Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #271 of 4,538
Thanks for the tip re b stock. The O2 is the amp I've had my eye on most. I really don't look at these and see hard to drive as an issue though, am I wrong? It's an almost exact match with the owls impedance and sensitivity wise and I'm using about 20 out of 75 volume without kicking in high impedance mode. the battery won't be a major concern. Removable + quick charge.
It's not a matter of quantity, it's a matter of quality.
FIIO E17 pushes Pro 82 to ear splitting levels on low gain, but it doesn't sound very good.

Yeah, I can see no movement and order auto cancels in 3 days so I'll keep you updated
If it cancels without shipping - great. If they "ship" it and give you a fake tracking number - you'll have to wait a while until you'll get your money back.

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #272 of 4,538
The only seller (in the world?) that has stock right now, is https://headphoniaks.com/en/shop/takstar-pro82-2/
I had a fabulous experience buying from HPK. Not sure if they ship outside Spain, I guess yes, at least within Europe.

Also in Europe, I've seen the silver Pro 82 are available via some Amazon's:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Takstar-Headphone-Professional-Reference-Monitor/dp/B071F5NQ5C
https://www.amazon.de/Takstar-pro82-Kopfhörer/dp/B071F5NQ5C
https://www.amazon.fr/PRO82-casque-professionnel-référence-moniteur-casque-Argent/dp/B071F5NQ5C
https://www.amazon.it/Takstar-PRO82-cuffie-professionali-riferimento-cuffie-argento/dp/B071F5NQ5C
https://www.amazon.es/Takstar-Pro82...referencia-Auriculares-plateado/dp/B071F5NQ5C
These links are all from the very same seller, EUWHOLESALE, apparently based in China. But they seem to have at least 7 units left to sell with a quick ETA (by August 10) at this very moment...

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #273 of 4,538
People keep ordering from MH Recording Music Store - yet there is not a single feedback yet, despite first orders being placed over 6 weeks ago.
If you bought from MH Recording Music Store, please post:

1) Date of purchase
2) Date and text of the latest tracking number update.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #274 of 4,538
None are available right now from any seller on AliExpress, and MH Recording store told me that it will most likely be available at the end of the month while the official seller told me that the factory can't give me a specific date for when it would be available again, I already gave up on it ,_,

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #275 of 4,538
None are available right now from any seller on AliExpress, and MH Recording store told me that it will most likely be available at the end of the month while the official seller told me that the factory can't give me a specific date for when it would be available again, I already gave up on it ,_,
Takstar makes good products but their production line seems to have some issues regarding schedules. They probably need to improve their mass production.

Similar story happened with the ML 750 model that I was considering before buying the Pro 82. There were a few (very few, a couple maybe?) demo units out there. One of them was sent to HPK and some spanish reviewers wrote about their spectacular performance (if interested look here, for instance). But this was more than a year ago and these headphones were never available to buy, neither there is an expected release date yet, AFAIK. I even contacted a chinese friend (to see if they were selling them locally only), who was unable to find them in China. I even wrote to Takstar's sales department months ago, who never replied to me...

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #276 of 4,538
Takstar makes good products but their production line seems to have some issues regarding schedules. They probably need to improve their mass production.

Similar story happened with the ML 750 model that I was considering before buying the Pro 82. There were a few (very few, a couple maybe?) demo units out there. One of them was sent to HPK and some spanish reviewers wrote about their spectacular performance (if interested look here, for instance). But this was more than a year ago and these headphones were never available to buy, neither there is an expected release date yet, AFAIK. I even contacted a chinese friend (to see if they were selling them locally only), who was unable to find them in China. I even wrote to Takstar's sales department months ago, who never replied to me...
So yeah these might be the same and they won't be available any time soon, I've decided to buy the Edifier W830BT, I'm not sure about how good they sound, some people are saying they're very bassy. I will check them for myself though as I'm in need for a good closed headphones as soon as possible because the ones they offer at work leak out a lot and you can't listen to music without bothering 10 other people xD

Aug 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #277 of 4,538
So yeah these might be the same and they won't be available any time soon, I've decided to buy the Edifier W830BT, I'm not sure about how good they sound, some people are saying they're very bassy. I will check them for myself though as I'm in need for a good closed headphones as soon as possible because the ones they offer at work leak out a lot and you can't listen to music without bothering 10 other people xD
Another good option in this price range may be the SoundMAGIC HP151, which is a renovated version of the SoundMAGIC HP150, which were praised by their neutral sound in the past, but criticised because of some mechanical failures. I personally asked SoundMAGIC by email about the differences here and they confirmed that: “the HP151 have revised hinges to strengthen them, but the sound is essentially unchanged” (very same drivers as in HP150). If you are willing to take good care of them, you may even find some of those more fragile HP150 still on sale (they were at about 69£ on http://soundmagicheadphones.com some days ago, which is a bargain).

