Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 26, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #752 of 2,420
Hi, has anyone compared the Land with Empire Ears Bravado Mk.II?

May 26, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #753 of 2,420
I got em both. Much different animals. Land is pretty vivid yet balanced. ESR2 is smoother, warmer and flatter but with very good detail, of course. Both deserving of a place in my collection. And they’re both sensitive to cable changes, probably Land more so
I’m sorry. I read that wrong but I’ve had and sold B2 also. I can comment if you’d like?

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #755 of 2,420
You couldn't choose more different IEMs, maybe the only similarity is the tri-hybrid design, but has very different sound signature.
Tansio Mirai isn't for basshead.

May 27, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #756 of 2,420
I got em both. Much different animals. Land is pretty vivid yet balanced. ESR2 is smoother, warmer and flatter but with very good detail, of course. Both deserving of a place in my collection. And they’re both sensitive to cable changes, probably Land more so
I’m sorry. I read that wrong but I’ve had and sold B2 also. I can comment if you’d like?
Well...I have a PLETHORA of questions for you now :sweat_smile: I hope you won't get irritated...

See, what I like is good deep bass with controlled but voluminos thump, but not too much of it. I don't like loose bass. For mids, I do not like them scooped and thin. A bit recessed is fine, gives a sense of space. But lower mid should have good body and presence, while upper mid should have controlled brilliance. The notes should be balanced so that they do not feel unnaturally thin, and yet the soundstage remains clean and airy. Slight edge on the notes are okay, but not piercing. Treble should be sparkling. airy, but not piercing or uneven. Overall I prefer an airy sound with expanded soundstage in both height, width and depth. Holographic feel is a necessity for me.

I read that Valkyrie Mk.II has a very poor lower mid presence, and hence instrumental music sounds bad. Bravado Mk.II has a rather narrow soundstage compared to others in the similar price range, like Ibasso IT07 (twister6 review). Hence,

1. How is the Land compared to ESR Mk.II according to my preference?
2. How is the Land compared to Bravado Mk.II according to my preference?
3. In what ways ESR Mk.II is different than Bravado Mk.II?

Thank you in advance, I know I have asked a lot of questions, apologies for that. I really need an upgrade from my current setup, as I just sold my UM Mirage, hence I am desperate for advices.

May 27, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #757 of 2,420
You couldn't choose more different IEMs, maybe the only similarity is the tri-hybrid design, but has very different sound signature.
Tansio Mirai isn't for basshead.
Nor am I a basshead...I am interested in how is the stage, separation, imaging, mids and highs are between them.

May 27, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #758 of 2,420
Go with land

May 27, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #759 of 2,420
Well...I have a PLETHORA of questions for you now :sweat_smile: I hope you won't get irritated...

See, what I like is good deep bass with controlled but voluminos thump, but not too much of it. I don't like loose bass. For mids, I do not like them scooped and thin. A bit recessed is fine, gives a sense of space. But lower mid should have good body and presence, while upper mid should have controlled brilliance. The notes should be balanced so that they do not feel unnaturally thin, and yet the soundstage remains clean and airy. Slight edge on the notes are okay, but not piercing. Treble should be sparkling. airy, but not piercing or uneven. Overall I prefer an airy sound with expanded soundstage in both height, width and depth. Holographic feel is a necessity for me.

I read that Valkyrie Mk.II has a very poor lower mid presence, and hence instrumental music sounds bad. Bravado Mk.II has a rather narrow soundstage compared to others in the similar price range, like Ibasso IT07 (twister6 review). Hence,

1. How is the Land compared to ESR Mk.II according to my preference?
2. How is the Land compared to Bravado Mk.II according to my preference?
3. In what ways ESR Mk.II is different than Bravado Mk.II?

