Talk me out of JH16? About to pull the trigger...
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 29
TF10 with more bass....Definitely JH16.  Good choice.  It's much more holographic sound as well.

I never heard any siblance or harshness with mine.  It's very smooth.  If anything, JH13 is the harsher one because that treble is so damn revealing.  I think treble on JH16 is just about as revealing but the added bass smooths it out a little more.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 29
JH16 sounds nice, I tried the demo unit, but I would stay away from JH Audio because of there awful after service. I had (and still have) some troubles with my JH13, it's been 6 month now and still don't have proper IEMs. Several fit issues, several time they didn't do what I asked for fixing it, and balance issues now and they can't figure out what is wrong. I will ship my units for the seventh time! That's crazy.

If you like dark sound, what about the UM Merlin which sounds very nice, or some Earsonic which have quiet a reputation or the Heir audio 8a?

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 29
JH are pretty damn slow place order now you might get it may be after new year.
Been waited for my JH3A for 10-11 weeks now hope the wait is worth it.

and to dig your JH16 hole a little bit deeper lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwC7O0YvbtU

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 29
Piece of advice.

DOn't go flooding them with emails asking for status updates :wink:

I orderd the JH-3a system and I had it within 4 weeks. I think i exchanged a couple email asking about some technical informtion but that was about it.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:
Piece of advice.

DOn't go flooding them with emails asking for status updates :wink:

I orderd the JH-3a system and I had it within 4 weeks. I think i exchanged a couple email asking about some technical informtion but that was about it.

When did you order yours?
I had exchange some mail with Zac regarding artwork design then I place order via a local dealer.

to be honest I exchange mails with Craig (whiplash) and Stephen (UM) 3 or 4 times more than I did with JH boys.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #22 of 29
I am currently listening to the JH16 with FreqPhase built-in.  I am currently listening to "Simple Man"  by Shinedown.  The JH16, to my ears, is offering more of a 'textured' sound versus the original JH13 I have here.  I will try to better explain what I mean by 'textured'.  The sound has more realism or more 3D representation.  However, I hear a huge difference in the low-end comparing the two IEMs with "Simple Man".  The JH16 rumbles which makes this song difficult to listen to with both CIEM because they are offering such a different presentation.  They are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I am currently using an old 32-bit laptop with Jplay/Foobar as the player.  I wish I still had a portable amp to use.  I will add more later.  Time to do some work 
etysmile.gif

Note: The JH3A turns the JH16 into a different CIEM.  The JH16 is awesome for having FUN with your music.  The JH13 is more capable of representing all music genres and better sounding out of a DAP.  However, the JH3A squeezes everything out of a CIEM in my opinion.  Stay tuned for my thoughts on the JH3A with FreqPhase JH16.

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:
I am currently listening to the JH16 with FreqPhase built-in.  I am currently listening to "Simple Man"  by Shinedown.  The JH16, to my ears, is offering more of a 'textured' sound versus the original JH13 I have here.  I will try to better explain what I mean by 'textured'.  The sound has more realism or more 3D representation.  However, I hear a huge difference in the low-end comparing the two IEMs with "Simple Man".  The JH16 rumbles which makes this song difficult to listen to with both CIEM because they are offering such a different presentation.  They are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I am currently using an old 32-bit laptop with Jplay/Foobar as the player.  I wish I still had a portable amp to use.  I will add more later.  Time to do some work 
etysmile.gif

Note: The JH3A turns the JH16 into a different CIEM.  The JH16 is awesome for having FUN with your music.  The JH13 is more capable of representing all music genres and better sounding out of a DAP.  However, the JH3A squeezes everything out of a CIEM in my opinion.  Stay tuned for my thoughts on the JH3A with FreqPhase JH16.

This might be a side track but is the Jplay player any good.
I think it look promising but haven't tried it.
currently I'm using jriver the random freeze is kinda annoying it might be because my windows but currently no plan to reformat it and install all the ***** again.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

This might be a side track but is the Jplay player any good.
I think it look promising but haven't tried it.
currently I'm using jriver the random freeze is kinda annoying it might be because my windows but currently no plan to reformat it and install all the ***** again.

I like Jplay a lot.  I felt it worked best with a 64-bit, Windows 7 system with at least 4 GB of RAM.  Currently, I am using a 32-bit, Windows 7 system with only 2 GB of RAM for work and Jplay is not quite worth the expense if one is on a budget in my opinion.  My preference would be to allot Jplay.at least 2GB of RAM to operate.  If you would like to learn more, the Jplay forum is an awesome place to gain more knowledge.  The developers of the program are very responsive.

On a side note, I have been reading about dedicated computer builds for music listening and Fidelizer has been a hit.  You might want to check that out.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #25 of 29
tf1216,

Did you ever get a pair of freqphase for your jh-3a?  I'm curious how much of an upgrade it is.  I currently have the original jh-3a and am wondering if it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:
tf1216,

Did you ever get a pair of freqphase for your jh-3a?  I'm curious how much of an upgrade it is.  I currently have the original jh-3a and am wondering if it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks.

I do have the freqphase JH-16s with the JH3A.  I have no idea if the freqphase offers an improvement or not.  It was impossible for me to tell the difference not having the CIEMs side-by-side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back