Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #2,146 of 4,538
The idea of the Pro 82 excelling at live content has made me want to test some edge cases, so I've dug up a handful of varying-degrees live recordings, ranging from professionally-mic'd choir at Abbey Road, to direct soundboard feed...

Untrust Us, Crystal Castles cover by Capital Choir
P82 is transfixing with this. PH is close and still very engaging with that harmonic glitter, but she just doesn't win.

Shake It Out, Florence and the Machine cover by Capital Choir
Same, unsurprisingly.

I'm Already There, Lonestar live
Despite being filtered through a camcorder, P82 manages to sound more 'like [already] being there'; in the past I just heard this as a poor recording, but with Pro 82 I can make out that particular timbre of big-stage PA system speakers, and the people in the audience around the camera are more cohesively present.

Long Live The Queen, Frank Turner
This recording feels mastered, despite the choreography making it seem pretty live otherwise. As such, I'm finding P82 less engaging than PH.

Up In the Sky, Somali Yacht Club live
Sounds like it's recorded directly from soundboard, so little or no ambiance despite clearly being live. P82 feels like more of the instrument; PH like more of the music. Interesting.

So yeah: If you listen to a lot of live music with ambiance included, $65 and a couple'a weeks wait for a Pro 82 is a no-brainer.

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #2,147 of 4,538
The idea of the Pro 82 excelling at live content has made me want to test some edge cases, so I've dug up a handful of varying-degrees live recordings, ranging from professionally-mic'd choir at Abbey Road, to direct soundboard feed...
So yeah: If you listen to a lot of live music with ambiance included, $65 and a couple'a weeks wait for a Pro 82 is a no-brainer.
100%.
Just stay away from the 2.2m ones for now.

Aug 17, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #2,148 of 4,538
Hi. I wrote to support service Takstar and they answer me that Tomtop oficial dealer Takstar production.

Thank you for your interest in Takstar products.

We have distributor who is selling Takstar products on internet, it calls Tomtop. Below is the purchase link. Just need to register an account, and then you can buy Takstar products at this website. Thank you very much!

https://www.tomtop.com/search/takstar.html . Here most cheaper price 59.99$.
Welcome.

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #2,149 of 4,538
Hi. I wrote to support service Takstar and they answer me that Tomtop oficial dealer Takstar production.

Thank you for your interest in Takstar products.

We have distributor who is selling Takstar products on internet, it calls Tomtop. Below is the purchase link. Just need to register an account, and then you can buy Takstar products at this website. Thank you very much!

https://www.tomtop.com/search/takstar.html . Here most cheaper price 59.99$.
Welcome.
What prompted you to write to Takstar?

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #2,150 of 4,538
I thought that Reloop would be silver like Pro 82, but it's actually dark grey:
upload_2018-8-17_19-9-21.png

Aug 17, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #2,153 of 4,538
They look pretty good actually! Guessing that they sound the same.

They are not bad looking, but I do prefer both Takstars over it.
The silver Pro 82 looks like something B&O would make - very chic.
The black Pro 82 looks understated, yet elegant.
The dirty grey Reloop doesn't evoke any emotions in me. And that huge logo takes too much space. On Takstar's the logos contrast with the main color, on Reloop it makes it look even darker overall.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #2,156 of 4,538
They are not bad looking, but I do prefer both Takstars over it.
The silver Pro 82 looks like something B&O would make - very chic.
The black Pro 82 looks understated, yet elegant.
The dirty grey Reloop doesn't evoke any emotions in me. And that huge logo takes too much space. On Takstar's the logos contrast with the main color, on Reloop it makes it look even darker overall.
Yes exactly the Reloop's look kinda dirty compared to the takstar "OG" model. Also have you tried the new superlux headphones? I tried them at the PlamExpo in the superlux booth and lemme tell you something, don't bother ever touching those because they suck donkey butts, those silicon pads oh my Jesus they are the worst things I have ever put on my ears, I would have the bare driver on my ear then that crappy thing. I don't even wanna get into sound really! Don't bother with those.

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #2,157 of 4,538
I try to buy headphones directly from manufacture. :smile_phones:. I try avvoid fake and replica headphones.
There aren't fakes or replicas, even the bad 2.2m ones are most likely coming from the Takstar factory.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,158 of 4,538
My cable is dying after just 8 month of usage, sometimes the volume just vanish in the right side, what kind of cable is fit this headphone? I don't need microphone.
My takstar pro 80 died after like 1,5 year, kinda annoying that they cant make proper cables that last longer than 2 years...

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #2,159 of 4,538
@Rezeta, make sure the headphone-side plug is pushed fully in. I had the same issue and it turned out to be the plug not being inserted completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back