has greater extension and air much more dimensional sounding treble with a beefier deeper reaching bass. Interestingly enough I always though the Sonion acupass dual vented woofer was very good at bass for BAs and as good as it is. It is not gonna match the bass of the Land. Mids I would say is a wash but due to the more bass and upper treble emphasis mids will seem a bit laid back in comparison to the SA6 but when you hear the same track for vocal forwardness and presence they both have an equal amount of presence for mids.

Zen has cohesion and dynamic timbre going for it. One of the best single dynamic earphones in the game right now. Land has a more complete treble end as it is known Zen lacks a bit of treble extension and upper trebles is rolled off. It is more lower treble emphasis vs Lands more balanced and extended treble presentation. Sound balancing is similar and bass ends are both comparable but the LAND has a wider stage. Zen has a bit more upper mids presence as does the Luna. Clarity on both sets are excellent and I feel the mids to the low sub bass both sets are comparable but due to the LAND utilizing two BAs for the mids sounds more dimensional especially with an upgraded cable. Zens bass prestation is a bit tighter with a bit less mid bass emphasis but both have quality deep rumble when called for. Land has a bit more bass authority and reach as it has a dedicated bass driver doing the duties. Detail wise both are similar levels

SA6 sound balancing is more similar to the SParks vs the LANDs actually. Zen is more similar to the presentation of the LAND but again does not have that upper treble airy dimensional qualities or the stage.
You're making me inching closer to Land every day...

May 30, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #786 of 2,410
My buddy @DannyBai told me and I quote. " I don't know how sound gets better from the LAND. Man I am out of the loop cuz I love this thing."

I was chatting with him about his Sparks he ordered. Danny here has owned and heard a lot he is like me, guilty of hoarding too much gear. I don't recommend stuff that is not gonna be good especially to good friends of mine.

If your willing to burn the LAND in correct. You will be treated with one of the best bang for buck earphones in the market right now. Oh and he took my advice about the cable and never touched the stock cable. Went with the PAC480.

May 30, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #787 of 2,410
My buddy @DannyBai told me and I quote. " I don't know how sound gets better from the LAND. Man I am out of the loop cuz I love this thing."

I was chatting with him about his Sparks he ordered. Danny here has owned and heard a lot he is like me, guilty of hoarding too much gear. I don't recommend stuff that is not gonna be good especially to good friends of mine.

If your willing to burn the LAND in correct. You will be treated with one of the best bang for buck earphones in the market right now. Oh and he took my advice about the cable and never touched the stock cable. Went with the PAC480.
Reading that name, this came to mind:

May 30, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #788 of 2,410
Not quite 200 hrs,but i'm happy to report that things has turned to the better.
After cable change (probably did nothing) tip rolling like crazy and the most important,brain burnin, i am now just perfectly happy with the purchase. I ended up using Fiio "Vocal tips" that took the treble down a couple of db at 7-8k. That made the treble go from a bit to much for my ears,to sound very detailed and "fun" instead. So most of my metal now sound just great.
I also set the tuning switches to 020 " all balanced mode" ,that took the bass down a notch,and made it sound a bit cleaner and less heavy footed/fat to my ears.

The misstake i did from the start was that i was using my Softears RVS iems just before switching to the Lands.
The RSV is very different tuned to the Land with much warmer treble.
So the contrast became huge when i put in the Lands

So all in all i really do think the Tansio Land has great value compared to both my Clairvoyance and the Softears.
If you wan't a more "fun" iem compared to Clairvoyance,with hard hitting bass,clear mids,energic detailed treble
and great instrument separation,the Land is perfect. The cheaper price is just a bonus.

Only cons is that if you are treble sensitive in the 7-8k range like me,then it's not an instant REC (but tip rolling and brain burnin helped much)

In the end i got what i was aiming for

Tansio Land- Fun iem
Clairvoyance- Neutral (To me)
Softears RSV- warm/relaxed

All of them just awsome in their own way
Thanks for the review!
Would you prefer the Land over the clairvoyance?
And which one of the two has clearer and transparent (natural) mids between the Land and Clairvoyance?
How does the bass and subbass compare between the two as well?

May 30, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #789 of 2,410

I hope my PAC480 will arrive tomorrow, I place order 20days ago 😴

May 31, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #791 of 2,410
Yeah I expected that, and paid half the cost of 480 to get it to me quickly, which it did. Finding p480 to be micrphonic, unfortunately, like a bass sound from thick rubber cable wrap
Oh really?!? What a pity!!! :frowning2:

May 31, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #792 of 2,410
PAC480 arrived!
Later I’ll check with Land!
E54CD4A2-EADA-4935-A2B6-CD621F522391.jpeg
E399C626-B0B7-4A11-A243-62B202307088.jpeg
6EFADB6E-C52D-4B35-8DB2-59460DBE6F5A.jpeg

May 31, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #793 of 2,410
May 31, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #794 of 2,410
After 2 hours I can say PAC480 has strong bass but not resolving as Nyx, mids also isn’t clear as Nyx and highs also but for 50$ is a good deal, I’ll test on my full BA.
I think could be a great choice for dongle or mid tier Dap that hasn’t strong bass

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #795 of 2,410
As I thought PAC480 pairs better with W2

6AF50899-7567-48AE-9F0B-67666D0F89DD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back