Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,241 of 4,577
OK, so the price of Aliexpress Standard Shipping to Ukraine had to go back up to $9.98, because Aliexpress doesn't allow to set different shipping price with or without suitcase.
However, Ellie gave out promotion codes that will more than compensate for it, and provide additional discounts for countries with free Aliexpress shipping.

When buying Pro 82 or GM200 in the TakstarAudio store, you can get a 6$ discount by using the the promo code "XBRLTX7RMT6X" when placing your order (active when total price including shipping is above 63$) or you can get a 4$ discount by using the the promo code "LKYYR3GWIAE2" when placing your order (active when total price including shipping is above 50$).
If you are interested in Takstar HF580 - you can get a 25$ discount by using the the promo code "VNW5AKFHBLIW" when placing your order.
These codes are active until October 10th 2020.
These are exclusive codes, please don't share them outside Head-Fi!

Pro 82 v2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
GM200 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
HF580 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997885429.html

Important: It's best to use Aliexpress Standard Shipping, because the store have experienced a few situations where Pro 82/GM200 was returned by the customs when using China Post, but never Aliexpress Standard Shipping. Also, it's A LOT faster now during the pandemic, as Aliexpress has direct deals with the local post offices in many countries.
Thank you, Ben! I've just ordered pro 82s using $6 promo-code :)

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,244 of 4,577
OK, so the price of Aliexpress Standard Shipping to Ukraine had to go back up to $9.98, because Aliexpress doesn't allow to set different shipping price with or without suitcase.
However, Ellie gave out promotion codes that will more than compensate for it, and provide additional discounts for countries with free Aliexpress shipping.

When buying Pro 82 or GM200 in the TakstarAudio store, you can get a 6$ discount by using the the promo code "XBRLTX7RMT6X" when placing your order (if total price including shipping is above 63$) or you can get a 4$ discount by using the the promo code "LKYYR3GWIAE2" when placing your order (if total price including shipping is above 50$).
If you are interested in Takstar HF580 - you can get a 25$ discount by using the the promo code "VNW5AKFHBLIW" when placing your order.
These codes are active until October 10th 2020.
These are exclusive codes, please don't share them outside Head-Fi!

Pro 82 v2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
GM200 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
HF580 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997885429.html

Important: It's best to use Aliexpress Standard Shipping, because the store have experienced a few situations where Pro 82/GM200 was returned by the customs when using China Post, but never Aliexpress Standard Shipping. Also, it's A LOT faster now during the pandemic, as Aliexpress has direct deals with the local post offices in many countries.
Almost $18 of shipping and the $6 off code didin't work for me.
1.png2.png

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #3,245 of 4,577
Almost $18 of shipping and the $6 off code didin't work for me.

I spoke to Ellie - turns out the item-specific coupon codes on Aliexpress are for item price only.
However you can leave the message "Head-Fi" in the order before paying it to receive these discounts from the total price including shipping!
I adjusted my original post to reflect this.
This will bring your order under 70$ - I payed over 100$ for my first Pro 82... And you'll be getting the v2!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #3,246 of 4,577
Hi,
I bought these headphones back in February this year from ammoon on amazon and I think they are absolutely brilliant, I do believe they are the older ones however the sound is better than some other cans I have returned in the past, however the treble can be quite bright at times but this does not affect anything as I still really enjoy the sound from them, my question is to ask if anybody else has an issues with the plastic squeaking on the headphones when you move the ear cup? if so is there anything you could suggest?
Another question I would like to ask is are there any ways I can buy something like the vmoda boom mic using some sort of adapter as I have a blue snowball ice and im not a big fan, its to big and picks up way to much background noise.
Thank you in advance :)

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #3,247 of 4,577
Hi,
I bought these headphones back in February this year from ammoon on amazon and I think they are absolutely brilliant, I do believe they are the older ones however the sound is better than some other cans I have returned in the past, however the treble can be quite bright at times but this does not affect anything as I still really enjoy the sound from them, my question is to ask if anybody else has an issues with the plastic squeaking on the headphones when you move the ear cup? if so is there anything you could suggest?
Welcome to the club!

I have 7 Pro 82s, haven't noticed the squeaking.

Another question I would like to ask is are there any ways I can buy something like the vmoda boom mic using some sort of adapter as I have a blue snowball ice and im not a big fan, its to big and picks up way to much background noise.
Thank you in advance :)

You can buy this micced cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html
Or you can buy GM200 - it has a very high quality mic, based on Pro 82 v2 (no treble peak!), but with added low- and sub-bass:
10343040.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
Don't forget to use the promo code "LKYYR3GWIAE2" to get a 4$ discount!

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #3,248 of 4,577
Welcome to the club!

Thanks glad to be a part of it!!

damn might have to return them then :frowning2: I was originally going to buy the pro 82s straight for ali express however I was very worried about customs charges in the uk, you got any clue?

