Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #1,681 of 2,410
@Redcarmoose , thank you, I will have a closer look tomorrow morning. The stock Sands tips I am currently wearing feel/sound OK, quite good I'd say, but I cannot really tell without the PAC cable + my FiiO BTR7, which appears to be the best device from my collection to handle the Sands (meaning, they are dead silent with it).

I have one important question, please!

- Would you recommend to order a 4.4mm PAC or a 3.5mm PAC cable?

1) None of my devices has 4.4mm, besides the BTR7. Meaning, if I'd wish to test the Sands with the Mojo or the Qudelix, I'd have to buy an adaptor
2) I have already received a faulty PAC 4.4mm cable and I am scared to order a second one. Because it takes like 20 days to come to the UK!

So, do you think that I will be missing a lot if I will just go with a 3.5mm PAC?

PS: I WISH @Dsnuts would give their opinion about the UTWS5 + SANDS synergy!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #1,682 of 2,410
Well I can confirm the UTWS5 is not a good match up at all with the Sands. It is bright as all get out I have no idea why.

You want a great match up for the UTWS5 I recommend Fiios own FH5S. Get the cheaper one and not the pro to use on the UTWS5. In theory the UTWS5 is a warm sounding source so you figure it would match up well. For some reason it accentuates the treble notes more so on the Sands that it has to be which is odd.

Oh well I suppose it wasnt meant to be. I would stick with the BTR7.

Jan 11, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #1,683 of 2,410
Well I can confirm the UTWS5 is not a good match up at all with the Sands. It is bright as all get out I have no idea why.

You want a great match up for the UTWS5 I recommend Fiios own FH5S. Get the cheaper one and not the pro to use on the UTWS5. In theory the UTWS5 is a warm sounding source so you figure it would match up well. For some reason it accentuates the treble notes more so on the Sands that it has to be which is odd.

Oh well I suppose it wasnt meant to be. I would stick with the BTR7.

Thank you for confirming this, I was starting to think that something is broken.

I have already tried the FiiO FH5s back in November 2021. I have returned it back to Amazon and gotten a full refund. For my 2 pairs of the UTWS5 I am using the 7Hz Timeless and the RAPTGO HOOK-X. Both synergise fantastically and cover all my needs on-the-go. They do not play as good as when I connect them with cables but the sound quality is excellent for me, and I surely appreciate greatly the convenience!

For the time being, I can bear listening to the Sands from my UTWS5 if I reduce my phone's volume one notch and listen to .WAV from UAPP.

Today I got an email from Penon Audio, that my PAC 3.5mm cable has been dispatched. We will see in 10 - 12 days.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #1,684 of 2,410
Thank you for confirming this, I was starting to think that something is broken.

I have already tried the FiiO FH5s back in November 2021. I have returned it back to Amazon and gotten a full refund. For my 2 pairs of the UTWS5 I am using the 7Hz Timeless and the RAPTGO HOOK-X. Both synergise fantastically and cover all my needs on-the-go. They do not play as good as when I connect them with cables but the sound quality is excellent for me, and I surely appreciate greatly the convenience!

For the time being, I can bear listening to the Sands from my UTWS5 if I reduce my phone's volume one notch and listen to .WAV from UAPP.

Today I got an email from Penon Audio, that my PAC 3.5mm cable has been dispatched. We will see in 10 - 12 days.
The odds are in your favor, when I used the PAC480 it became the gateway to success! Not that the Sands always too much, but the PAC480 allowed my listening times to be as long as I wanted with-out fatigue.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #1,685 of 2,410
The odds are in your favor, when I used the PAC480 it became the gateway to success! Not that the Sands always too much, but the PAC480 allowed my listening times to be as long as I wanted with-out fatigue.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Just out of curiosity, and since you have suggested it, what would be a dark source to best match the Sands? Can you suggest a product, DAP or dongle? I am asking just out of curiosity, I will not purchase anything right now, as I am saving up for my new desktop computer, now that the new AMD processors have appeared. Just waiting for the motherboards and RAM to come to reasonable prices.

Also, have you given a listen to Ott, Ajja&Cosmosis and all of those?

