Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #571 of 1,514
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #572 of 1,514
Hmmmmmm

You ain't a man of culture(its a meme... Dont take it by heart)
And nobody cares if there is an anime girl on your set or not.

In looks, it is not some vibrant colour but more utilitarian design.. Which kinda matches the design

And sir..... Anime main cash cow is america and then comes Japan as second..

So, it may be turn off for a grown man like you(no offence). But a modern day guy would love to have these.

And Sir, saying a form of art stupid is not a great perspective..

There are many anime which are better than many Netflix series.

Even Leonardo di caprio Inception was inspired by anime called paprika
Paprika was a great anime, and there's a lot out there, but mainly older stuff. Anime used to have a lot of varieties and styles. Akira, GITS, Slak Dunk, DBZ

But, the modern stuff turned into cutsey anime girls, and not into that. I'm not into that art although the arkwork skills looks great, but it looks too repititive or overdone. I'm oldschool I guess.

I'd take Hanamichi Sakuragi Slam Dunk art through.

So, best thing is to give people options as not everyone wants cutsey anime girl as the art work.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #577 of 1,514
hello , Just want to ask something here , Are the Oxygen still worth the price in 2020 ? and how do they compare to Thieaudio L3 ?
What do you think? You think the pricing seems worth it? I found the pricing higher than it should be given all the other Chifi dynamic driver offerings out there. There certainly are better values. Presentation looks nice with the housing. Looks polished.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #578 of 1,514
I really would love to listen to these IEMs. It seems like their allure transcends their specs, tuning, technicalities, thus making it subjectively well worth it to a lot of people.

May 21, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #579 of 1,514
What do you think? You think the pricing seems worth it? I found the pricing higher than it should be given all the other Chifi dynamic driver offerings out there. There certainly are better values. Presentation looks nice with the housing. Looks polished.

What cable have you tried it with? I tried swap with my other not too expensive cable and its really really worth the price. Stock cable to me pull back their performance by 1-2 tiers below. Tanchjim seems like shortchanging the cable part which TBH, sabotaging the overall value of Oxygen. IMHO

May 21, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #580 of 1,514
What cable have you tried it with? I tried swap with my other not too expensive cable and its really really worth the price. Stock cable to me pull back their performance by 1-2 tiers below. Tanchjim seems like shortchanging the cable part which TBH, sabotaging the overall value of Oxygen. IMHO
This seems to be a very common sentiment. I would like to listen to them with a silver cable. I wonder what that would sound like. My current best single DD IEM is the JVC FDX1, but using a silver cable with that seems to make the upper mids/treble too prominent. Reportedly, the treble on the O2 is much smoother and more relaxed.

May 21, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #581 of 1,514
I purchased the Oxygen from a fellow Head-fier and really liked the sound. I ended up giving it to a friend for a favor granted, but I’m thinking about buying them again.

May 21, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #582 of 1,514
This seems to be a very common sentiment. I would like to listen to them with a silver cable. I wonder what that would sound like. My current best single DD IEM is the JVC FDX1, but using a silver cable with that seems to make the upper mids/treble too prominent. Reportedly, the treble on the O2 is much smoother and more relaxed.

My other cable than stock is SPC cable which is famously regarded as bright cable. It does provide relatively smoother treble without being dark. It adds more airy imaging and soundstage instead of extravagant sparkles. Upper mids has similar response as in stock which is quite uplifted and some track with heavy vocals/close mic’d tends to sound a bit shouty. I am planning to pair it with **** OCC copper to in a hope of curing that particular part.

JVC FDX1 is also very good performance wise dynamic driver. Both of these IEMs usually make me question whether they are only single dynamic or there are added BA driver due to very sharp imaging and details attack.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #583 of 1,514
I'm thinking for a Single DD the price is a bit expensive but from review i read and watch they seem to say that the price is well worth it , I'm interested because of this reviewer that review is recent, And i might Pick this or go a bit higher for Blessing 2 , BUT I'm curious about this set really.

May 21, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #584 of 1,514
I'm thinking for a Single DD the price is a bit expensive but from review i read and watch they seem to say that the price is well worth it , I'm interested because of this reviewer that review is recent, And i might Pick this or go a bit higher for Blessing 2 , BUT I'm curious about this set really.
Well, there has been single DD that the price were way more excessive and tonality was pretty bad considering their price. I think when Chifi companies like Ikko, Tanchjim, and Moondrop came along, it changed all this. There were a lot of Chifi iems out there, and it was overwhelming, but I think the better quality controls started coming about they proved to us with measurement evidences. This certainly helped to filter out a lot of the products. It's going in the right direction IMO. We need companies to show that they can stand above the rest with proof.

Quality per price has gotten better reasonable, and O2 would seem relatively on the expensive side due to the current situations with many options out there.

I'm one of those types that don't have the time or patience to dig through this week's Nichck or KZ doze releases to find out which sound good. Their reputation isn't so great to me due to their practices. What I've experienced with their past products cause interest or disinterests in their future products.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #585 of 1,514
I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment that since there are other Chinese DD offerings that are cheaper, this one isn't worth the price. Are the Fearless S8 models not worth it just because CCA/KZ type companies can crank out an 8 BA model?

When the Oxygen was released there were people comparing it to Moondrop KPE and some people decided that there was no sense in buying Oxygen because it was $100 more.i have both and imo the Oxygen is worth the premium price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back