Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 3, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #2,431 of 4,535
Got to love Amazon Prime...

upload_2019-3-3_4-30-40.png

upload_2019-3-3_4-31-2.png

upload_2019-3-3_4-31-29.png

upload_2019-3-3_4-32-3.png

upload_2019-3-3_4-32-19.png

Mar 3, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #2,434 of 4,535
Hold your horses, this may not be the bees knees I hoped it was.
The cup size has changed things I am expecting.

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #2,436 of 4,535
Mar 4, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #2,438 of 4,535
Got a pair of headphones a couple of days ago. I listened for an hour and was pleased, but began to notice that in the left earpiece the bass was playing louder than in the right one. I turned on the test bass track and the channel imbalance was clearly audible and the right earpiece had a rattling defect at bass frequencies below 80Hz. I connected my Audio-technica M40X and everything in them sounds without imbalance and without defects, clear bass sound. I was very disappointed because I liked the sound of the Pro 82 and it’s amazing how for such little money they play no worse than m40x and Shure SRH 440 with which I had a chance to compare them.
anywhere i can buy a separate right speaker for takstar and make repairs?

I may get into your story a bit late, but I found channel imbalance issues on most Audio Technica M50X, M40X and M70X I tried so far and always thought that it's related to the left cup that receive all amplification before distributing to the slave driver in the right cup.

Yesterday, I ordered the Pro 82 hopping that it won't suffer from this issue, then I just read your comment and it's getting me worries now

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #2,439 of 4,535
I came across with this writing (https://medium.com/@Xander51/hatred-in-the-audiophile-community-dbce4eff53ce )by Alex Rowe from Medium.com and i thought that this part might be good to share here.

One time, I gave the Takstar Pro 82, a great little budget headphone, a positive review. But the ardent fans of this product on Head-Fi weren’t having it, and one staunch defender of them said that among other things that I was spreading false information about their personal favorite headphone…in my incredibly positive review.

What.

You’ll notice there’s no mention of what the misinformation is, exactly, just a passive dismissal of my incorrect opinion. The passivity helps assert the apparent “right-ness” of the poster. If you speak with authority then you exude authority.

This happens in audiophile-land all the time.

My opinions didn’t fully line up with theirs even though I loved the headphone, so I was shunned.

I got a different length cable than some other people were getting and I must have “made that up” even though I measured the freaking cable(I always do), and Takstar is an OEM known for just using whatever they have on hand, but sure I’m spreading misinformation about a “perfect” product.

Also clearly cable length is the sole hallmark of quality.

This is the sort of “discussion” that happens over an $80 headphone, every minute of every day. Just imagine how it goes for the more expensive stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,445 of 4,535
So there was this one dude on YouTube what was his name? Zenos? Zanos? Zivas? (hehehe) And he was raving about these headphones and I went and ignored them due to the price and some build quality reports. Then Cooler Master just repackaged them and that caught my eye; I'm wondering if builds will be more consistent? I dunno. But here's the big question...I just read that the Pro 82 is...balanced capable. Right? So I wonder...did Cooler Master Nerf that with the 3.5mm "upgrade"? I have a headset slated to arrive today (if that Amazon driver can figure out where the heck he's going lol) and I might try to find out myself... If I can get it torn down I'll post photos here if any of you would like to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back