Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 29, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #2,492 of 4,538
Let me quote myself:

The big advantage of Idea is that you can get your hands on O2 later, and still get great sound now.
Hi Benf, sorry to bother you again. Just want to know, is there any amp you would recomend over the O2, or that comes at least close to it that is available in aliexpress? Would be great to take advantage of the anniversary sales. Maybe something like topping a30, nx3s, or another.

Also, how can you compare the sinergy combo to topping nx4 dsd, topping mx3, fiio k3, a30/d30 stack and others?

One last info: i saw in audiosciencereview that the Sabaj Da3 has output impedance of 1.8 ohms instead of the 10 ohms that some people said. That would be better for pro 82 right?

I already bought the idea but the infos would be really helpful for future upgrades/changes. Thank you in advance!

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2,493 of 4,538
Hi Benf, sorry to bother you again. Just want to know, is there any amp you would recomend over the O2, or that comes at least close to it that is available in aliexpress? Would be great to take advantage of the anniversary sales. Maybe something like topping a30, nx3s, or another.
The closest thing to Idea+O2 is Idea alone.

You can build another synergy combo with EL-D01 and Little Bear P10: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-141#post-14373423
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...UND-Audio-CARD-PCM2704-BOARD/32846934366.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...lifier-Stereo-Pre-Amp-Little/32882901310.html

Also, how can you compare the sinergy combo to topping nx4 dsd, topping mx3, fiio k3, a30/d30 stack and others?
Topping N4 DSD doesn't sound great with Pro 82, haven't heard the others.

One last info: i saw in audiosciencereview that the Sabaj Da3 has output impedance of 1.8 ohms instead of the 10 ohms that some people said. That would be better for pro 82 right?

I already bought the idea but the infos would be really helpful for future upgrades/changes. Thank you in advance!
The bass bloom in DA3 is characteristic for a high output impedance.
SMSL IQ would be a better DAC/Amp.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #2,494 of 4,538

@BenF isn't the monoprice liquid spark and the JDS Atom the best amps around for 100$ right now?

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #2,496 of 4,538
Haven't heard them, so can't comment.
Synergy is unpredictable - you can't measure it.
Point made! @Slazyel I recommend checking out the liquid spark graphs (I think they are slightly warmer) or the JDS Atom (very transparent amp). But if they don't match your taste than go with the O2+idea combo. All depends on your tastes.

Mar 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,497 of 4,538
So I know that "a few days" has turned into a week on that review. Of course things go haywire when I make promises thanks to delays on the pads, life issues, and the biggest delay of them all...my MH752 headset got wrecked!

The right channel gave out. Since I bought them through Amazon I thought I’d just get a replacement but then I thought…you know, why not see how the headset is built? So I chose to tear it down. All of it.

IMG_4888.JPG

While messing around and removing several screws I took a look at the solder joints and I didn’t see anything that was suspicious. Just for science I plugged the headset in again and put the headband to its shortest state. Audio on both channels again? Yup, it had to be that cable that strings across the headband.

Unfortunately all I had was this small speaker cable to wire the headset, and it’s probably three times the thickness of the very thin cable that’s routed through the headband. I had to scrape and cut my way through the parts to get the speaker cable through but eventually I did.

IMG_4877.JPG IMG_4878.JPG IMG_4892.JPG IMG_4886.JPG IMG_4894.JPG

Solder job complete, the headphone is back in action. The warranty and return be dammed at this point. And not like anyone would want to handle this return; this headset has blood on it. No really…

IMG_4891.JPG

I feel like I got a slight boost to the treble after installing the wire. I’d measure both if I had the means to do so.

So full review is on its way. If you think this post was long wait until you get a load of the metric load of text Imma gonna dump on you next post!

Mar 31, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #2,499 of 4,538
I've just bought Idea for 60$ on aliexpress sale, want to compare with ES100.
Idea for 60$ and Pro 82 v2 for 46$ are definitely the steals of this sale - 106$ for this combo is bargain of the year so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back