Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #526 of 1,514
20200404_235359.jpg
Oxygen with Lyre Acoustic Iris​

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #527 of 1,514
I find it interesting how some people really notice a difference in sound with reversing the polarity of the cables, while others notice no difference at all. I would think that the should shouldn’t change, so long as the right and left cables are hooked up the same way, just like speakers.....or ami completely misunderstanding things?

Also, has anyone done a comparison of the Tanchjim Oxygen to the TinT4, or the Drop JVC FDX1 for that matter?
Yes, shotgunshane favours the JVC over the Oxygen.

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #528 of 1,514
fyi, oxygen is reverse polarity

C17010E7-3A85-4E36-80D8-01FD0D93EE22.jpeg
Greetings irv003: Are the qdc iems also "reverse" polarity? (Neptune, Uranus, etc...) Was contemplating the purchase of the Neptune, but then thinking it was going to somewhat difficult to find an upgraded or even an extra cable for it. QDC' cables purchased direct are not only moderately priced but shipping is $120/...Yeah, I'm new at this that is why I'm so easily confused...Thx for any insight in cabling for the Neptunes.
Cheers

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #529 of 1,514
I think it is Oxygen MK ll global version ,
FB_IMG_1570767975337.jpg
FB_IMG_1570767975337.jpg FB_IMG_1570767981903.jpg FB_IMG_1570767987792.jpg FB_IMG_1570767992995.jpg
I just saw it on aliexpress listed as "TANCHJIM Oxygen Asano TANCH™ Limited Edition" $499US, as of 4/6 00:45 hours, only 7 left on a Limited run of 500...Love to grab these, but can't $$$...

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #530 of 1,514
I’m deciding to take the plunge on Oxygen soon. However, my concern is the fit. What if I say Blon BL03 which also has short nozzle like Oxygen doesnt give me a big problem. Is it enough to be safe for blind buy?

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #532 of 1,514
I find it interesting how some people really notice a difference in sound with reversing the polarity of the cables, while others notice no difference at all. I would think that the should shouldn’t change, so long as the right and left cables are hooked up the same way, just like speakers.....or ami completely misunderstanding things?

Also, has anyone done a comparison of the Tanchjim Oxygen to the TinT4, or the Drop JVC FDX1 for that matter?
I have the T4 and the Oxygen. They arn't even in the same ballbark. O2 is far FAR better in every way (to me).

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #533 of 1,514

Oxygen is better balanced, but not all that dynamic in response than the FDX1. FDX1 is more technical, but I find vocals doesn't sound all that good, but perform better with non-vocal, electronic stuff since it has a crispy, and snappy response (if you use the stock filter, but other filters are a different story). I find 4-5k too sharp to my liking on the FDX1, but personally, I would go with the FDX1 if the prices were the same. I'm fine with my Moondrop Kanas Pro, so I don't need the others. It meets all the requirements I need at the better price point. I have way better full-sized equipment, so I don't fret over iems.

Dynamics was the big issue I had with O2. Perhaps it doesn't move so much air due to the small housing? Housing is actually smaller in person than it appears in the images. This can be a blessing, but some people dislike the short nozzle. I personally didn't have issue with the nozzle, but some people do. I do like the fit since it's so small and way it's shape (it has a good fitting housing shape). Build quality also looks good with it's compact design and the metal housing finish. It looks better than most out there in terms of design. I would give props to the presentation, but not so competitive in Chifi pricing.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #534 of 1,514
I have both and I think you will be just fine if you can fit the Blons. Just use a long'ish tip.

These IEMs... let me tell you what. Shattered my idea of what a DD can or can't do. BEST EVER!

Thanks for the response. Thats very promising for sure. What it does to ‘shatter’ your imagination regarding Oxygen compared to other single DD IEMs?

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #535 of 1,514
Oxygen is better balanced, but not all that dynamic in response than the FDX1. FDX1 is more technical, but I find vocals doesn't sound all that good, but perform better with non-vocal, electronic stuff since it has a crispy, and snappy response (if you use the stock filter, but other filters are a different story). I find 4-5k too sharp to my liking on the FDX1, but personally, I would go with the FDX1 if the prices were the same. I'm fine with my Moondrop Kanas Pro, so I don't need the others. It meets all the requirements I need at the better price point. I have way better full-sized equipment, so I don't fret over iems.

