Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #541 of 2,407
Apr 18, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #542 of 2,407
Was looking at the clairvoyance, would the Tansio Mirai Land be a good alternative?

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #543 of 2,407
I have heard the Clairvoyance and Monarch. Preferred the Monarch, Clairvoyance just sounds muddy in comparison.

Definitely prefer the Land to Clairvoyance.
@FireLion read here...

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #544 of 2,407
Just by the nature of the LAND using 3 types of drivers. EST treble is different than your standard BA treble and we all know dynamics move air and is better suited to do bass duties but you like more neutral bass presentations and faster bass so I would wait a bit to see what the Spark will be about for you.
I'm waiting for it to be launched on the market ... hoping it hasn't (as you rightly said)

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #545 of 2,407
And here is my Land review : https://iem.reviews/2021/04/17/tansio-mirai-land-promised-land/

img_3259.jpeg

Bottom line : If you're looking for an IEM with an intoxicating midrange, powerful textured and fast bass and impressive air and resolution at a reasonable price then the Land is one of top alternatives in a crowded segment with tough competition! It does so with a really singular combination of transparency, engagement and refinement crediting a real tuning mastery from Tansio Mirai.

I'll try to post a comparison section but right now I am swamped with work, so much so that I am working today of all days...

Note that the only minor gripe I would have is I would have liked a three position tuning switch system : it would have opened interesting variants like basshead bass levels, more lower mids and less upper mids or more treble energy for example. Right now you can have a leaner bass, brighter mids and a less energetic treble. As it is, I am sticking to all switches to ON just like I did for the Zodiac. But I am nitpicking there, I love the Land!
@davidmolliere I listened music you suggested on your review with IT07 and M8, you should try it if you like that kind of music, definitely!!!

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #546 of 2,407
@davidmolliere I listened music you suggested on your review with IT07 and M8, you should try it if you like that kind of music, definitely!!!
I hope to be able to audition IT07, looks like it's a keeper as well

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #547 of 2,407
with M8 pairs amazing but i bet will be wonderful with DX300 also, i'll wait a new card amp and than i'll pull the trigger :D

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #548 of 2,407
In an unguarded moment, I ordered Land last night from Penon.
More flavors! I want more audio flavors!!
Undoubtedly, I have problem here. But, really, Land is a good price for the tech offered. And thanks to David M for providing review. Gonna probably have to sell Ely to get my debt down, though I don’t expect anything to best it, for what it does. Gotta steer clear of kilobuck iems. Champagne tastes, beer pocketbook

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #549 of 2,407
Ok so i got my Tansio Land today,but am shocked of how V shaped the tuning is. Not at all what i was expecting.
Is it possible for any of you Land owners (pun intended :wink:) to do frequency measurements?
I have measured all configurations,and all of the them looks more or less identical except the ”high frequency enhancement mode” that has a bit less bass.
For example configuration 100 (bass enhancement) have less bass than the "mix mode" 123, and the tuning switches does nothing with the treble at all. Here are some graps. Keep in mind that my Dayton mic is not the most correct one out there,so my graps is only for comparison between different tuning modes on my rig and should not be taken to serious. Either my Lands are faulty, or the tuning is simply not to my liking. They do not sound bad,but sadly my ears gets fatigued quite fast.

Attachments

• FD37D7F4-80F6-4885-8A43-CDF423B3C39B.jpeg
    FD37D7F4-80F6-4885-8A43-CDF423B3C39B.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #550 of 2,407
Ok so i got my Tansio Land today,but am shocked of how V shaped the tuning is. Not at all what i was expecting.
Is it possible for any of you Land owners (pun intended :wink:) to do frequency measurements?
I have measured all configurations,and all of the them looks more or less identical except the ”high frequency enhancement mode” that has a bit less bass.
For example configuration 100 (bass enhancement) have less bass than the "mix mode" 123, and the tuning switches does nothing with the treble at all. Here are some graps. Keep in mind that my Dayton mic is not the most correct one out there,so my graps is only for comparison between different tuning modes on my rig and should not be taken to serious. Either my Lands are faulty, or the tuning is simply not to my liking. They do not sound bad,but sadly my ears gets fatigued quite fast.
In practice I understand that it has little bass?
Is this the reason that makes you consider them annoying, or in addition to the lack of low range supposed by you, do you find other defects or shortcomings or surpluses?

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #551 of 2,407
If you have a little patience my friend Xinlisupreme should receive the Land, and then maybe you will know something more ................
But do you really think it may be NOT working?
Or ask at davidmolliere......

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #552 of 2,407
Well i don't know if i think the Land is bass shy, it has about 10db boost.
It's more the treble that is my concern. I listen mostly to metal and on most records the treble just gets to intense after a couple of songs.
But i really thaught that would be an non issue since i believed the tuning switches would affect both the bass, mid AND treble.
And this is really my main issue. Is not the switches SUPPOSE to affect mids and treble too,and not just bass?

Well,hopefully someone else measure the Land soon so i can compare and see if my set is faulty.
In practice I understand that it has little bass?
Is this the reason that makes you consider them annoying, or in addition to the lack of low range supposed by you, do you find other defects or shortcomings or surpluses?

Apr 26, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #553 of 2,407
It's more the treble that is my concern. I listen mostly to metal and on most records the treble just gets to intense after a couple of songs.
But i really thaught that would be an non issue since i believed the tuning switches would affect both the bass, mid AND treble.
And this is really my main issue. Is not the switches SUPPOSE to affect mids and treble too,and not just bass?

Well,hopefully someone else measure the Land soon so i can compare and see if my set is faulty.
I also listen to metal (right now: Lacuna Coil "Vaneficium". In fact, too bright highs with metal, become annoying if not well tamed. I have the Tansio Mirai 5 but I also listen well to metal with tuning at 123

Apr 26, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #554 of 2,407

I’m sorry for your disappointment man. Sucks. You had high hopes. Hopefully it gets straightened out for ya

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #555 of 2,407

Let it run in for about 200 hours, the treble gets less intense after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back