Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #3,061 of 4,535
not sure how the coupon works however, it seems i do have to pay while placing the order?
see here: https://imgur.com/a/pLOtfJ0 (in the second pic i try to place an order without paying)
if i "choose" a payment method i already have to fill out the entire credit card information, but that is already paying then isnt it?
-
OK i think i got it, fill out the info, then place order and then there will be another screen which says "pay now" but instead send a normal message to the seller containing only "Head-fi" i guess :) will do it tomorrow if thats right

When placing the order using the app, you can change the payment method to "Other Payments", which will change the button from "Pay Now" to "Place Order".

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #3,063 of 4,535
actually i stayed awake a little longer to try it out, it worked well thanks! one more question, if i plug the headset in my amp i wouldnt be able to use the mic, so for those rare times when i am playing some games while voice chatting can you recommend me a cheap usb sound card/DAC i could accompany this headset with from aliexpress? looking for something similar to what the coolermaster mh752 includes

--

nvm not so important actually, i can ofc just plug it in the normal pc ports then:stuck_out_tongue: unless you have something that comes immediately to mind which is good for everyday use as well :)

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #3,065 of 4,535
thanks, that was reassuring! ill get it then and use your coupon :) i have a yamaha rx-v654 where ill plug it in, otherwise just my mobilephone a lg v20 with a ESS Sabre ES9218 Quad DAC. but to be honest im not even entireley sure what it really means :see_no_evil:

To get the best sound out of LG V20, use this trick to run it in high gain mode

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #3,066 of 4,535
actually i stayed awake a little longer to try it out, it worked well thanks! one more question, if i plug the headset in my amp i wouldnt be able to use the mic, so for those rare times when i am playing some games while voice chatting can you recommend me a cheap usb sound card/DAC i could accompany this headset with from aliexpress? looking for something similar to what the coolermaster mh752 includes

Man, I recommended some in the previous page.
The Xonar u3 is like $40usd and there are several usb mics for the same amount.

Although it was an answer for the GM200, for the 82 Pro you just need to get a signal splitter (I have one from my hyperx core). They are like $5 usd in amazon or even cheaper if you buy it from aliexpress.

I bought Samson Go Mic several years ago for $40usd and I forgot about the nuissance of getting a mic connected. The quality is of the sound is very good, but it had some serious problems for about two years (and the company wanted me to charge for getting it fix, because the 3 years warranty were only in the USA, in my country it were only 6 months). Now is "good", it got autofixed (fortunatly).
---Well, my point is for you to get an external usb mic, they may be a little bit expensive but totally worth it.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #3,067 of 4,535
Checking in to say that Aliexpress is preparing to have an "11.11 Sale" on November 11th, where a bunch of music gear is going on sale, including Takstar Pro82 and GM200 headphones:
Pro 82 will be $47.41 with free US shipping: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843865701.html
GM200 will be $60.89 also w/free shipping: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html

No idea what their Cyber Monday sales will look like at the end of the month, but these are the lowest prices I've seen in the meantime.
Happy holidays! ^‿^

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #3,070 of 4,535
Checking in to say that Aliexpress is preparing to have an "11.11 Sale" on November 11th, where a bunch of music gear is going on sale, including Takstar Pro82 and GM200 headphones:
Pro 82 will be $47.41 with free US shipping: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843865701.html
GM200 will be $60.89 also w/free shipping: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html

No idea what their Cyber Monday sales will look like at the end of the month, but these are the lowest prices I've seen in the meantime.
Happy holidays! ^‿^
Woah thanks for this :) Setting a reminder on my phone to buy on the 11th

I've been stressing about which headphones to get to replace my dead UE6000s and these GM200s sound like exactly what I'm looking for, very excited to get my hands on them.

One basic (and shallow) question: can you replace the red cable they come with with some sort of basic cable ? Or would this negatively impact the sound quality? Looking at the photos from people doing all these impressive mods I realise how stupid a question this is, but if possible I think I'd rather put a plain black cable on it

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #3,071 of 4,535
...One basic (and shallow) question: can you replace the red cable they come with with some sort of basic cable ? Or would this negatively impact the sound quality? Looking at the photos from people doing all these impressive mods I realise how stupid a question this is, but if possible I think I'd rather put a plain black cable on it

You can use this cable:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812479789.html
It will cancel GM200's microphone and use its own.

Stay away from super-thin and super-cheap cables like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948876636.html

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #3,073 of 4,535
Any good sellers for pro 82 in the states ie; Amazon or ebay? not comfortable ordering from Aliexpress

If you purchase from the official Takstar store on Aliexpress, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It will arrive in 2-3 weeks very well packaged from the elements. I have purchased 4 Takstar Pro 82 and 2 Takstar HF-580 from them and have had zero problems at all. Their customer rep Ellie is very responsive.

Seriously, while many sellers on Aliexpress may be slipshod, this isn't one of them.

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #3,074 of 4,535
If you purchase from the official Takstar store on Aliexpress, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It will arrive in 2-3 weeks very well packaged from the elements. I have purchased 4 Takstar Pro 82 and 2 Takstar HF-580 from them and have had zero problems at all. Their customer rep Ellie is very responsive.

Seriously, while many sellers on Aliexpress may be slipshod, this isn't one of them.
do you have to pay for customs, sorry never ordered from ali express

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #3,075 of 4,535
do you have to pay for customs, sorry never ordered from ali express

I did not pay any U.S. customs fees on any of my Takstar purchases. I don't know whether that has changed in the last 1-2 months since I purchased though. I'll let others chime in on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back