Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2,011 of 4,538
I tried all my other headphones as well and i heard the same, but there are some tracks where i can hear the difference like vocalist is slightly on the left/right instead of on the center, guitars are louder on the other side etc. Or maybe its just my imagination, lol.
If music was not recorded and mixed like this it would sound very tunneled, centered more like mono, panning gives width.

Some instruments and percussion are hard panned making sound stage wide & some are lightly panned, you are not imagining things :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #2,012 of 4,538
I can confirm that channel imbalance that I experience is because different frequency response of my ears. Tested with sine wave frequency swipe and at certain frequencies the sound pans left and right. When I swap the cans to the opposite ears the panning still goes the same direction. So it's not the cans.

I always hear treble a bit brighter on my left ear. But vocals/mids are perfectly centered.

Same with my eyes. My left eye sees deeper colors and my right eyes sees things brighter.

May 22, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #2,013 of 4,538
Well, at least you have the good type of specialization. In my case, my right eye can see things normal, but my left sees everything blurred (astigmatism). Where's the good part on the left? Still trying to figure that one out :sweat_smile:

But that's why I'm glad I'm not too picky with stuff over a certain level. I never noticed any of the things you all mentioned, and I'm fine about it :smile:

May 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,016 of 4,538
thanx

DSebastiao for the link ,very helpful to check the headphones I own( sennheiser hd 598 open -AKG k92- JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-MR55X).... though my question was about those that I don't own ..... Isk 2011 vs Aurvana vs takstar hd2000... and I would much appreciate if one makes additional comparasion between ISK 2011 - superlux hd 661 - Akai Professional Project 50X , and Takstar Ts-650?

except the aurvana , all the previous on sale where I live with almost the same price ...so I must decide which...

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #2,017 of 4,538
great thread

How the Aurvana compared to the HP2011 ?

How Takstar Hd2000 compared to Aurvana, HP2011, and Takstar hd 82 ?
any comparasion with OneOdio?

I own both Oneodio and Pro 82, i can possibly write comparison when i have time. Pro 82 sounds better to me anyway.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,020 of 4,538
Just received an update saying that my Pro 82 was lost by post office. Bought in february second. Sometimes is just devastating living in a **** of a country that nothing works. I am so frustrated.
Check head office they might be listening to the Pro 82 there. :wink:

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #2,021 of 4,538
Just received an update saying that my Pro 82 was lost by post office. Bought in february second. Sometimes is just devastating living in a **** of a country that nothing works. I am so frustrated.
It's been 4 months since the purchase - did you keep extending your purchase protection?

Jun 3, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #2,022 of 4,538
I own both Oneodio and Pro 82, i can possibly write comparison when i have time. Pro 82 sounds better to me anyway.
so according to most posts here, it seems that pro 82 & pro 80 to be the best chinese heaphones , the problem is that pro 80 doesn't exist where I live... and the pro 82 costs 160 US Dollars !!!
what should be the cheaper alternative ?
I read a post by
BenF claiming that the ISK 2011(,it is on sale here for 35 Dollars ..) ,is the Aurvana refined? any elaboration BenF ? ..

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2,023 of 4,538
so according to most posts here, it seems that pro 82 & pro 80 to be the best chinese heaphones , the problem is that pro 80 doesn't exist where I live... and the pro 82 costs 160 US Dollars !!!
I read a post by
BenF claiming that the ISK 2011(,it is on sale here for 35 Dollars ..) ,is the Aurvana refined? any elaboration BenF ? ..

I would not call them the "the best" chi-fi-headphones out there but definitely from the higher end.

How about Aliexpress?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,024 of 4,538
Here is my SMSL IQ review.

upload_2018-6-3_22-40-7.png
upload_2018-6-3_22-42-28.png

Price: 140$ for IQ vs 78$ for Idea (look in the first post for this price on Idea).

Size: It's much closer to Oppo HA-2 than to SMSL Idea, not much suited for portable use on-the-go.

Usability: I hate the volume button, which is also used to enter and operate the menus. It's really difficult to operate one-handed, even changing volume.
The short/long presses used are used to enter/switch/exit menus - not very intuitive.
Idea has much better and simpler UI.

Connectivity: IQ adds a balanced 2.5mm port, but still uses a micro-USB connector.
Since Sabaj DA3 has the Type-C connector, I expected it on the IQ too - big disappointment.
This was clearly stated in the item's description, but I missed it.

Mobile phone compatibility: Idea often needs to be disconnected and reconnected from a mobile phone after plugging it in initially.
SMSL has fixed this bug in a new firmware, but it limits the Idea to 24/96.
IQ doesn't have this issue - it works immediately.

Battery: IQ has a built-in battery, which allows it to be operated without drawing power from the host device.
This is supposed to be a big plus for mobile use, but Idea only draws ~100mA when driving Pro 82, so it's not that a big issue to begin with.
Probably is a bigger advantage if you have a noisy USB port on your laptop/desktop.

SQ: It's great, just great. IQ is the closest Amp/DAC to Oppo HA-2, even closer than HA-2SE (which has a warmer than HA-2 amp).
Just like HA-2, it's very detailed, but musical. No "Sabre glare" here.

Synergy for Pro 82: Because IQ is so neutral, it loses the synergy with O2 that Idea had.
It sounds amazingly good with O2 (or alone), but it loses that extra "liveliness" that Idea+O2 has.
I don't you to think that IQ is too analytical - it's not. If there is an emotion in the song, it will bring it out - especially with slightly warm-sounding recordings.
Case in point - the 2 Youtube clips below. They are recorded on a smartphone during a concert, yet IQ made be tear on both of them - and I don't even speak Korean.

Conclusion: For using with Pro 82, I'd still recommend the Idea. It's cheaper, smaller, easier to use, sounds great with Pro 82 alone, and even better with O2.
If you already have the Idea, I see no point in buying IQ, unless:
1) You want to use the balanced output (I didn't try it)
2) Want more details than Idea provides
3) You want to play around with digital filters
4) Have really noisy USB ports.

If you don't have Idea nor IQ at the moment, then it depends on what you will mostly use it with. If it's Pro 82 - go with the Idea.
If it's with other headphones - perhaps IQ is worth your consideration, even at almost twice the price.

Original performances:

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #2,025 of 4,538
I read a post by

I don't have much to say over what I've already said here: Comparison with ISK HP2011
2011 is better than CAL!, but it's a really low hurdle to clear...
It's nowhere near Pro 82's SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back