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #1,686 of 2,410

I have a solution for you, get these tips they will do some magic for you, even better magic than pac480 can do I believe, you can get the them on amazon.jp, they will make your Sands quite a bit warmer and souding different. Penalty for taming Sands is reduction of soudstage and transparency, tamed to much they sound more like a budget set, comfortable but with no magic. Anyway I believe you will be able to use these tips even with the stock cable, they are not expensive. In my experience they can tame Sands slightly too much but it is worth trying. These are JVC tips by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_131502.jpg
    IMG_20230111_131502.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #1,687 of 2,410
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Just out of curiosity, and since you have suggested it, what would be a dark source to best match the Sands? Can you suggest a product, DAP or dongle? I am asking just out of curiosity, I will not purchase anything right now, as I am saving up for my new desktop computer, now that the new AMD processors have appeared. Just waiting for the motherboards and RAM to come to reasonable prices.

Also, have you given a listen to Ott, Ajja&Cosmosis and all of those?
Well it’s always a balancing-act, but I myself have never found the Sands to lack treble enthusiasm, though some have thought the PAC480 to be slightly too smooth? I like the Sands with the PAC480 and wide-bore tips with the Shanling UA3 Dongle or the WM1Z DAP with MrWalkman’s firmware installed.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #1,688 of 2,410
I have a solution for you, get these tips they will do some magic for you, even better magic than pac480 can do I believe, you can get the them on amazon.jp, they will make your Sands quite a bit warmer and souding different. Penalty for taming Sands is reduction of soudstage and transparency, tamed to much they sound more like a budget set, comfortable but with no magic. Anyway I believe you will be able to use these tips even with the stock cable, they are not expensive.
I see, thanks for your suggestion, I will keep it in mind. A link to Amazon.jp would help.

My plan is this: after I will receive the PAC cable = after 10 - 12 days, I will try my Sands will all of my sources and all the stock tips. If it will not work, I will then try a few of my other IEM tips. If it will still not work, I will start using EQ (from the Mojo 2 and Qudelix 5K). If it still will not work, I will go for other tips. I think that I will not have to go through all this.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #1,689 of 2,410
I see, thanks for your suggestion, I will keep it in mind. A link to Amazon.jp would help.

My plan is this: after I will receive the PAC cable = after 10 - 12 days, I will try my Sands will all of my sources and all the stock tips. If it will not work, I will then try a few of my other IEM tips. If it will still not work, I will start using EQ (from the Mojo 2 and Qudelix 5K). If it still will not work, I will go for other tips. I think that I will not have to go through all this.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/EP-FX2-Rep...1673437521&sprefix=jvc+ep-fx2l,aps,302&sr=8-1

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,690 of 2,410
Jan 12, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #1,691 of 2,410
Jan 18, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #1,693 of 2,410
Regarding the channel imbalance in TSMR Sands. This isn't actual channel imbalance, the Sands is just really sensitive to even the most minimal panning in audio recordings. To reduce this effect, I am using DSP stereo tools. In general this IEM really improves with changes in the stereo panorama.

Here is a quick test.

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #1,694 of 2,410
Right to the end of this month I finally finished finding my optimal EQ and DSP settings for the TSMR Sands. I am very pleased with the results. The sound is a complete endgame for me. I can still recommend the Sands for everyone that wants to use EQ with his IEMs as this set can be EQd very well. To my ears the typical IMR offering sounds much better straight out of the box but EQ only changes the IMR sound a little. Using the Sands with a lot of DSP and EQ is audiophile heaven. Incredible resolution and superfast bass while at the same clean and precise treble extension with top end sparkle.

At this moment I am browsing through Tidal records trying to discover new music and it's so exciting.

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #1,695 of 2,410
Right to the end of this month I finally finished finding my optimal EQ and DSP settings for the TSMR Sands. I am very pleased with the results. The sound is a complete endgame for me. I can still recommend the Sands for everyone that wants to use EQ with his IEMs as this set can be EQd very well. To my ears the typical IMR offering sounds much better straight out of the box but EQ only changes the IMR sound a little. Using the Sands with a lot of DSP and EQ is audiophile heaven. Incredible resolution and superfast bass while at the same clean and precise treble extension with top end sparkle.

At this moment I am browsing through Tidal records trying to discover new music and it's so exciting.
I totally agree, since I got it I just ended up using it more and more, and now it's my main device, even more so than my 800S. The resolution of the Sands is uncanny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back