Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 27, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #3,721 of 4,538
I am trying to find a good deal on the V2 now. Are the ones sold by "MH Recording Music Store" V2? I saw that they used to fake ship takstar pro 82's when the stock was limited, and even sell fake GM200s. But do they actually sell the V2 now? I see the cable length is 1.6m which as we know is the best sign for V2. But considering the history of selling v0.9 and even worse, have they changed?

Does anyone else besides TakstarAudio sell the V2?

Edit: After looking at the pictures on the reviews for the ones sold by MH Recording Music Store, I saw that the cable they received was the correct kind without the metal encasing on the end that the V1/0.9 have. So at the least, the cable for them is the V2 one. Good sign.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #3,722 of 4,538
I am trying to find a good deal on the V2 now. Are the ones sold by "MH Recording Music Store" V2? I saw that they used to fake ship takstar pro 82's when the stock was limited, and even sell fake GM200s. But do they actually sell the V2 now? I see the cable length is 1.6m which as we know is the best sign for V2. But considering the history of selling v0.9 and even worse, have they changed?

Does anyone else besides TakstarAudio sell the V2?

Edit: After looking at the pictures on the reviews for the ones sold by MH Recording Music Store, I saw that the cable they received was the correct kind without the metal encasing on the end that the V1/0.9 have. So at the least, the cable for them is the V2 one. Good sign.
Stay away from "MH Recording Music Store" at all costs!

They never stopped trying to scam people - first by fake-shipping Pro 82, then shipping v0.9 (I got two of them from this store!), and selling fake GM200.
Even now they are still screwing with shipping:
1606502275486.png

1606502289100.png

Look at the dates - these are recent!

They do really bad job at packaging too:
1606502353986.png

1606502371059.png

Do not support this store, don't give your business to them - you'll just be encouraging them to continue these shady practices.

I will post new Aliexpress coupons soon to lower the price for a proper V2 from TakstarAudio to 53$.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #3,723 of 4,538
Stay away from "MH Recording Music Store" at all costs!

They never stopped trying to scam people - first by fake-shipping Pro 82, then shipping v0.9 (I got two of them from this store!), and selling fake GM200.
Even now they are still screwing with shipping:

Look at the dates - these are recent!

They do really bad job at packaging too:

Do not support this store, don't give your business to them - you'll just be encouraging them to continue these shady practices.

I will post new Aliexpress coupons soon to lower the price for a proper V2 from TakstarAudio to 53$.

Alright, I'll wait for your coupons then! Thanks for the help! :)

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,724 of 4,538
Here is the best deal on the only currently known for sure Pro 82 v2 - 53$ after applying the "7$ off 50$" Aliexpress coupon code 20KRBF7 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
This coupon was still working as of 2PM Eastern Time (US).
These are in limited supply and may run out at any time - hurry up!

1606503625347.png

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #3,725 of 4,538
Here is the best deal on the only currently known for sure Pro 82 v2 - 53$ after applying the "7$ off 50$" Aliexpress coupon code 20KRBF7 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
This coupon was still working as of 2PM Eastern Time (US).
These are in limited supply and may run out at any time - hurry up!

Damn those go fast, I must have missed it. Do you think there will be a better deal some time during December? I can return the V1/0.9 I got from amazon as late as January 31, so I'm OK in the meantime.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #3,726 of 4,538
Damn those go fast, I must have missed it.

When I say "hurry up", I mean it :jecklinsmile:

Do you think there will be a better deal some time during December? I can return the V1/0.9 I got from amazon as late as January 31, so I'm OK in the meantime.

Hard to say. Frankly, I'm not sure we'll even have the option to buy v2 for much longer. If TakstarOfficial sells a proper v1, that could mean that the factory went back to making v1 instead of v2 - which will only be available until the stock runs out...

Luckily, you can use TakstarAudio's own coupon codes instead:

New coupon codes (valid until April 30th 2021):
4$ discount for purchase of Pro 82, GM200 or FIIO BTR3K (as long as their pre-coupon price is not lower than 59$) - OEYU4DN9ST62
8$
discount for purchase of Pro 82 + FIIO BTR3K, or GM200 + FIIO BTR3K (as long as their pre-coupon combined price is not lower than 119$) - XXWDVYDNM42V
20$
discount for purchase of HF580 (as long as the pre-coupon price is not lower than 189$) - 3V6A1HOA8WIQ

These are exclusive codes, please don't share them outside Head-Fi!

Pro 82 v2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
GM200 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
HF580 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997885429.html
FIIO BTR3K - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000849710696.html

Important: It's best to use Aliexpress Standard Shipping, because the store have experienced a few situations where Pro 82/GM200 was returned by the customs when using China Post, but never Aliexpress Standard Shipping. Also, it's A LOT faster now during the pandemic, as Aliexpress has direct deals with the local post offices in many countries.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,727 of 4,538
Ok, so I am still deal hunting for this headphone. Maybe a little too long at this point. But, I am curious about Xiao Mi World Store's Takstar Pro 82. I see they used to fake ship, but besides that, they seem to have the V2 according to the latest image from their reviews. It seems they have the same number of damaged Takstar Pro 82s in their reviews as TakstarAudio. Meaning one each from what I found. So it looks like they are decent at shipping the headphones without destroying them.

They sell them for $7 less, which is not a miniscule amount, so I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with their reputation for sending bad units or other issues with them. I see a decent amount of people in this thread and reviews sometimes get faulty units with these headphones, but it is unclear to me if this is a result of the version they have, the store they bought it from, or just something that happens in general with this headphone.

I'd really rather avoid waiting maybe a month for a headphone that is faulty which I can't return without paying for shipping back. Almost makes me want to just keep these V1/0.9 from Amazon to avoid that potential outcome.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #3,728 of 4,538
Hello sir! I'm planning to purchase these. Is the Pro 82 good to pair with either the FiiO K3 or the FX Audio DAC X6? I'm tight on the budget and it's all I can afford.