Or you can buy GM200 - it has a very high quality mic, based on Pro 82 v2 (no treble peak!), but with added low- and sub-bass:
10343040.png

Are the gm200s as good sounding as the takstar pro 82? I like to listen to a lot of music and play games a ton too I love bass but I have been told treble is really important for gaming. If I do return my current ones what would you suggest and will they cost extra customs charge? thank you

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #3,249 of 4,577
Thanks glad to be a part of it!!

damn might have to return them then :frowning2:
Since the real v1 has sold out 2.5 years ago, it's highly likely that you have bought a v0.9 - which is v1 that failed quality assurance.
I have a couple of these, in both of them one channel is fine, and the other one is way off.
If you can return them, you probably should

I was originally going to buy the pro 82s straight for ali express however I was very worried about customs charges in the uk, you got any clue?
When placing the order, you can mention in the order message the value you want to seller to mark the package - something low enough to avoid customs.

Are the gm200s as good sounding as the takstar pro 82? I like to listen to a lot of music and play games a ton too I love bass but I have been told treble is really important for gaming. If I do return my current ones what would you suggest and will they cost extra customs charge? thank you
Yes, GM200 does sound as good as Pro 82 v2 - above 400Hz they are identical, below 400Hz GM200 has extra bass.
However, because of that extra bass GM200 loses the magic of synergy combos - that's why I personally still prefer Pro 82 v2.
Some of my friends do prefer GM200 though - it's a personal preference, I guess.

If you are planning to use the headphones for both music and games, GM200 is an easy choice - the extra bass will be very useful in the games, and the microphone is great too.

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #3,250 of 4,577
Since the real v1 has sold out 2.5 years ago, it's highly likely that you have bought a v0.9 - which is v1 that failed quality assurance.
I have a couple of these, in both of them one channel is fine, and the other one is way off.
If you can return them, you probably should

When placing the order, you can mention in the order message the value you want to seller to mark the package - something low enough to avoid customs.

Yes, GM200 does sound as good as Pro 82 v2 - above 400Hz they are identical, below 400Hz GM200 has extra bass.
However, because of that extra bass GM200 loses the magic of synergy combos - that's why I personally still prefer Pro 82 v2.
Some of my friends do prefer GM200 though - it's a personal preference, I guess.

If you are planning to use the headphones for both music and games, GM200 is an easy choice - the extra bass will be very useful in the games, and the microphone is great too.
Thank you for your reply, its a really hard choice but I can 100% return my current ones and order the ones from aliexpress however I think I will stick to the v2s if I do order them again as I like the idea of the switches on the earcups to switch bass levels I use them all the time and they just look so much cleaner!

I will be able to continue to use the blue snowball ice for now as a mic. I cant believe amazon will allow the store to sell the 0.9 version if that is the case, especially now they are creaking.

Thank you so much for the reply I will look into my options tomorrow

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #3,251 of 4,577
Welcome to the club!

10343040.png

How does the GM200 compare to the Pro 82 V2 with the bass port switch set to the middle?

I'd imagine the FR curves are similar, but how is the clarity in the bass and mids, and the overall timbre and tonal qualities?

EDIT: Never mind, found your graph plot that shows a dip in the low-mids due to the bass port change... would still be interested to see that plotted against the Pro 82 without the bass boost and the GM200 if you have the data.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #3,252 of 4,577
How does the GM200 compare to the Pro 82 V2 with the bass port switch set to the middle?

I'd imagine the FR curves are similar, but how is the clarity in the bass and mids, and the overall timbre and tonal qualities?

EDIT: Never mind, found your graph plot that shows a dip in the low-mids due to the bass port change... would still be interested to see that plotted against the Pro 82 without the bass boost and the GM200 if you have the data.

Here is GM200 vs Pro 82 v2 vs Fostex TH900MK2(1700$!!!):
10343040.png

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #3,254 of 4,577
Thank you for your reply, its a really hard choice but I can 100% return my current ones and order the ones from aliexpress however I think I will stick to the v2s if I do order them again as I like the idea of the switches on the earcups to switch bass levels I use them all the time and they just look so much cleaner!

If you are buying Pro 82 v2, you should consider the only currently available synergy combo for Pro 82 - Little Bear P10 and ELE EL-D01.
The other 2 combos are already unavailable (SMSL Idea+O2 and FIIO E6+ELE EL-D01), so this is the last chance to experience the full magic of Pro 82.
Comparison of DACs/Amps

I will be able to continue to use the blue snowball ice for now as a mic. I cant believe amazon will allow the store to sell the 0.9 version if that is the case, especially now they are creaking.

Thank you so much for the reply I will look into my options tomorrow

Amazon has no idea what the sellers are selling. Sometimes even sellers don't really know what they have...

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #3,255 of 4,577
If you are buying Pro 82 v2, you should consider the only currently available synergy combo for Pro 82 - Little Bear P10 and ELE EL-D01.
The other 2 combos are already unavailable (SMSL Idea+O2 and FIIO E6+ELE EL-D01), so this is the last chance to experience the full magic of Pro 82.
Comparison of DACs/Amps

I think I will be getting the v2 I think as they seem like they will be more flexible for me because the bass ports. And I cant afford the other things at the minute, however at the minute I am using the syba sonic amp dac which works pretty well!

Amazon has no idea what the sellers are selling. Sometimes even sellers don't really know what they have...

And thats fair enough I suppose its a shame but it is what it is I guess, thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back