Thank you in advance, I know I have asked a lot of questions, apologies for that. I really need an upgrade from my current setup, as I just sold my UM Mirage, hence I am desperate for advices.
I’m not real good at answering questions like that with specificity like, say, dsnuts and several others can.
As far as EE ESR2, what I wrote already holds true for my ears. I don’t think it’s what your looking for, but nevertheless good.
If you haven’t owned an EE iem, B2 is a great introduction. I like fuller mid presentation so I sold B2 because B2 mids are recessed, to my ears. It’s so called V-shaped but done well. DD bass on B2 will be delightful for many. It’s potent and, really, no other iems have that EE dynamic driver bass sound.
Either way, it sounds like you’ve never had an EE or TM iem. At some point you’re likely to own them both, maybe not at the same time. My best suggestion is go for Land, given what you wrote, but your desires are fairly specific. Likely no one will be able to point you where only your own ears will lead.

May 27, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #760 of 2,420
@Vision Ears
I’m not real good at answering questions like that with specificity like, say, dsnuts and several others can.
As far as EE ESR2, what I wrote already holds true for my ears. I don’t think it’s what your looking for, but nevertheless good.
If you haven’t owned an EE iem, B2 is a great introduction. I like fuller mid presentation so I sold B2 because B2 mids are recessed, to my ears. It’s so called V-shaped but done well. DD bass on B2 will be delightful for many. It’s potent and, really, no other iems have that EE dynamic driver bass sound.
Either way, it sounds like you’ve never had an EE or TM iem. At some point you’re likely to own them both, maybe not at the same time. My best suggestion is go for Land, given what you wrote, but your desires are fairly specific. Likely no one will be able to point you where only your own ears will lead.
I have heard one TSMR iem, the TSMR-4 Pro...I did not like it much, the presentation was very intimate, mids were in my face. I didn't find it spacious and airy sounding at all... However, based on @Dsnuts and @Xinlisupreme , the Land is a different beast has quite airy and spacious presentation...so I may bite the bullet soon.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #761 of 2,420
@Ace Bee Go with Mest OG if you have dubts on Tansio Mirai, you can find more feedback and more hype :D
Until you don't chose you will never undestand! :p

maxresdefault.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #762 of 2,420
So I did a bit more listening to the LAND vs the Sparks last night and the LAND actually has a bit of a wider stage, it is more closer to how the MEST is for stage and again this is due to having a bit lesser mids presence vs the Sparks. How we hear stage for our IEMs has a lot to do with how the mids are tuned.

This being said. The LAND is such a great value at their price. That physical bass is down right addictive, clean mids and sparkly treble. In a way the LAND is Tansio Marais version of the Sonys IER Z1R tuning and sound. I know these are different level earphones but both of these earphones has a similar sound design/ balancing with each house doing the similar type of tuning with their own tech and philosphies. LAND is serious bang for buck IEM especially with the right cable and again can hang with the bigger boys that cost way more.

Sparks on the other hand is playing with them TOTLs fellas. The tuning is elegant sohistocated and nuanced, I can only imagine the Sparks with the right cable can pretty much hang with just about anything out there and do a few things even better.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #764 of 2,420
Yes i think if Land would cost 1000$ no one would complain its performaces, i tested some full BA from 1200 to 2000€ that doesn't sound good as Land.
I'm so happy with Land when i want a neutral sound with extra sparkle highs and airy sound :)
Another bang for buck IEM is Softears RSV that goes in opposite Land way, with a rich mids, but very detailed and a touch of warmth that provide fantastic voices and natural instruments as piano, trumpet, violin.
I'd compare again Land and IT07 but would be in the middle of Land and RSV with extra sub bass.
Mest Mk2 is different again, and keep a bit of all IEMs mentioned, but with bigger stage and solid sound.
I'd live happy with these 4, but i miss a single DD and or multi DD in my collection :D

May 27, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #765 of 2,420
I wonder how Sparks compares to VE8?
Very different tuning, VE8 is more similar to RSV... wait VE7 and see but don't forget Vision Ears are German company and can't have same Chi-fi value for money.
Tansio Mirai is a great little boutique but hasn't you need to work with cable, tips and you don't have such unboxing satisfation ahahhah :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back