Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #497 of 2,409
Have been listening to the Tansio Mirai Land for the past 2 days, still running it in, but loving it so far.

Sounds like a brighter sounding Volt with better separation in the lower mids.

It can be slightly unforgiving for badly recorded music, but overall it sounds great with most music.
As I thought and would be my cup of tea...
Maybe I’d buy also it😅

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #502 of 2,409
So I received the Land EST and I must say it looks great. Form factor is similar to the Zodiac (I'll take pics side by side a bit later) with the same color coded vent ports.

IMG_3249.jpeg

The shells and build are superb and the fit is great!
The Land spells premium product and I feel the build is a step up from the Zodiac as well. Nicely done, Tansio!

I love the transparent grey shell that allow to see the very nice craftsmanship of the internals (it's pretty packed in there as you can see).

IMG_3248.jpeg

Too soon to post impressions as I started burn in 24h ago, started listening early this morning but after a couple of hours let me hint that the Land is pretty impressive and a keeper. More to come very soon!

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #503 of 2,409
So I received the Land EST and I must say it looks great. Form factor is similar to the Zodiac (I'll take pics side by side a bit later) with the same color coded vent ports.

IMG_3249.jpeg

The Land spells premium product and I feel the build is a step up from the Zodiac as well. Nicely done, Tansio!

I love the transparent grey shell that allow to see the very nice craftsmanship of the internals (it's pretty packed in there as you can see).

IMG_3248.jpeg

Too soon to post impressions as I started burn in 24h ago, started listening early this morning but after a couple of hours let me hint that the Land is pretty impressive and a keeper. More to come very soon!
Thank you David, could you please take a pic near Volt?
Your CIEM shell is similar to UIEM in external shape?
Land looks very similar to Mest Mk2

6E32E95C-DF5E-41CC-B486-7D736432B526.jpeg

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #505 of 2,409

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

They look beautiful. Hope to hear your impressions soon.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #507 of 2,409
How do you hear the bass on the Tansio compared to the Monarc/Clairvoyance ?
Is it tuned more like the Monarc or the Clair?
And how do you find the "speed" compared to the Clair? I listen mostly to metal music,and like when the bass is able to keep up with faster tracks.

Thanx
I have heard the Clairvoyance and Monarch. Preferred the Monarch, Clairvoyance just sounds muddy in comparison.

Definitely prefer the Land to Clairvoyance.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #508 of 2,409
So here are my first impressions of the Land EST (out of Hiby R6 2020), this is with all switches to ON which has always been my favorite with the Zodiac so I am starting there... I had excellent fit with the Zodiac and it's the same shell or close to it so the fit is very similar. It's a deep fit with a long stem and it's also slightly bigger to accomodate the 4 bore of the LAND. I have big ears, it's a non issue for me.

The Land features a powerful bass with excellent sub bass power, the 10mm driver definitely brings additional physicality compared to the Zodiac although the Zodiac has always been one of my favorite BA bass and it does have excellent sub bass just not as physical as the LAND since a dynamic actually moves air. This sub bass can be felt.
The mid bass slam is excellent, the LAND with the bass switch to ON is clearly a fun IEM but not at the expanse of technicalities. It's actually pretty impressive in terms of control the LAND has speedy recovery on Lucy Dixon "Stormy Weather" I was pretty satisfied at how fast the LAND is with bass. Textures are rich and detailed, there is clearly a family of tuning with Zodiac and this is a good thing in my book given how high I rate the Zodiac mid bass. Bass is really well integrated into the overall signature, it doesn't overshadow the mids while providing great pace and rhythm.

The midrange (with the mid switch to ON) is quite intoxicating and Tansio has found a rare balance there. It's not as transparent as the Zodiac midrange, but it's fuller with a quite a bit more body to the instruments while not really falling into what I would call full bodied. I'll analyze this further for the review, as it's really a very subtle balance of transparency and fullness. The LAND might not be as transparent as the Zodiac there, but keep in mind Zodiac has outstanding midrange transparency in my book. LAND is well above the pack, especially in the price range it's downright impressive. This level of transparency combined with body is pretty intoxicating to my ears. When I listen to Gerry Mulligan "Chelsea bridge" with a huge smile on my face, something is happening although I love this track no many IEM can provide the level of nuances and engagement that I found with the LAND. This I think is related to the midrange fullness combined with the right amount of bite in the upper mids. This is a hard balance to find but clearly Tansio has a knack for pulling off mature tunings. Compared to Zodiac with the same switches position, the LAND is a bit less vivid and a tad sweeter and it's really intoxicating. I can already see countless hours of bliss with the LAND. My upper mids test with Hank Levy "Whiplash" revealed the LAND has plenty of bite and takes me to edge on the cymbals but never crosses the threshold so again masterfully done here. With the switch down I expect things to be a bit less forward which might just be what some will need.

Now on to the treble, how does the first EST powered Tansio sound? Well, it's a pretty impressively mature EST tuning from Tansio and hints at what heights Spark could reach. Tansio took time to release its first EST but it did right. The lower treble section is always the one I check with EST arrays. It's the weakest part of EST drivers to me and the first EST IEMs on the market lacklustered here. Not with LAND. I am pretty impressed at the lower treble energy with the switch to ON, matching none less than Vision Ears Elysium. Note weight can't really match a BA setup but still, very close. Last but not least, the upper treble is just impressive as EST done right can be with impressive extension and a sense of air and a resolution that other technology fail to deliver. The LAND is nothing short of impressive at its price point... it won't reach the same level of refinement and abilities that IEMs with 4EST can deliver like Volt or the upcoming Spark probably will but still it's downright impressive. Again it's pretty close to VE Elysium 2 EST performance but we're talking an IEM 4x the price. To me, it's great news for audiophiles on a budget!