Beware that I didn't listen to neither the HP150 nor the HP151, so take this comment only as informative. However, some experienced people from a spanish audio forum that I follow, after a close comparison between the Pro 82 and the HP150, told that the HP150 were a bit superior to the Pro 82, at least in detail and neutrality. Maybe, but I doubt that the HP150 were anything better in bass quality than the Pro 82, or in musicality, for instance. Just an appreciation without any supporting experience on it, though. In the end, it all depends much on your preferred profile...

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #278 of 4,538
Another good option in this price range may be the SoundMAGIC HP151, which is a renovated version of the SoundMAGIC HP150, which were praised by their neutral sound in the past, but criticised because of some mechanical failures. I personally asked SoundMAGIC by email about the differences here and they confirmed that: “the HP151 have revised hinges to strengthen them, but the sound is essentially unchanged” (very same drivers as in HP150). If you are willing to take good care of them, you may even find some of those more fragile HP150 still on sale (they were at about 69£ on http://soundmagicheadphones.com some days ago, which is a bargain).

Beware that I didn't listen to neither the HP150 nor the HP151, so take this comment only as informative. However, some experienced people from a spanish audio forum that I follow, after a close comparison between the Pro 82 and the HP150, told that the HP150 were a bit superior to the Pro 82, at least in detail and neutrality. Maybe, but I doubt that the HP150 were anything better in bass quality than the Pro 82, or in musicality, for instance. Just an appreciation without any supporting experience on it, though. In the end, it all depends much on your preferred profile...
Well thanks for mentioning it, but the official site doesn't ship to my country. I will, however, search around for it if I didn't like the ones that I already bought.
And I seem to like several types of headphones, some bassy ones appeal to me while other neutral ones feel great, so if some people found them really great for that price chances are I would like them just as much despite their targeted frequency range.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #279 of 4,538
Well after some fine tuning I finally managed to use the vmoda boom pro mic and I can now use the Takstar Pro 82 as a gaming headphone.:L3000:

s-l500.jpg

I've had to peel of some of the black plastic because otherwise the adapter won't plug in correctly. I still have the problem that the adapter won't stick ln like the normal cable that comes with the Takstar Pro 82.

HTB1s3kmQVXXXXX4XVXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg

Well this must be the problem and I don't think that other adapters will fix the problem. I could also buy the KetDirect Boom Mic but is has garbage build quality.

Aug 10, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #280 of 4,538
Well after some fine tuning I finally managed to use the vmoda boom pro mic and I can now use the Takstar Pro 82 as a gaming headphone.:L3000:

s-l500.jpg

I've had to peel of some of the black plastic because otherwise the adapter won't plug in correctly. I still have the problem that the adapter won't stick ln like the normal cable that comes with the Takstar Pro 82.

Well this must be the problem and I don't think that other adapters will fix the problem. I could also buy the KetDirect Boom Mic but is has garbage build quality.

How about sound impressions?

I have ordered 3 cables with mics, will post reviews when I get them in a couple of weeks.

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #282 of 4,538
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #284 of 4,538
I
People keep ordering from MH Recording Music Store - yet there is not a single feedback yet, despite first orders being placed over 6 weeks ago.
If you bought from MH Recording Music Store, please post:

1) Date of purchase
2) Date and text of the latest tracking number update.
Cancelled my order from mh due to lack of stock. Will go look again in a bit but I would like to mention that the business does seem legit, however they seem to be holding for a certain quantity before shipping and considering shipping is 6 weeks anyway on the cheapest, (which could counter the non feedback argument above), its quite a wait.

Since this thread is leaning against them, I would like to note that they were quick to respond to queries, refunded instantly and gave a good impression even if I didn't go through with the order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back