Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #541 of 1,514
Hey thats me. I far prefer an open sounding iem with warm DD bass than OCD detail. It sounds more realistic to me. Having said that, I KNOW other folks have different tastes and mine will not match up with plenty.

I prioritize open sound, warmth, spacious 3d stage and bold rich mids over OCD treble detail. Maybe that helps understand my taste.

Thanks for the shoutout!

Thats what I am expecting from Tanchjim too. I prioritize timbre, tonality, spacious and detailed bass without being overpowering. Technically, imaging and depth should be strong point too. Hope I’m not asking too much from Oxygen !

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #543 of 1,514
Nope that sounds exactly like the Oxygen!!
Now you’re making it sound soooo tempting, but I already have a bunch of single DD IEMs, and I do like many of them quite a lot.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #544 of 1,514
I contacted Apos Audio in Berkeley, CA, about delivery of a black oxygen and was told it is no longer made. This maybe is old news, but just in case ...

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #545 of 1,514
I contacted Apos Audio in Berkeley, CA, about delivery of a black oxygen and was told it is no longer made. This maybe is old news, but just in case ...
BOOOOOO!

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #547 of 1,514
I just purchased the Black Oxygen from @darmanastartes, so I’m excited to receive it. I tend to prefer DD IEMs, so I will add this to my A8000 and HA-FW01 DD models.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #548 of 1,514
I just purchased the Black Oxygen from @darmanastartes, so I’m excited to receive it. I tend to prefer DD IEMs, so I will add this to my A8000 and HA-FW01 DD models.
I used a black one as well, and I preferred the black color. I want to say, I like the design, the housing shape of the O2, and would be much better for me if more designs follow suit, but with deep insertion nozzles like the Kanas Pro. I don't know if it the caveat of the smaller housing size is less air movement. No idea.

Apr 18, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #549 of 1,514
I used a black one as well, and I preferred the black color. I want to say, I like the design, the housing shape of the O2, and would be much better for me if more designs follow suit, but with deep insertion nozzles like the Kanas Pro. I don't know if it the caveat of the smaller housing size is less air movement. No idea.

I did some research and the constant criticism is the short nozzle, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I’m going to use my favorite tips—final E series—so hopefully I can get a good seal. I also have some JVC spiral dots with a wider bore, so we’ll see which works and sounds the best.

Apr 18, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #550 of 1,514
I did some research and the constant criticism is the short nozzle, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I’m going to use my favorite tips—final E series—so hopefully I can get a good seal. I also have some JVC spiral dots with a wider bore, so we’ll see which works and sounds the best.
One thing I forgot to mention. I hated the stock tips, were too small for me, I tend to go large size. I think the Spiral Dots were the ones I went with. It's either Spiral Dots or Final E series for me these days for me as well.

I found the fit better than Andromeda V1. Looking back, the Andromeda V1 was pretty shallow.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #552 of 1,514
Yeah, I really like the Final E tips. They have a rigid core so they can work well in effectively extending some nozzles, like with the BLON BL03.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #553 of 1,514
Yeah, I really like the Final E tips. They have a rigid core so they can work well in effectively extending some nozzles, like with the BLON BL03.

Since you brought up BL03, eventhough out of topic and may sound idiotic, do you think side by side comparison with Oxygen makes BL03 sounds decent and not that far off from Oxygen like some other reviewers claim? I’m just curious if that ever the case which I myself highly doubt given the reputation Oxygen gained. But, hey its me being curious. :thinking::relieved:

Edit: Nevermind, with no reply, I take it as the question was rather ridiculous and the reviewer that I read about Blon not that far from Oxygen and can be EQ’d to perform very similar to Oxygen as load of bull

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #554 of 1,514
I'm about to join the Oxygen owners club. I've been thinking about making an all BA mid tier purchase, even though I prefer DDs, because I'm specifically seeking out something that offers rich mids and good sound stage depth, and it seemed like all BA sets from Fearless or similarly priced companies were my best bet. After catching up on this thread, the Oxygen seems like it's got a bit of a cult following for those reasons, even a year after the original hype, while still filling my preference of being a DD set. I got a pretty good deal on a used black pair that seems to be in perfect condition.

It should be in my hands in the upcoming week, looking forward to it!

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #555 of 1,514
Oxygen sounds great with symbio W peel tips, you guys should try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back