Also, how do you know if its the version 1 or 2 of the headset? I'm ordering here in my country https://shopee.ph/product/255866047/7037204668

And when I contact them inquiring about the versions, these are their replies;

"The black box version is the same as the white box version, there is no difference between the two.
The black boxes are sold in China, and the white boxes are sold internationally. So if you buy it, you will receive a white box."

"The headset does not distinguish between versions. There is no version difference for the current headset. In the past, there were different versions of box packaging. Now there is no distinction between versions. Only distinguish between international and domestic box packaging."

EDIT : I contacted TakstarAudio Store to clarify and they indeed confirm that the V2 version they are selling comes with white box again. No more black box. I guess the seller in my country sells the V2 too. Since the cable length they posted on the page is 1.6m.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,731 of 4,538
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #3,732 of 4,538
Hello guys, im new, i mean "new", my account is new but its like 2 months that im reading stuff about the takstar pro 82, i will receive my brand new pair within the next days, so... i read about the synergy combo, i have a budget of 60/70 dollars so... i was planning to buy the p10 with el-d01 but my question is... the p10 is able to power headphones more
demanding like dt 990 pro for example ? Because in the future i will probably buy more headphones so i wanted to take an amp that could manage even more demanding headphones. The other option in this budget that i have seen is the fx x6 mkii, would you guys buy it? And another thing that is written in the specs of the p10 is that is better to turn it off after 2-3 hours, is that true?

Nov 29, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #3,733 of 4,538
I just bought the FIIO BTR3K from amazon here for $60 which is a great price I believe. I'm glad to be able to buy it from amazon as I'm not experienced with DAC/AMP at all, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell the difference in SQ between it and a phone/motherboard codec. I heard you say it's almost 'synergy' for these headphones, so I am eager to find out. I can just return them easily if I can't tell the difference!

I'm curious if anyone is familiar with how the Behringer UMC204HD sounds with these headphones, as I've been using that on it's own so far (the main output, not the headphone output) . I read on audioscience forums and elsewhere that the DAC it has is surprisingly good for the price, but I haven't had anything to compare it to besides my motherboard audio. It seems to be better than that to my ears, but not by so much.

Also, will the FIIO BTR3K sound as good, or at least be an improvement, with the V1/0.9 that I have currently as it would be with the V2? I might not get the V2 in time to test with the BTR3K before I can no longer return it.

EDIT: Another thing I want to add is I don't really need the Bluetooth functionality, so I'm just getting it because it's a cheap DAC/AMP that goes with these headphones. So with that in mind, would I be better off getting something like the little bear P10 and using it with my Behringer DAC?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #3,734 of 4,538
Hello guys, im new, i mean "new", my account is new but its like 2 months that im reading stuff about the takstar pro 82, i will receive my brand new pair within the next days, so...
Welcome to the club!
Please share your impressions of Pro 82, especially after you'll get the synergy combo.

i read about the synergy combo, i have a budget of 60/70 dollars so... i was planning to buy the p10 with el-d01 but my question is... the p10 is able to power headphones more
demanding like dt 990 pro for example ? Because in the future i will probably buy more headphones so i wanted to take an amp that could manage even more demanding headphones.
P10 will drive both 80 and 250Ohm versions of 990 Pro with no problem.
However, you shouldn't assume that just because 990 Pro are more demanding headphones power-wise, they are better headphones.
Pro 82 has no problem competing with the much more expensive T1 and T90:
Comparison with Fostex TH-900, Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90 (by Ahmadfaizadnan)
Comparison with Sony MDR900MA, Phillips X2, Monoprice M1060, Denon D7000, Beyerdynamic T1 (by J Mirra)

Instead of buying more headphones, you should buy the other available synergy option (if it will still be available) - Idea (DA2) + O2.
This will make Pro 82 sound very differently, it's like you'll have two TOTL headphones.

The other option in this budget that i have seen is the fx x6 mkii, would you guys buy it?
Of course, you should always go with a synergy option, when you have the opportunity.

And another thing that is written in the specs of the p10 is that is better to turn it off after 2-3 hours, is that true?Thanks :pray:
I do usually turn P10 off for 10-15 minutes every 3-4 hours. You got to let your ears rest sometimes anyway :jecklinsmile:

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #3,735 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!
Please share your impressions of Pro 82, especially after you'll get the synergy combo.

P10 will drive both 80 and 250Ohm versions of 990 Pro with no problem.
However, you shouldn't assume that just because 990 Pro are more demanding headphones power-wise, they are better headphones.
Pro 82 has no problem competing with the much more expensive T1 and T90:
Comparison with Fostex TH-900, Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90 (by Ahmadfaizadnan)
Comparison with Sony MDR900MA, Phillips X2, Monoprice M1060, Denon D7000, Beyerdynamic T1 (by J Mirra)

Instead of buying more headphones, you should buy the other available synergy option (if it will still be available) - Idea (DA2) + O2.
This will make Pro 82 sound very differently, it's like you'll have two TOTL headphones.

Of course, you should always go with a synergy option, when you have the opportunity.

I do usually turn P10 off for 10-15 minutes every 3-4 hours. You got to let your ears rest sometimes anyway :jecklinsmile:
Yes i know that hard to drive doesn't mean that the headphones are better, it was just a curiosity that i had (if the p10 would have been able to drive others headphones more demanding).
So do you think that the synergy combo(p10+el-d01) is better than the fx x6 mk II?
Does the p10 with lusya dac ( SA9023A + ES9018K2M ) would be a synergy combo?
Is there any other dac that i can accompany with the p10? Because the el-d01 is not so easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back