Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 20, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,176 of 4,538
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #2,177 of 4,538
I found out whats the problem with the cable:
The 2.5 mm jack part thats connects to the headphone literally broke off from the cable's outside rubber, it was only the small inner strings that held it together. I think this will be a common issue after 1-2 year usage, because i never drop it or anything, only used it front of my pc.

BenF: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ear...graded-Cable-AUX-Audio-Cable/32904031328.html
What about this cable? Do you think this will fit? I cant plug 4 pole jack into my pc.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ear...d09e-47d6-9c5e-4a2407b12ce5&priceBeautifyAB=0 That cable works 100% check this link and reviews someone posted even picture with Pro82 and this cable.

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,178 of 4,538

I agree that it is a little puzzling that Takstar is bothering to release MFI-certified headphones at a time when Apple has ditched headphone jacks on iOS devices (there’s a rumor it’s even going away on the iPad!), but nonetheless I’m curious about the ML 720 because it’s an open-back.

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,179 of 4,538
The HD 5800 looks pretty interesting, why would they market an open back as a portable headphone?

Edit: I think the HD 5800 is the HD 5500 with a new name, the drivers size and impedance is exactly the same.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #2,181 of 4,538
A new DAC/Amp/Bluetooth adapter came in:
upload_2018-8-21_2-51-39.png
upload_2018-8-21_2-53-4.png

This one has both single-ended and balanced (2.5mm) outputs:
upload_2018-8-21_2-54-49.png
upload_2018-8-21_2-56-6.png

Aug 20, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #2,183 of 4,538

I like BenF, who continuously introduces the low cost gears to support the inexpensive but excellent phones like pro-82 (or others for their diverse applications) that in some sense deviates from standards set by very expensive phones like HD800, T1, He-6, or the like.
I think there should be a pleasant sonic quality which must be independent of the characteristics found in those expensive flag ships.
In some sense, there might be no good or bad phones but there are different phones.
Pro-82 is special for sure and uniqueness in it for excellent vocals / decent bass / speed / transparency with different types like some harmonic density in mids which is not usually found in so-called good and expensive phones.
I think this thread will be continued and encouraged by many, so that some one explores further into some good and new way to find gems which is low cost and buried under the usual perceptions set by those usual/expensive standards driven by the money driven market.

When we consider that the phone technology is the simplest one in electromotive devices so called voice coil motor that are composed of magnets / coils / the polymer cone or membrane for generating acoustic pressure.
The magnet has been rapidly advanced by Neodynium (China has more than 80% production in global) so that the performance increases more than 10 times recent years. Nowadays phones with more than 1 tesla motors are comon which was advertized in some phone like beyerdynamic t1 at their prime time when 1 tesla magnetic density was rare. Also good quality material for sonic cone or membrane can be available way easier than before.
Consequently good phone can be made in lot lower cost than before.
Likewise dac and amp are also the simplest ones with respect to electric circuitry.
In short phones and those asociated techs are simple enough to get good quality product with low costs.
I think those facts above allow us in here enjoy or wait great phone with lot low cost owner ship, and justify this thread in good way.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #2,184 of 4,538
Ben I ordered my pair from Music HuHu Store that u been linking in comments before.... I kinda lost which is "bad version" now 2.2 or 1.6? First it was 1.6m now its 2.2m? Mine was white box with 2.2m I also gonna order one more pair from takstar shop and compare them soon

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #2,186 of 4,538

That’s either an Earstudio ES100 or a clone of it. The ES100 is highly praised here. It’s definitely on my shopping list already!

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,187 of 4,538
Three weeks ago I compared Hifiman HE-400 and HE-400S:
I have tested P10 with really inefficient and hard to drive HE-400.
With the 2Vrms input from ELE EL-D01, P10 gets plenty loud before the 4PM mark (where it starts distorting).

This combo even makes HE-400S sound pretty good (it's very boring otherwise), but with HE-400 the sound is phenomenal.
I got stuck listening to HE-400 for a few hours last night, even though I haven't touched it in a couple of years.
The next day I decided to put He-400 against Pro 82.
Bad idea...
As much as I loved HE-400 the day before, I hated them even more now.
Compared to Pro 82, HE-400 was enormously colored and unnatural sounding, with a lot of distortion.
That distortion can be pleasurable on guitar tracks, but overall I couldn't take them off fast enough.

Just another example of how important the reference point is when you are evaluating a headphone.
Same headphone can sound like TOTL or like total crap, depending what you compare it with.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2,188 of 4,538
I like BenF, who continuously introduces the low cost gears to support the inexpensive but excellent phones like pro-82 (or others for their diverse applications) that in some sense deviates from standards set by very expensive phones like HD800, T1, He-6, or the like.
I think there should be a pleasant sonic quality which must be independent of the characteristics found in those expensive flag ships.
In some sense, there might be no good or bad phones but there are different phones.
Pro-82 is special for sure and uniqueness in it for excellent vocals / decent bass / speed / transparency with different types like some harmonic density in mids which is not usually found in so-called good and expensive phones.
I think this thread will be continued and encouraged by many, so that some one explores further into some good and new way to find gems which is low cost and buried under the usual perceptions set by those usual/expensive standards driven by the money driven market.

When we consider that the phone technology is the simplest one in electromotive devices so called voice coil motor that are composed of magnets / coils / the polymer cone or membrane for generating acoustic pressure.
The magnet has been rapidly advanced by Neodynium (China has more than 80% production in global) so that the performance increases more than 10 times recent years. Nowadays phones with more than 1 tesla motors are comon which was advertized in some phone like beyerdynamic t1 at their prime time when 1 tesla magnetic density was rare. Also good quality material for sonic cone or membrane can be available way easier than before.
Consequently good phone can be made in lot lower cost than before.
Likewise dac and amp are also the simplest ones with respect to electric circuitry.
In short phones and those asociated techs are simple enough to get good quality product with low costs.
I think those facts above allow us in here enjoy or wait great phone with lot low cost owner ship, and justify this thread in good way.

Thank you!
I'm just trying to bring TOTL experience to music lovers - at reasonable prices.
Pro 82's transparency is what makes it so great - it allows you to hear your music and your sound chain, which many much more expensive headphones fail at - due to their coloration.

And having "'synergy" combos sure helps, as even some of the most expensive headphones don't sound that good with any random high priced DAC/Amp.
When I auditioned Abyss 1266 with Oppo HA2 + Beyerdynamic A2, it didn't impress me at all. But when I switched from A2 to Cayin HA-1AMk2, it sounded perfect.
Every TOTL headphone deserves to be listened through a chain that fits it best, and so does Pro 82.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #2,190 of 4,538
In order to enjoy some phone to the full extent, I need considerable time spending with that phone.
Some times it might take a year to be familiarized with the phone.
As the statement of David Hilbert of the greatest mathematician of 20th century, "to know some thing is to get used to or to be familiarized with it" ( it might not be the exact his statement though).
The process of getting familiarized with requires training period of time, which can be observed in any discipline like mathematician basket ball player, or pianist.
It might require every day practice.
I think there is no difference for this hobby.
What we know about some phone is simply " being trained onto the phone".
I still try to understand Pro-82 to the fullest extent so that what BenF knows about pro-82 can hopefully be mine someday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back