To sum it up, LAND features powerful and balanced bass with excellent speed, an intoxicating midrange that strikes a super balance of transparency and fullness with good bite and a refined treble that packs some excellent energy. Soundstage is excellent with great width, excellent height and good depth. Vocals are forward and clear packing impressive detail. Male vocals have satisfying power and female vocals are beautiful to me with just the right touch of sweetness. This is with all switches to ON. I need more time to provide comparative analysis with switches combination that I'll do for the review.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #509 of 2,409
Nice writeup! the way you describe the Land sounds exactly the way i hoped it would be.
Got damn i wan't my pair right now haha
Sound like Land might be a little gem in the price bracket...
Do you feel the treble roll of early,or does it have good energy higher up also?
So here are my first impressions of the Land EST (out of Hiby R6 2020), this is with all switches to ON which has always been my favorite with the Zodiac so I am starting there... I had excellent fit with the Zodiac and it's the same shell or close to it so the fit is very similar. It's a deep fit with a long stem and it's also slightly bigger to accomodate the 4 bore of the LAND. I have big ears, it's a non issue for me.

The Land features a powerful bass with excellent sub bass power, the 10mm driver definitely brings additional physicality compared to the Zodiac although the Zodiac has always been one of my favorite BA bass and it does have excellent sub bass just not as physical as the LAND since a dynamic actually moves air. This sub bass can be felt.
The mid bass slam is excellent, the LAND with the bass switch to ON is clearly a fun IEM but not at the expanse of technicalities. It's actually pretty impressive in terms of control the LAND has speedy recovery on Lucy Dixon "Stormy Weather" I was pretty satisfied at how fast the LAND is with bass. Textures are rich and detailed, there is clearly a family of tuning with Zodiac and this is a good thing in my book given how high I rate the Zodiac mid bass. Bass is really well integrated into the overall signature, it doesn't overshadow the mids while providing great pace and rhythm.

The midrange (with the mid switch to ON) is quite intoxicating and Tansio has found a rare balance there. It's not as transparent as the Zodiac midrange, but it's fuller with a quite a bit more body to the instruments while not really falling into what I would call full bodied. I'll analyze this further for the review, as it's really a very subtle balance of transparency and fullness. The LAND might not be as transparent as the Zodiac there, but keep in mind Zodiac has outstanding midrange transparency in my book. LAND is well above the pack, especially in the price range it's downright impressive. This level of transparency combined with body is pretty intoxicating to my ears. When I listen to Gerry Mulligan "Chelsea bridge" with a huge smile on my face, something is happening although I love this track no many IEM can provide the level of nuances and engagement that I found with the LAND. This I think is related to the midrange fullness combined with the right amount of bite in the upper mids. This is a hard balance to find but clearly Tansio has a knack for pulling off mature tunings. Compared to Zodiac with the same switches position, the LAND is a bit less vivid and a tad sweeter and it's really intoxicating. I can already see countless hours of bliss with the LAND. My upper mids test with Hank Levy "Whiplash" revealed the LAND has plenty of bite and takes me to edge on the cymbals but never crosses the threshold so again masterfully done here. With the switch down I expect things to be a bit less forward which might just be what some will need.

Now on to the treble, how does the first EST powered Tansio sound? Well, it's a pretty impressively mature EST tuning from Tansio and hints at what heights Spark could reach. Tansio took time to release its first EST but it did right. The lower treble section is always the one I check with EST arrays. It's the weakest part of EST drivers to me and the first EST IEMs on the market lacklustered here. Not with LAND. I am pretty impressed at the lower treble energy with the switch to ON, matching none less than Vision Ears Elysium. Note weight can't really match a BA setup but still, very close. Last but not least, the upper treble is just impressive as EST done right can be with impressive extension and a sense of air and a resolution that other technology fail to deliver. The LAND is nothing short of impressive at its price point... it won't reach the same level of refinement and abilities that IEMs with 4EST can deliver like Volt or the upcoming Spark probably will but still it's downright impressive. Again it's pretty close to VE Elysium 2 EST performance but we're talking an IEM 4x the price. To me, it's great news for audiophiles on a budget!

To sum it up, LAND features powerful and balanced bass with excellent speed, an intoxicating midrange that strikes a super balance of transparency and fullness with good bite and a refined treble that packs some excellent energy. Soundstage is excellent with great width, excellent height and good depth. Vocals are forward and clear packing impressive detail. Male vocals have satisfying power and female vocals are beautiful to me with just the right touch of sweetness. This is with all switches to ON. I need more time to provide comparative analysis with switches combination that I'll do for the review.

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #510 of 2,409
How do you hear the bass on the Tansio compared to the Monarc/Clairvoyance ?
Is it tuned more like the Monarc or the Clair?
And how do you find the "speed" compared to the Clair? I listen mostly to metal music,and like when the bass is able to keep up with faster tracks.

Thanx

You have probably read davidmolliere's review, so I guess it pretty much say it. I would say the Land has the low end of the Clairvoyance and the highs of the Monarch, plus a better defined leading edge.

It has very good speed, I listen to lots of metal too and the Land does pretty well with metal except for the bestial stuff cos it is never well recorded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back