Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #1,400 of 1,514
Feb 16, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #1,402 of 1,514
Usb c is fine but a mmcx or 2pin version would b great. I want to recable my Tanya but lack of the experience and no guides have refrained me from doing so.
There is a wire that coming off in my set, near the mic compartment, idk what it is as Iem Sounds fine, mic and button also working fine. Its weird as I never put stress on the wire and one day it was coming out like this.
Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• Tanchjim Tanya Defect.jpg
    Tanchjim Tanya Defect.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #1,408 of 1,514
I got the Ola. My preferences are towards boosted sub bass starting 200hz, and emphasized 2800-3000hz with sensitivity to 6000-7000hz and 10,000hz.
Possibly, I am perceiving less bass due to shallow stem and strange vent interactions with my ear.

Ola is 4/10 enjoyment for me. It feels lacking in dynamics, and a boring tuning with slight honkiness making vocals unseemly for my taste. Hi-hat's also sound slightly like a plastic toy drum, flabby and artificial.

Bass aside, or lack thereof as I can only hear it clearly from 30hz, I think the vocals feel a little too pulled back.

Imaging is ok, and I believe due the cuts in 2000-3000 the presentation may sound more diffuse leading to the impression of stage. When I played Genshin Impact, a video game, the imaging was ok with the virtualization engine but the lack of bass reduced impact of a lot of sounds.

Detail retrieval may be above average for the price point. It is less detailed than the er2se, but may match the Moondrop SSR.

Overall though, it is really inoffensive. A sine sweep reveals no brutal peaking. I just feel it sounds lacking.

I much prefer my Moondrop SSR, which has less stage, and more shout. Despite the similar sub bass roll off the SSR feels punchier.
I also like the Sony mdr-as800ap, which has an agreeable midrange with a warm bass emphasis. I feel the as800m has better imaging but that can be my HRTF.

The Tanya I also enjoyed more than the Ola Though it may be less technically proficient, it is at least different.

Objectively, it may be a good IEM sound wise, it just didn't fit my preferences.

As for the fit, build, the build is nice enough but the driver flex is rather annoying. It crinkles when you push it in, crinkles when you fiddle with the fit, because the stem is short and the vent may be blocked by my ear; but I need to fit deeper because it feels difficult to get a seal. Additionally the cable has a rather extreme earhook, I blasted it with a hair dryer to try to soften the curve. The IEM is quite small though.

To summarize, the Ola is a boring neutral IEM that lacks sub bass, may be slightly honky, and is surprisingly technical. Fit is finicky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back