Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #526 of 2,408
this hobby is getting more interesting...

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #527 of 2,408
Apr 16, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #528 of 2,408
You mean expensive, right?😅
Yes and no. It’s definitely getting more expensive when there are so many outstanding IEMs being released, such that you acquire the IT07, MEST2, and Land is a short period of time. It’s getting much less expensive when you consider what quality you can get for a lot less money now. One could spend around $300 and have an “end-game” IEM.

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #530 of 2,408
@IEMusic Which 300 bux iem is endgame? Just curious.
Oh, I’m probably in way too deep already for a $300 IEM to be MY personal endgame. I’m just suggesting that a $300 IEM COULD be an end game IEM for many people now, such as perhaps the Dusk, LZ A7, FD5, Tea, Lokahi, Globe for instance.

However, right now, my personal favorite IEM is the UM 3DT, so that’s not too much more expensive new.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #531 of 2,408
Oh, I’m probably in way too deep already for a $300 IEM to be MY personal endgame. I’m just suggesting that a $300 IEM COULD be an end game IEM for many people now, such as perhaps the Dusk, LZ A7, FD5, Tea, Lokahi, Globe for instance.

However, right now, my personal favorite IEM is the UM 3DT, so that’s not too much more expensive new.
Yeah, lots of jaw-dropping stuff at that price point. I love my Globe. A total grand slam in the 9th inning of the 7th game of the World Series! So, the Tea or 3DT for my complementary pair? Or go EST 112? Or wait for FH5s? So many questions...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #532 of 2,408
So this morning as I am working on LAND review process I decided to take the iFi Audio Zen Can out and plug it to the R6 2020 to check out how LAND does with more juice... and the answer is : it scales quite a bit further! The main benefactor is the stage size really and I was not surprised by this rather by the magnitude of the gain it's really significantly wider and taller and a tad deeper. Since we're talking affordable good stuff I can only recommend the Zen Can (the bundle with iPower if you can, it's worth it!). I have also done a bit of cable rolling and oh my the LAND loves the ISN Solar :heart_eyes:

Next : try out LAND out of my M8 and DX300, fun times!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #533 of 2,408
You asked for it, here are a few shots of the LAND aside with Zodiac and Volt.
Keep in mind my Volt are custom and are probably quite bigger than the universal shells given my conduits size :p

LAND and Zodiac

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

LAND and Volt (custom)

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #534 of 2,408
thank you David, great Job!!!!😲

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #535 of 2,408
And here is my Land review : https://iem.reviews/2021/04/17/tansio-mirai-land-promised-land/

img_3259.jpeg

Bottom line : If you're looking for an IEM with an intoxicating midrange, powerful textured and fast bass and impressive air and resolution at a reasonable price then the Land is one of top alternatives in a crowded segment with tough competition! It does so with a really singular combination of transparency, engagement and refinement crediting a real tuning mastery from Tansio Mirai.

I'll try to post a comparison section but right now I am swamped with work, so much so that I am working today of all days...

Note that the only minor gripe I would have is I would have liked a three position tuning switch system : it would have opened interesting variants like basshead bass levels, more lower mids and less upper mids or more treble energy for example. Right now you can have a leaner bass, brighter mids and a less energetic treble. As it is, I am sticking to all switches to ON just like I did for the Zodiac. But I am nitpicking there, I love the Land!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #536 of 2,408
My TSMR-10 has been in rotation with my faves. Every time I hear them they are just amazing.

Funny as I suggested a while back that they need to consider a hybrid with their tuning. And here we are with the LAND no less than a Tribrid.. This one is gonna be popular I have a feeling.
Do you think there can be a lot of difference between the TSMR8 and the TSMR10?

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #537 of 2,408
Awsome review!
This read just made me look for shipment notification on my Lands from DHL, but nope ,not yet...
And here is my Land review : https://iem.reviews/2021/04/17/tansio-mirai-land-promised-land/

img_3259.jpeg

Bottom line : If you're looking for an IEM with an intoxicating midrange, powerful textured and fast bass and impressive air and resolution at a reasonable price then the Land is one of top alternatives in a crowded segment with tough competition! It does so with a really singular combination of transparency, engagement and refinement crediting a real tuning mastery from Tansio Mirai.

I'll try to post a comparison section but right now I am swamped with work, so much so that I am working today of all days...

Note that the only minor gripe I would have is I would have liked a three position tuning switch system : it would have opened interesting variants like basshead bass levels, more lower mids and less upper mids or more treble energy for example. Right now you can have a leaner bass, brighter mids and a less energetic treble. As it is, I am sticking to all switches to ON just like I did for the Zodiac. But I am nitpicking there, I love the Land!

Apr 18, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #538 of 2,408
Apr 18, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #539 of 2,408
Do you think there can be a lot of difference between the TSMR8 and the TSMR10?

Just by the nature of the LAND using 3 types of drivers. EST treble is different than your standard BA treble and we all know dynamics move air and is better suited to do bass duties but you like more neutral bass presentations and faster bass so I would wait a bit to see what the Spark will be about for you.

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #540 of 2,408
Just by the nature of the LAND using 3 types of drivers. EST treble is different than your standard BA treble and we all know dynamics move air and is better suited to do bass duties but you like more neutral bass presentations and faster bass so I would wait a bit to see what the Spark will be about for you.
@fabio19 Spark would be your cup of tea, definitely.
Can you imagine 4EST+7BA?🤩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back