Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #2,884 of 4,535
IMG_20190803_032406.jpg
What is commercial cable? When i got my balanced cable at first when i listen something not right so i try using left right channel and it wont move either side so i got my local guy to look at it and he rewire it to make it work. Coz usually a single ended balanced cable i believe is not wire the same as pro82. This my 2nd balanced and 1st balanced also same scenario but i send back for refund.After i saw the post regarding this thing i try ask him what is the configuration he nv reply.
Anyway i new to audiophile maybe mine is not balanced i also wont know coz local say there is no semi balanced thing but when i first got both cables i able use es100 balanced to play.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #2,885 of 4,535
If the cable was rewired then you’re probably good. Lucky guy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Please tell us about the #9038S performance as listened from the Pro 82 once you receive it!

I also want to order it, but first I need to deal with the cable situation. Will also try to find some experienced guy to rewire a standard balanced cable, since connections are not standard in Pro 82.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #2,886 of 4,535
If the cable was rewired then you’re probably good. Lucky guy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Please tell us about the #9038S performance as listened from the Pro 82 once you receive it!

I also want to order it, but first I need to deal with the cable situation. Will also try to find some experienced guy to rewire a standard balanced cable, since connections are not standard in Pro 82.
I order powerdacv2.Owner say he happy with this with his planar which i waiting for my planar incoming too. powerdacv2 got app to play around too. lol

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,888 of 4,535
Wouldn't that make Pro 82 incompatible with its own cables or standard TRS ones - you'll only be able to use balanced cables?

Sorry it took me so long to get back but...yeah I'd be okay with that - if it worked that is. I did try to rewire the L's and R's and that did not work out at all when I plugged up the P82 to the Topping D7s. I went back immediately. It must be the way the HD598 balanced cable I'm using is wired. I guess it's like...a double negative becomes positive, or something?

But sadly a small issue I had with my V2's 2.5mm jack became much worse where just moving my head around would cause the left channel to go out. I always had this issue out of the box but, it wasn't as bad as it was last week so I just put up with it. So while I was at it, I went and swapped out the PCBs from my V1 and V2 (as I barely use the V1). Problem solved - for now. If I saw the jack correctly I think this is the one I need: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9N5JR2

And for good measure I took a photo of the bare PCB without the TRRS jack. Maybe it'll help out with the balanced cable issues?

IMG_7991.JPG

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #2,889 of 4,535
Sorry it took me so long to get back but...yeah I'd be okay with that - if it worked that is. I did try to rewire the L's and R's and that did not work out at all when I plugged up the P82 to the Topping D7s. I went back immediately. It must be the way the HD598 balanced cable I'm using is wired. I guess it's like...a double negative becomes positive, or something?

But sadly a small issue I had with my V2's 2.5mm jack became much worse where just moving my head around would cause the left channel to go out. I always had this issue out of the box but, it wasn't as bad as it was last week so I just put up with it. So while I was at it, I went and swapped out the PCBs from my V1 and V2 (as I barely use the V1). Problem solved - for now. If I saw the jack correctly I think this is the one I need: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9N5JR2

And for good measure I took a photo of the bare PCB without the TRRS jack. Maybe it'll help out with the balanced cable issues?

This PCB would be very unlikely to be a problem, but the wiring from and to it....

By the way, if your PRO82 is still fully open, this would be a nice opportunity to totally re-wire inside the headphone using thinker cable. More copper section till the diaphragms themselves...
And throwing away this ugly jack connector from that guy.
What would be the sound of that
The Saint Graal ?

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,892 of 4,535
Hello everybody!

Is there really a big sonic difference between the v1 (2.2m cable) and v2 (1.6m cable) ?

No 1.6m version is available here in Amazon and eBay UK and I'm thinking of ordering a v2 from aliexpress but I'm concerned how much the import tax would cost.

Cheers!

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,893 of 4,535
Hello everybody!

Is there really a big sonic difference between the v1 (2.2m cable) and v2 (1.6m cable) ?

No 1.6m version is available here in Amazon and eBay UK and I'm thinking of ordering a v2 from aliexpress but I'm concerned how much the import tax would cost.

Cheers!
Pro V2 will sound better with most music - especially the badly recorded/mastered/compressed one.
I would leave v1 only for the best recordings, especially if you don't have the synergy combos - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...discussion-thread.849965/page-5#post-13501419

Don't worry about the import tax, just ask the seller in the order's comment to mark the package a lower value - 30-40$.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #2,894 of 4,535
Pro V2 will sound better with most music - especially the badly recorded/mastered/compressed one.
I would leave v1 only for the best recordings, especially if you don't have the synergy combos - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...discussion-thread.849965/page-5#post-13501419

Don't worry about the import tax, just ask the seller in the order's comment to mark the package a lower value - 30-40$.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html

I have an AK4490 DAC and mostly 16/44 FLAC. Am I safe on the v1? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back