Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 26, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,651 of 4,538
I'm guessing you are asking because of this feedback in the Music Huhu Store:

I don't think they are intend to scam, but just like most Aliexpress shops (probably all except for Takstar Audio), they don't have the stock they claim to have, and try to source Pro 82 "on demand".

"832 pieces available" - yeah, right...

Since Pro 82's availability from the factory is not constant, sometimes stores like this end up fake-shipping Pro 82.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-30#post-13871997
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-62#post-13966787
ePacket is super reliable, in this case it's probably the store's wrongdoing.
Their feedback score is on the low end of acceptable (97.2%), and they don't have any silvers, even though TakstarAudio did receive their shipment of silvers weeks ago.
If you want to be 100% sure to receive Pro 82 (even silver ones), the only way to go is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html

For reference, that negative review was me.

I made an order from Huhu Music store back at the start of February. That was when we were discussing possible differences between black and silver versions or maybe even a different older version. Takstar Audio was out of stock, so decided to order from them as they were showing on hand. I contacted the merchant first and asked if they had on hand to fulfill the order if I placed it. I was told by them that they had some for immediate shipment and would ship out right away.

The other reason for ordering from them was to see if maybe they had backstock of an older version that was potentially different. So with all that in mind I placed the order and paid extra for the faster epacket shipping with tracking.

Right away I was given a tracking number and it showed within a few days that it was in the dispatch sorting facility in [GuangDongShengShenZhenShi SHENZHEN] as it is listed. There it has stayed since. The shipping time was 7 days processing and 12-20 days shipping. The tracking came within 2 days showing shipped. Well 34 days came and went and I had forgotten all about the order to tell you all the truth. I only remembered the order because I received a notification email from Aliexpress saying their were closing the "confirmation" portion of my order since it had been a week after the longest time it was meant to have arrived by.

I went to check on the order and it showed closed. I didn't have it, and the shipping still showed it was in China. I contacted the seller and asked what the heck was going on. At which point they said it was late because of China New Years, blizzards, and all sorts of excuses. I called bull on them and opened a dispute. They kept trying to say, please wait 60 days. Again I called bulshit because the Aliexpress buyers protection didn't extend that long. If I waited another 30 days I wouldn't be able to open a dispute and get a refund if nothing arrived. I contacted aliexpress customer service directly and they opened a dispute on my behalf. Told me that a refund will automatically happen if the store doesn't do it and that I shouldn't stop the dispute unless I see the package leave China. Which is what happened. A week later my dispute closed and Aliexpress is giving me a refund through buyer protection.

Worst part is other items I ordered before and after all arrived from China with no problem from different sellers. I tend to order a lot. I hate to say it, but I really advise anyone in this thread from ordering from that store if you don't want similar experiences.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #1,652 of 4,538
I found a way to eliminate the noise from my Topping D2 DAC and now it's dead silent in any volume level, no more bugging noise. The Pro 82 sounds much much better.

I also like to boot my laptop to safe mode with sound driver enabled to make windows run with minimal processes and services.

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #1,653 of 4,538
20180326_230058.jpg
Got a silver cable awhile back and thought that it looks nice with a silver Pro82 color. Silver cable updates sound wise: a slightly cleaner sound and everything else stays the same IMO.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,657 of 4,538
For reference, that negative review was me.
I made an order from Huhu Music store back at the start of February. That was when we were discussing possible differences between black and silver versions or maybe even a different older version. Takstar Audio was out of stock, so decided to order from them as they were showing on hand. I contacted the merchant first and asked if they had on hand to fulfill the order if I placed it. I was told by them that they had some for immediate shipment and would ship out right away.

The other reason for ordering from them was to see if maybe they had backstock of an older version that was potentially different. So with all that in mind I placed the order and paid extra for the faster epacket shipping with tracking.

Right away I was given a tracking number and it showed within a few days that it was in the dispatch sorting facility in [GuangDongShengShenZhenShi SHENZHEN] as it is listed. There it has stayed since. The shipping time was 7 days processing and 12-20 days shipping. The tracking came within 2 days showing shipped. Well 34 days came and went and I had forgotten all about the order to tell you all the truth. I only remembered the order because I received a notification email from Aliexpress saying their were closing the "confirmation" portion of my order since it had been a week after the longest time it was meant to have arrived by.

I went to check on the order and it showed closed. I didn't have it, and the shipping still showed it was in China. I contacted the seller and asked what the heck was going on. At which point they said it was late because of China New Years, blizzards, and all sorts of excuses. I called bull**** on them and opened a dispute. They kept trying to say, please wait 60 days. Again I called bul**** because the Aliexpress buyers protection didn't extend that long. If I waited another 30 days I wouldn't be able to open a dispute and get a refund if nothing arrived. I contacted aliexpress customer service directly and they opened a dispute on my behalf. Told me that a refund will automatically happen if the store doesn't do it and that I shouldn't stop the dispute unless I see the package leave China. Which is what happened. A week later my dispute closed and Aliexpress is giving me a refund through buyer protection.

Worst part is other items I ordered before and after all arrived from China with no problem from different sellers. I tend to order a lot. I hate to say it, but I really advise anyone in this thread from ordering from that store if you don't want similar experiences.

This is typical of Chinese sellers on any platform - they don't think it's wrong to lie, if they think that they can get away with it.
This seller wasn't trying to scam you intentionally, but because they lied about having the item in stock, they had to fake-ship it - shifting blame from themselves to e-Packet.

We are damn lucky to have a seller like TakstarAudio, which behaves by western standards - I suspect it's managed by somebody who lived outside of China for a long time.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #1,658 of 4,538
I found a way to eliminate the noise from my Topping D2 DAC and now it's dead silent in any volume level, no more bugging noise. The Pro 82 sounds much much better.

I also like to boot my laptop to safe mode with sound driver enabled to make windows run with minimal processes and services.
Despite Topping NX4 DSD being a disappointment, I may take a chance on D50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Decoding-USB-DAC-XMOS-XU208/32857110143.html
Tomorrow price goes down from 250$ to 212.5$, plus 4$ "select coupon" discount and "20$ off 200$" coupon for "diamond" Ali members will bring it down to 188.5$ - for a DAC/preamp with double ES9038Q2M that supports DSD512/PCM768Khz with USB/OPT/COAX inputs - it's just too good a deal to pass.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,659 of 4,538
Despite Topping NX4 DSD being a disappointment, I may take a chance on D50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Decoding-USB-DAC-XMOS-XU208/32857110143.html
Tomorrow price goes down from 250$ to 212.5$, plus 4$ "select coupon" discount and "20$ off 200$" coupon for "diamond" Ali members will bring it down to 188.5$ - for a DAC/preamp with double ES9038Q2M that supports DSD512/PCM768Khz with USB/OPT/COAX inputs - it's just too good a deal to pass.
Looks good. That discount is quite a deal.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #1,662 of 4,538
Just was wanted to ask if the bass on the bosshifi b8 is sloppy by any means because mostly headphones under like under 32omhs seem to have sloppy bass or maybe its just me.
It's not sloppy at all, but not as well controlled as in Pro 82 - it's boomier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back