Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,701 of 4,537
Here are the measurements of Cooler Master MH751:

Here is a comparison with Pro 82 v2:

As you can see, MH751 is boosted up to 5-6 dBs under 230Hz.
I don't know if this boost is a result of retuned drivers, larger cups or different pads, but it comes at a cost of SQ - and not just in the bass region, tonality is off by more than FR would suggest.

I finally got around to measuring my "revised" MH752. This is rather fascinating.
CM V2.jpg

And all I can detect different is those foam rings that fit between the baffles and the ear cups.

I wish I could truly verify this because I tried my wrecked MH752 and well...you can see for yourself...
damagedCM.jpg

Yeah, hahaha...definitely wrecked. Oh I should mention that these are with 1/6 smoothing.

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #2,702 of 4,537
I finally got around to measuring my "revised" MH752. This is rather fascinating.

And all I can detect different is those foam rings that fit between the baffles and the ear cups.

I wish I could truly verify this because I tried my wrecked MH752 and well...you can see for yourself...

Yeah, hahaha...definitely wrecked. Oh I should mention that these are with 1/6 smoothing.
Interesting. Can you post measurements with 1/12 smoothing and these limits?
upload_2019-6-5_23-21-33.png

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,703 of 4,537
Hi everybody,

i am looking for a new pair of headphones for my PC.

My list of requirements is the following one:

- corded

- main uses: every kind of music (pop, jazz, blues, rock), tutorials and playing videogames (i am not looking for a headphone focused on gaming)

- no extreme bass, I prefer something neutral or at least not a headphone where bass or high are extremely marked.

Hearing health is important to me.

They recommended me buying Takstar pro 82, ATH-M30X or ATH m40x, but before buying one I would like to know what you think of them based on my needs.

My maximum budget would be that for ATH m40x (80-90€).

Takstar 82? m30x? m40x? another one?

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #2,704 of 4,537
Takstar 82? m30x? m40x? another one?

IMO it's no contest; I'd definitely get the Pro 82. It's far more comfortable than the Audio-Technicas. It's been a while since I owned the m40x, but I would consider the Takstar a much more pleasing neutral signature. (I wasn't a fan of the m40x though and sold it pretty quickly.) And it does have the bass adjustment that can sometimes be nice if you want to go to the middle setting. Cheaper too. Win/win

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2,705 of 4,537
IMO it's no contest; I'd definitely get the Pro 82. It's far more comfortable than the Audio-Technicas. It's been a while since I owned the m40x, but I would consider the Takstar a much more pleasing neutral signature. (I wasn't a fan of the m40x though and sold it pretty quickly.) And it does have the bass adjustment that can sometimes be nice if you want to go to the middle setting. Cheaper too. Win/win
The only issue with pro82 is power limit. I fried mine once.

Just get a 20ohm impedance adapter, if you are a studio guy. Otherwise its amazing with smartphone or small DAC's with integrated amps.

Dedicated amps need 20ohm impedance as resistor inside them add there power limit too

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #2,706 of 4,537

The only issue with pro82 is power limit. I fried mine once.

Just get a 20ohm impedance adapter, if you are a studio guy. Otherwise its amazing with smartphone or small DAC's with integrated amps.

Dedicated amps need 20ohm impedance as resistor inside them add there power limit too

I think I will go with pro 82.

Just one more question, so p82 with its U-shape (I suppose more powerful tremble and bass than mid frequencies??) offers more neutral audio experience than m40x?
I have been reading it is the opposite scenario, m40x the most neutral one.

I am also concerned about hearing health, so I am not a bass fan (I think the same happens with a high level tremble)

Thanks for your comments.

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,707 of 4,537
I think I will go with pro 82.

Just one more question, so p82 with its U-shape (I suppose more powerful tremble and bass than mid frequencies??) offers more neutral audio experience than m40x?
I have been reading it is the opposite scenario, m40x the most neutral one.

I am also concerned about hearing health, so I am not a bass fan (I think the same happens with a high level tremble)

Thanks for your comments.
Takstar is all about nuances etc. Its not neutral like m40x(even m40x ain't that neutral, but still) but its balanced in tuning so properly that it is sometime better in mixing than m40x

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #2,708 of 4,537
Takstar is all about nuances etc. Its not neutral like m40x(even m40x ain't that neutral, but still) but its balanced in tuning so properly that it is sometime better in mixing than m40x

so, for music, games, tutorials, is it my best option? I do not want to get tired of excessive bass or trembles.

Takstar appears to be the best value for money.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #2,709 of 4,537
so, for music, games, tutorials, is it my best option? I do not want to get tired of excessive bass or trembles.

Takstar is legendary then.

But if you buy one, do yourself a favour and buy impedance adapter for safety purposes. Get the lowest impedance version.

We need the power limit of resistor inside the adapter and not the impedance.

Plus it sounds better and controlled with same series resistor

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,710 of 4,537

Do make sure and get the v2 version then, because the v1 can have some treble peakiness. The bass is present but not excessive in either in the fully closed position.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,711 of 4,537
Jun 6, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,712 of 4,537
+1 for choosing V2, especially if you don't have high quality DAC/amp.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html

Do make sure and get the v2 version then, because the v1 can have some treble peakiness. The bass is present but not excessive in either in the fully closed position.

Takstar is legendary then.

But if you buy one, do yourself a favour and buy impedance adapter for safety purposes. Get the lowest impedance version.

We need the power limit of resistor inside the adapter and not the impedance.

Plus it sounds better and controlled with same series resistor

1) What? Why do I need an impedance adapter for safety?

Impedance: 32Ω ± 15%, it is what it say in amazon.

2) These are the ones I was going to buy, I do not know if it is V2 o V1. Reference: WTB0792PQ62C-006. Is this v2???
https://www.amazon.es/ammoon-Auricu...o+82+v2&qid=1559859072&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Thanks for your help.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #2,714 of 4,537
1) What? Why do I need an impedance adapter for safety?

Impedance: 32Ω ± 15%, it is what it say in amazon.

2) These are the ones I was going to buy, I do not know if it is V2 o V1. Reference: WTB0792PQ62C-006. Is this v2???
https://www.amazon.es/ammoon-Auriculares-profesional-dinámico-Auricular/dp/B0792PQ62C/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=takstar+pro+82+v2&qid=1559859072&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Thanks for your help.
Power limit is 50mW.
That's why.

If you power it too much by amp or powerful DAC. Just as a precaution.

I have fried my driver once.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #2,715 of 4,537
that's V1. V2 has a 1.6 meter cord...instead of 2.2 meters

good point. thanks.

Power limit is 50mW.
That's why.

If you power it too much by amp or powerful DAC. Just as a precaution.

I have fried my driver once.

Could you recommend me some impedance adapter from Amazon or Aliexpress? I do not want Takstar pro 82 to blow out when it's put on... I guess driver would burn without exploding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back