Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #1,336 of 1,514
Hello. How is Tanya compared to MH755 and BL03? Is it worth getting if I already owned Cora? Since my MH755 and BL03 already broke, I'm planning to get another one and I'm considering Tanya.

Tanya versus BLON BL03:
Both sets sound a tinge analoguish and scale with amping, though the Tanchjim Tanya is harder to drive. Both sets also have subpar isolation and share a similar tonality and timbre. Perhaps the BLON BL-03’s midbass is a tinge more bloated.

I think the Tanchjim Tanya edges it in the timbral accuracy and technicalities department. The BLON BL-03, even though it has detachable cables (unlike Tanya), has a notoriously bad fit due to the too short nozzles. Hence, most people need to do spacer mods or use aftermarket eartips/cables to secure a better fit.

Thus, the BLON BL-03 may be closer to $40 – 50 USD if aftermarket tips/cables are factored in, whereas the Tanchjim Tanya is ready to go OOTB, no need to mess around or spend more on aftermarket gear for it. As such, I see the Tanchjim Tanya as a marginal upgrade and a better set in terms of investment.

Tanya versus Sony MH755:
The fabled Sony MH755 is also another harmanish set with a bullet shaped design. The Sony MH755 really has quite good timbre and tonality, but the Tanchjim Tanya beats it in these departments. The Sony MH755 can be shouty at higher volumes (Fletcher Munson curve) at the upper mids. Isolation and technicalities are also better on the Tanchjim Tanya.

Both sets have non detachable cables, but the Sony MH755’s cable is very short and J shaped, with markedly bad microphonics. One can’t go too far away from the source due to the short length (without using a cable extender), unlike the longer cable on the Tanchjim Tanya.

The Sony MH755 is also very hard to find in the wild nowadays, with a lot of shops selling counterfeit sets, so getting your paws on a legit Sony MH755 is an arduous task now.

So, I see the Tanchjim Tanya as an upgrade over the Sony MH755, although it is more expensive.

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #1,337 of 1,514
Tanya versus BLON BL03:
Both sets sound a tinge analoguish and scale with amping, though the Tanchjim Tanya is harder to drive. Both sets also have subpar isolation and share a similar tonality and timbre. Perhaps the BLON BL-03’s midbass is a tinge more bloated.

I think the Tanchjim Tanya edges it in the timbral accuracy and technicalities department. The BLON BL-03, even though it has detachable cables (unlike Tanya), has a notoriously bad fit due to the too short nozzles. Hence, most people need to do spacer mods or use aftermarket eartips/cables to secure a better fit.

Thus, the BLON BL-03 may be closer to $40 – 50 USD if aftermarket tips/cables are factored in, whereas the Tanchjim Tanya is ready to go OOTB, no need to mess around or spend more on aftermarket gear for it. As such, I see the Tanchjim Tanya as a marginal upgrade and a better set in terms of investment.

Tanya versus Sony MH755:
The fabled Sony MH755 is also another harmanish set with a bullet shaped design. The Sony MH755 really has quite good timbre and tonality, but the Tanchjim Tanya beats it in these departments. The Sony MH755 can be shouty at higher volumes (Fletcher Munson curve) at the upper mids. Isolation and technicalities are also better on the Tanchjim Tanya.

Both sets have non detachable cables, but the Sony MH755’s cable is very short and J shaped, with markedly bad microphonics. One can’t go too far away from the source due to the short length (without using a cable extender), unlike the longer cable on the Tanchjim Tanya.

The Sony MH755 is also very hard to find in the wild nowadays, with a lot of shops selling counterfeit sets, so getting your paws on a legit Sony MH755 is an arduous task now.

So, I see the Tanchjim Tanya as an upgrade over the Sony MH755, although it is more expensive.
Thank you so much. Any ideas compared to Tanchjim Cora?

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #1,338 of 1,514
Thank you so much. Any ideas compared to Tanchjim Cora?

Sorry never tried the Cora before. Gave it a miss cause of the non detachable cables.

Just a personal belief of mine not to buy IEMs > $50 USD with non detachable cables. Been burned a few times by the cable dying and making the IEM a white elephant. Plus some of us wanna use balanced aftermarket cables or BT adapters with detachable IEMs.

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #1,339 of 1,514
Sorry never tried the Cora before. Gave it a miss cause of the non detachable cables.

Just a personal belief of mine not to buy IEMs > $50 USD with non detachable cables. Been burned a few times by the cable dying and making the IEM a white elephant. Plus some of us wanna use balanced aftermarket cables or BT adapters with detachable IEMs.
I understand. I think I'm buying Tanya. Thanks for the help!

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #1,340 of 1,514
I understand. I think I'm buying Tanya. Thanks for the help!

U need an amp with the Tanya, otherwise they sound meh from lower powered sources. The Tanya are a smooth and non fatiguing set with good timbre, but perhaps not the best technicalities.

The Tanya are a strange one as such, since they are a $20 USD IEM, but require a way more expensive source to unlock the sonic potential. Kinda putting the cart before the horse. But I still use my Tanya weekly for chill listening, to just enjoy music.

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #1,341 of 1,514
Thanks for the heads up. I'm using LG V30 with some generic amp but it works though. I'm using it mostly for Cora and SRH440, I guess Tanchjims are really hard to drive. Yes my experience with Cora, I agree that they are smooth and not fatiguing, they really good for sleeping.

Oct 3, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #1,342 of 1,514
I buy Tanya because its a fun set and has good and decent detail and resolution. Plenty of bass warmth. Excellent fit and easy to deal with. It's easily my low cost set recommendation. Blows the 755 and 03 out for me.

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,343 of 1,514

if i had T-force Yuan Li final ver. Want upgrade micro details in treble area, and more airy and sparkle, which is better Hana 2021 or Kato?​

which is better 3d imaging presentation and holographic effect, Hana 2021 or Kato?​

Oct 6, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,344 of 1,514

if i had T-force Yuan Li final ver. Want upgrade micro details in treble area, and more airy and sparkle, which is better Hana 2021 or Kato?​

which is better 3d imaging presentation and holographic effect, Hana 2021 or Kato?​

You will need to wait until the Kato arrives in people’s hands. There might be a couple reviewers that have them both.

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #1,345 of 1,514
I buy Tanya because its a fun set and has good and decent detail and resolution. Plenty of bass warmth. Excellent fit and easy to deal with. It's easily my low cost set recommendation. Blows the 755 and 03 out for me.
Agree, such a fun set that just disappears in the ear and I can forget it's even in there and just listen to what comes out. I also removed the filter because it didn't provide any benefit for me, and now it's less veiled with some added treble energy. The bass response tightened up somewhat as well.

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #1,347 of 1,514
Yeah Tanya is a no brainer, and my first Tanchjim. Just got it and right now it's only plugged in directly to my Mac but believe me, she's thirsty for power. Better timbre than the 755 and airier due to the open back design, though the graph also shows it extending better after the mid treble dip. 03 has less natural sounding bass and it's mid treble peak kinda killed it for me.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,348 of 1,514
Interesting design in creating the Prism

https://shenzhenaudio.com/collectio...gship-iem-2ba-1dd-hybrid-hifi-in-ear-earphone
a1ca4df88addf6b320b53dc689352e41.jpg
61cc75a5e7caa8dee1d841eda4140245.jpg
32537029ebf07b4d17a3a01a35575aa8.jpg
8316c9d53e3c6da523ee7b299fb2eae6.jpg
e7587e34de87ea4af57b23fd3dadaf99.jpg
62e93d70d4c183571630bc27d3452266.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back