Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,366 of 1,514
Any tips recomendations for Oxygen ?? Trying Final type E and Sony hybrid but they kill the treble

Off the top of my heard: AZLA SednaEarFit (wide/overall neutral and good stage ime), Radius Mount Deep (narrow/excellent bass and especially treble resolution), Acoustune AET07 (medium bore/neutral tonality), Tanchjim T-APB (narrow and bore, the wide one is perfect for my taste with Oxygen). Pretty hard to go wrong with those but might someone can recommend more options.

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,367 of 1,514
Hey guys! Here is my review of Tanchjim Prism feat. comparisons with Oxygen and some IEMs from Moondrop. I had quite the fun time taking it through its paces with my music library, especially when comparing it to other Harman Target tuned IEMs. Even though they might seem like similarly tuned IEMs from afar, they all present music in their own unique way and sound fairly different, even more if you focus on other details besides tonality like soundstage space, imaging and separation. Have a read and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers!

Tanchjim Prism Featured Image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #1,368 of 1,514
Off the top of my heard: AZLA SednaEarFit (wide/overall neutral and good stage ime), Radius Mount Deep (narrow/excellent bass and especially treble resolution), Acoustune AET07 (medium bore/neutral tonality), Tanchjim T-APB (narrow and bore, the wide one is perfect for my taste with Oxygen). Pretty hard to go wrong with those but might someone can recommend more options.
Wanna try Tanchjim Tips but i find the different diameter for 1 package i.e M size have 12mm for bass and 11mm for treble.
Do i must to buy 2 package like M and L??

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #1,369 of 1,514
Good review @Animagus. I remember reading your review when i bought O2, looks like prism is a step above.

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #1,370 of 1,514
Good review @Animagus. I remember reading your review when i bought O2, looks like prism is a step above.
Hey! Tonality wise, it'll depend on your preferences - how forward an upper-midrange and bass boost you like. Prism follows the Harman target more closely than Oxygen and so has a slightly bigger bass boost and forward upper-midrange than Oxygen. Technical performance and fit wise, I personally like Prism much more. It has stronger instrument definition and a more open soundstage with solid imaging.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #1,371 of 1,514
Dec 17, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,373 of 1,514
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #1,374 of 1,514
Feb 4, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #1,375 of 1,514
Before I decide on Olina, does anyone find the Oxygen uneven in the upper treble due to that spike? I assume the other treble peaks make it less noticeable but I'm worried it'll sound a bit hollow and negatively effect imaging.

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #1,376 of 1,514
Before I decide on Olina, does anyone find the Oxygen uneven in the upper treble due to that spike? I assume the other treble peaks make it less noticeable but I'm worried it'll sound a bit hollow and negatively effect imaging.

Tanchjim Oxygen.jpg

Graph of the Oxygen via a IEC711 compliant coupler. 8/9 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak.

The Oxygen is actually a very technical single DD midFI set. It won't beat some midFI multi BA/hybrid sets in technicalities (micro-details, imaging, clarity, instrument separation), but it does beat most of the other midFI single DD types in this department (eg BQEYZ Autumn, Moondrop KATO). The Oxygen is my current daily driver cause of the good mix of tonality, timbre and technicalities.

The Oxygen can be bright on some tracks at the upper midrange/lower treble, but this can be mitigated to some extent via eartips (eg foams, Final E black tips etc) or via a warmer source. Note weight is a little bit on the lighter side but this aids transients.

Measurements above 10 kHz are not too accurate, but the Oxygen is one of the rarer single DDs to have good upper treble extension (which is usually an area of weakness for single DD sets).

I know the Tripowin Olina is on a massive hype-train on Facebook and social media, purportedly it graphs similarly and uses the same driver as the Oxygen. Well the same driver claim needs to be verified independently, but even if so, the housing and resonances are different between the 2 IEMs (probably the damping too), which can affect the sound. Even if 2 graphs look the same, graphs don't tell the full story. There are some components such as timbral accuracy, imaging, micro-details, instrument separation that cannot be gleaned from a standard FR graph.

Case in point: KZ ZSN Pro X and the TOTL Final Audio A8000 graph similarly but sound miles apart.
fcdaf979-6f03-42ab-9a07-7c9f55e6c0e9.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #1,377 of 1,514
Tanchjim Oxygen.jpg
Graph of the Oxygen via a IEC711 compliant coupler. 8/9 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak.

The Oxygen is actually a very technical single DD midFI set. It won't beat some midFI multi BA/hybrid sets in technicalities (micro-details, imaging, clarity, instrument separation), but it does beat most of the other midFI single DD types in this department (eg BQEYZ Autumn, Moondrop KATO). The Oxygen is my current daily driver cause of the good mix of tonality, timbre and technicalities.

The Oxygen can be bright on some tracks at the upper midrange/lower treble, but this can be mitigated to some extent via eartips (eg foams, Final E black tips etc) or via a warmer source. Note weight is a little bit on the lighter side but this aids transients.

Measurements above 10 kHz are not too accurate, but the Oxygen is one of the rarer single DDs to have good upper treble extension (which is usually an area of weakness for single DD sets).

I know the Tripowin Olina is on a massive hype-train on Facebook and social media, purportedly it graphs similarly and uses the same driver as the Oxygen. Well the same driver claim needs to be verified independently, but even if so, the housing and resonances are different between the 2 IEMs (probably the damping too), which can affect the sound. Even if 2 graphs look the same, graphs don't tell the full story. There are some components such as timbral accuracy, imaging, micro-details, instrument separation that cannot be gleaned from a standard FR graph.

Case in point: KZ ZSN Pro X and the TOTL Final Audio A8000 graph similarly but sound miles apart.
fcdaf979-6f03-42ab-9a07-7c9f55e6c0e9.jpeg
Those two are also miles apart and then some in price, I would hope they sound different. I appreciate the feedback, though I'm not worried about the upper mids/low treble, just that massive peak after the dip.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #1,378 of 1,514
Those two are also miles apart and then some in price, I would hope they sound different. I appreciate the feedback, though I'm not worried about the upper mids/low treble, just that massive peak after the dip.

If u are talking about the upper treble peak above 10 kHz, measurements above 10 kHz aren't accurate. I guess that area is more for air and harmonics/resonances. Some folks can't even hear that high up anyways and some tracks may not have musically relevant stuff at that frequency range.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #1,379 of 1,514
If u are talking about the upper treble peak above 10 kHz, measurements above 10 kHz aren't accurate. I guess that area is more for air and harmonics/resonances. Some folks can't even hear that high up anyways and some tracks may not have musically relevant stuff at that frequency range.
I think having presence beyond 10k is necessary to really capture the emotion in female vocals and grab more ambience in electronic music, etc. Heavy drops after 10k just make the whole treble region sound splashy and dead in my opinion. You're right that it may be an artifact in the Oxygen's measurements though, I'd have to hear it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back