Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #1,231 of 4,538
Still waiting on my 82's to arrive but in the meantime I managed to get a FiiO E06 on eBay for £18.99, also got the ELE EL-D01 off Amazon for £11. Pretty hyped now, hopefully they arrive soon. Thanks BenF & co for guiding me along the way to my first proper Head-fi get-up :p.
Nice - going for the synergy right away.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #1,232 of 4,538
Look what just turned up.
A4PMEga.png

Ordered on the 23rd and arrived today, a lot earlier than I expected honestly. Happy days :D

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #1,233 of 4,538
So based on previous discussions, that looks to be Gen 1 with the longer cord rather than Gen 2, correct?

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #1,234 of 4,538
I received the Pro 82 about 12 hours ago, and it does sound great but I have a problem with rattling on bassy tracks. It was very apparent on the bass shaker test here. I have 4 different amps (Chord Mojo, R2R-11, Gustard H10, Stoner Acoustics UD125) and it rattle on all of them. The left channel rattles louder than the right channel but both rattles pretty hard at very low frequencies (10-30 Hz). I've tried with both 3.5mm and 6.5mm, both exhibits the same behavior. Can anyone with a Pro 82 do the same test for me, it hope its only me so that I can request an RMA.

EDIT: The bass shaker test is under the "Quality" section if anyone's wondering.
First test with these and I'm immediately noticing this. The start of this song rattles in the first 2 seconds. Is this normal? I did the bass shaker test too and it sounds like there's someone shaking maracas. It seems to mainly be in the left ear too. Still waiting on dac/amp to arrive yet so this is just plugged straight into the PC.

So based on previous discussions, that looks to be Gen 1 with the longer cord rather than Gen 2, correct?
Mine has the 2.2m cable and adapter.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #1,235 of 4,538
First test with these and I'm immediately noticing this. The start of this song rattles in the first 2 seconds. Is this normal? I did the bass shaker test too and it sounds like there's someone shaking maracas. It seems to mainly be in the left ear too. Still waiting on dac/amp to arrive yet so this is just plugged straight into the PC.

Mine has the 2.2m cable and adapter.

Try the same tests on your phone. If no rattle then your laptop is to blame

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,237 of 4,538
Gave it a go there and it happens on the phone as well. It's definitely only happening in the left ear too.
My 1700$ Fostex TH900MK2 has a horrible rattle on the left under 50Hz, like someone is jiggling their keys.
Tests are best to be avoided, at least until you form a firm opinion of the headphones based on music you actually enjoy.

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,238 of 4,538
My 1700$ Fostex TH900MK2 has a horrible rattle on the left under 50Hz, like someone is jiggling their keys.
Tests are best to be avoided, at least until you form a firm opinion of the headphones based on music you actually enjoy.
Alright so I'm thinking either there's a problem with the jack/connector on mine or there's a hair or something under the foam or in the jack somewhere as I blew pretty much everywhere on and around the left earcup/jack, plugged it back in and re-did the tests and listened to some songs and it wasn't as bad (though still very noticable on songs like the one I linked). I get the key rattling noise you mentioned on the test up to 50hz now but then it stops. Before I tried blowing it was making an obscene rattling/crackling noise the whole way up to 200hz and on pretty much any bass in the songs I've listened to. On the Wiring tests for Center/Twisted I hear a sort of electric crackle noise in the left.

Edit: I can put the volume on Windows up to around 60 before the crackling becomes noticeable. They're a fair bit quieter on their own compared to my last headphones which I had to keep at about 30 volume or they'd deafen me, but the sound quality is crazy. I'm hearing all sorts of details in songs I've never heard before.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,239 of 4,538
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,240 of 4,538
I have been listening to the Prostar 82 for about 30 minutes now. Even before burn in this thing sounds great. A significant improvement from the JVC HA-S680 in areas of clarity, transparency and detail. Superb gear that is very nicely built as well.

So far the only minor gripe is the bass on the standard setting sounds a little lightweight. The 3dB and 6dB boost are more balanced sounding to me.

I wonder why the box looks different than the one posted above. Mine is in black while the one at the top is in white. Small matter as this thing sounds absolutely superb for the price. Very comfortable too, miles better than the Beyerdynamic T1.

Top marks for the Pro 82.

20180203_013601.jpg
20180203_012456.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,241 of 4,538
In what way did you adjust the pads, just on your head or by changing something on the actual headphones?

Just cotton around the back side of the cup under the cushion (does not require taking pad off). I've seen people use hair curlers or rolled up paper towel. I remember reading some one used RG6 (coax). Basically doesn't matter how you do it.

DoVdGd8m.jpg

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,243 of 4,538
100:1 ratio of 5-star ratings!
I haven't seen any other headphone at 50$+ on any platform (Ali, Ebay, Amazon) with such ratio.
Cool! But hey, don't let Takstar think this thing is perfect and stop their R&D towards a better product.
We all love the Pro 82, although we'll be also anxiously waiting for those “Pro 84” dreamed by @BenF...

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,244 of 4,538
Just cotton around the back side of the cup under the cushion (does not require taking pad off). I've seen people use hair curlers or rolled up paper towel. I remember reading some one used RG6 (coax). Basically doesn't matter how you do it.

DoVdGd8m.jpg

Thanks! I've done this kind of mods before so I understand what you mean and will try it.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #1,245 of 4,538
A significant improvement from the JVC HA-S680 in areas of clarity, transparency and detail. Superb gear that is very nicely built as well.

So far the only minor gripe is the bass on the standard setting sounds a little lightweight. The 3dB and 6dB boost are more balanced sounding to me.
What kind of equipment / chain you are using? Do you prefer Pro82 to S680 for bass heavy music or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back