Dynamics was the big issue I had with O2. Perhaps it doesn't move so much air due to the small housing? Housing is actually smaller in person than it appears in the images. This can be a blessing, but some people dislike the short nozzle. I personally didn't have issue with the nozzle, but some people do. I do like the fit since it's so small and way it's shape (it has a good fitting housing shape). Build quality also looks good with it's compact design and the metal housing finish. It looks better than most out there in terms of design. I would give props to the presentation, but not so competitive in Chifi pricing.

I have tried my brother FDX1 few months ago and pretty impressed with its sound. But my brother didnt seem to impress but he doesnt disregard it as a high performance IEM. It sounds tinny a bit with his AK320 and my source Chord Mojo. I use full stuffed nozzle(filter) with medium wide bore tip. It did help with the thin sounds abit however lost a bit on glorious localization and imaging that made my jaw dropped when I used with medium stuffed nozzle and stock tip(Spiral Dots). But the latter configuration did somehow compensate the localization/imaging and air for more warmer sounding.

Regarding dynamics, do you mean microdynamics or macrodynamic which the JVC suppose to be better than Oxygen?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #536 of 1,514
I have tried my brother FDX1 few months ago and pretty impressed with its sound. But my brother didnt seem to impress but he doesnt disregard it as a high performance IEM. It sounds tinny a bit with his AK320 and my source Chord Mojo. I use full stuffed nozzle(filter) with medium wide bore tip. It did help with the thin sounds abit however lost a bit on glorious localization and imaging that made my jaw dropped when I used with medium stuffed nozzle and stock tip(Spiral Dots). But the latter configuration did somehow compensate the localization/imaging and air for more warmth sounding.

Regarding dynamics, do you mean microdynamics or macrodynamic which the JVC suppose to be better than Oxygen?
Macro. I understand what you mean about the tonality of the FDX1. It's an easily please able tuning for those in enhanced upper ranges. Mids lacks some tonal support I find.

I recommend you avoid AKG iems. They sound tinny, and treble enhanced.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #537 of 1,514
Macro. I understand what you mean about the tonality of the FDX1. It's an easily please able tuning for those in enhanced upper ranges. Mids lacks some tonal support I find.

I recommend you avoid AKG iems. They sound tinny, and treble enhanced.

I dont have major gripe with the overall tuning. It sounds satisfying with rock/progressive genre that I have a bunch on my playlist. Guitar sounds incredibly realistic with proper decay. Its detailed and quite forward treble. Incredible height and depth perception which produce great imaging for single DD IEM. Surprisingly, we have an opposite finding with midrange in which I found both male and female vocals are quite satisfying especially female. But bass sounds quite hazy for my liking and where its fall short in my case.It didnt produce impactful bass like other higher end DD IEMs. Do you find FDX1 bass more better texturally and impactful than Oxygen?

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #538 of 1,514
Thanks for the response. Thats very promising for sure. What it does to ‘shatter’ your imagination regarding Oxygen compared to other single DD IEMs?

I think the depth and openess of the sound. Nice and 3D holographic while having excellent microdetail and imaging. I honestly like it better than most sets $500 and under. Heck even more than the S8F and S8Z from Fearless which are more than that.

Also, A/Bing with normal studio monitors (JBL) the O2 has almost no tonality change. Wow!

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #539 of 1,514
I think the depth and openess of the sound. Nice and 3D holographic while having excellent microdetail and imaging. I honestly like it better than most sets $500 and under. Heck even more than the S8F and S8Z from Fearless which are more than that.

Also, A/Bing with normal studio monitors (JBL) the O2 has almost no tonality change. Wow!

Thats what I heard too. And Micheal Bruce channel reviewed Fearless S8Z on youtube also said he preferred Oxygen to S8Z which is pretty mind blowing to me. He placed Oxygen as TSMR 4Pro in the same ballpark too. Thats remarkable if you ask me. However, it is his opinion and finding.

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #540 of 1,514
Hey thats me. I far prefer an open sounding iem with warm DD bass than OCD detail. It sounds more realistic to me. Having said that, I KNOW other folks have different tastes and mine will not match up with plenty.

I prioritize open sound, warmth, spacious 3d stage and bold rich mids over OCD treble detail. Maybe that helps understand my taste.

Thanks for the shoutout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back