Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #2,221 of 4,572
Welcome to the club!

FIIO A1 is too different sounding, it's not a replacement for E6.
Little Bear P10 is the best replacement for E6 - sounds great with EL-D01.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-141#post-14373423
It's a bit over budget at 64$, and EL-D01 is another 12-13$, so you may want to consider SMSL Idea instead in this price range.
It can be had for 78$ - just write "Head-fi" in the order message after placing the order and wait for the price to be adjusted.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SMS...OS-SABRE9018Q2C-DSD512-32Bit/32809153098.html
In the future, you'll be able to add the O2 amp to Idea, but in the meantime it will serve you just fine as a DAC/amp.

Thanks for the help
Unfortunately, I use Linux and from this comment: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/smsl-idea-portable-dac-amp.851110/page-30#post-14428768 it does not work well
I know that EL-D01 is working with Linux and might go with the P10
If someone have another (cheaper) combo that works well under Linux, I would love to hear about it

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,222 of 4,572
Thanks for the help
Unfortunately, I use Linux and from this comment: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/smsl-idea-portable-dac-amp.851110/page-30#post-14428768 it does not work well
If someone have another (cheaper) combo that works well under Linux, I would love to hear about it

Doubt it's a real issue, he probably forgot to switch the default output to Idea. Linux seems to work fine for other users:
upload_2018-9-10_23-26-3.png

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,223 of 4,572
SMSL iDEA works here on Manjaro OS.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #2,224 of 4,572
Thanks for the help
I was the one that made the comment, and allow me to clarify that. Like with any android phone, it's the whole issue with proper detection. I can just restart linux once, and it then works properly (I'll add this to the other post).

You start linux first, it has the boot sound, but it doesn't get detected properly. Once I restart, and since it had the boot sound before, it will now properly recognize the Idea, and it now works properly. But be reminded that my Idea has the issue with android detection, and android is linux-based, so this was expected. And I do this, because I'm too lazy to start a video, disconnect the Idea and then reconnect, all this in the back of my PC. The only working USB port in the front of my case is busy with a steam controller, so it can't be used for that (plus, I really don't like the thought of having the cables going around and being messy, they are already bad as they are...).

As long as it gets detected, it works wonders. You just need to get it detected.

@BenF I saw the P10, and they have quite a number of warnings about using it over 3h, have you experimented with it? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,225 of 4,572
I don't know which Linux distro you're using but iDEA works out of the box with Manjaro without any fiddling with drivers and whatnot.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,227 of 4,572
@BenF I saw the P10, and they have quite a number of warnings about using it over 3h, have you experimented with it? Any thoughts?
Just ran it for 5 hours as a pre-amp for my new electrostatic setup, no problem. I think they know the radiator is too small for this tube, and are trying to prolong it's life span by reducing exposure to heat.

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #2,228 of 4,572
I don't know which Linux distro you're using but iDEA works out of the box with Manjaro without any fiddling with drivers and whatnot.

Linux Mint, it's an Ubuntu-based distro. Mine works out of the box too, it just has the same issue with android phones. No drivers exist for linux anyway :p Does your idea work directly on an android, without fiddling?

Just ran it for 5 hours as a pre-amp for my new electrostatic setup, no problem. I think they know the radiator is too small for this tube, and are trying to prolong it's life span by reducing exposure to heat.

So in essence, it's the same principle as a capacitor, exposure to heat drastically reduces its lifespan. I'll have to see if there's any information regarding tube lifespan and heat (for caps, there is a proper function to calculate average lifespan, hoping to have the same for a tube). Also, do you think that modding the cooling is possible, or worth it?

Sep 18, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #2,232 of 4,572
So in essence, it's the same principle as a capacitor, exposure to heat drastically reduces its lifespan. I'll have to see if there's any information regarding tube lifespan and heat (for caps, there is a proper function to calculate average lifespan, hoping to have the same for a tube).
Don't know if there is a formula.

... Also, do you think that modding the cooling is possible, or worth it?
Could be as simple as using a small USB fan to cool it down.

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #2,233 of 4,572
Got the Pro 82 before I read this thread. it's the v1 with the 2.2m steel 3.5mm plug and it's from a trade, the best trade I've ever had. This thread is very informative, I just think the Pro 82 is underrated from where I'm from. But I experienced what you all said, that it will sound as good as your chain. most of the newbies from our group bought the Pro 82 thinking it will sound good without considering their source, which makes the Pro 82 sound bad, but paired with a capable source, it will shine. I love the separation, layering, imaging of this can, compared to Audio-Technica's offerings, which is more than double it's price namely, M30x, M40x, M50x, M50s. of course your mileage may vary. also depends on your source, plug it to your phone it sounds just okay, but pair it with a proper dap/dac and amp, it's a different beast. only downside is I live in a tropical county in south east asia and I sweat like hell down here. HAHA :D

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #2,234 of 4,572
【hifi diy丁级频响配对鸣匠50mm镀铍单元发烧头戴式耳机升级喇叭】http://m.tb.cn/h.3TTte9q?sm=b72176 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥QbTjb40ypT3¥后到淘♂寳♀
I think I found the Bosshifi B8 driver as they look exactly the same and they are 16 ohms, am probably going to buy these to fit these in my V-moda Lp2. @BenF do you have any idea where I can find Pro 82 drivers? 【高阻发烧拜亚T1特斯拉头戴式300 600欧50mm耳机单元喇叭HD650 800】http://m.tb.cn/h.3TTx8Tu?sm=c6740e 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥8ThDb4b1WoS¥后到淘♂寳♀ and also what looks to be a T1 driver for pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #2,235 of 4,572
Got the Pro 82 before I read this thread. it's the v1 with the 2.2m steel 3.5mm plug and it's from a trade, the best trade I've ever had. This thread is very informative, I just think the Pro 82 is underrated from where I'm from. But I experienced what you all said, that it will sound as good as your chain. most of the newbies from our group bought the Pro 82 thinking it will sound good without considering their source, which makes the Pro 82 sound bad, but paired with a capable source, it will shine. I love the separation, layering, imaging of this can, compared to Audio-Technica's offerings, which is more than double it's price namely, M30x, M40x, M50x, M50s. of course your mileage may vary. also depends on your source, plug it to your phone it sounds just okay, but pair it with a proper dap/dac and amp, it's a different beast. only downside is I live in a tropical county in south east asia and I sweat like hell down here. HAHA :D
Good to see that people are getting the message about importance of the rest of the chain, and get to enjoy Pro 82 properly.
Added this to the post #3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back