Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 10, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,921 of 4,538
I dont remember who said that Pro 82 sounds a bit dark
I said that and peter123 had somewhat similar impression, I think. Great comparison between n350 and takstars. On many parts it is how I feel about about n550 vs pro82.

About my relatioship with pro82. I've found good use for them. I like them with classical music, especially with stuff that is from LP or otherwise bad quality recording. Mellow highs and lack of exaggerated detail retrival makes pro82's good for that stuff. Hiss, crackles and pops from LP's are not too present with pro82.

Great imaging is good for orchestral pieces and small/ish soundstage does not bother me that much since many classical recordings have big enough soundstage. Soundstage on those recordings have afford to "shrink" without sounding too in your head.

With classical I don't find/mind the bass lacking either.

So even though I don't really like pro82's with anything else than classical they are going to remain in my collection for those quiet sunday mornings when I want to listen to some tchaikovsky and don't have the luxury of using my desktop rig.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,922 of 4,538
Ive found Pro 82 to be extremely versatile headphones and i can listen to most genres with them, only their bass can lack a bit on more bass-oriented genred like EDM but bass ports solve that problem. I dont find it colouring the sound too much, while listening to stuff like EDM or other more electronic i dont even mind slight coloration to the sound.

But sometimes i just found them sounding too clinical for pure enjoyment, surely they can be fun as well but not THAT fun, like very fun. Just "slightly fun" or "fun enough". Sometimes something is just missing, i dont know what it is but it prevents them to be my only pair of headphones. They are quite neutral sounding to me after all.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #1,923 of 4,538
Would the 2nd batch be better for people that like a little bit more bass then?
Actually the second batch measures a bit lower in the bass, so probably not.
For bass-lovers (but not for bassheads!) I recommend using bass boost in your amp:
Bass boost of Pro 82 vs HW-based bass boost

Also, does anybody have a photo of the silver model? I've seen some, but need to really decide on that.
Check @ahmadfaizadnan review of Pro 82 at https://ihearwhatihear.com/2017/12/30/takstar-pro-82-an-underdog-champs/ or at https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-pro-82.22388/

May 10, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #1,924 of 4,538
I ordered in January and received the "older" version.
You didn't buy it from TakstarAudio though. TakstarAudio has been selling only the newest version since mid-November 2017.

They dont really sound that "bright" to me.
Neither version sounds "bright" to me either.

May 10, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #1,925 of 4,538
These are AMAZING gaming cans. The imaging, comfort and sound signature are all perfect for gaming. I really think these might edge out the Bose QC 35s and Audioquest Nighthawks for the most comfortable headphones I've ever warn award.

May 10, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #1,927 of 4,538
ORDER.png
Are you sure that you bought this exact cable from this exact store? I don't need to pull mine.

Yes exactly that one from the same store. Damn..didn't realize they were that pricey. I think I'll try the poyatu or find a adapter?

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #1,928 of 4,538
These are AMAZING gaming cans. The imaging, comfort and sound signature are all perfect for gaming. I really think these might edge out the Bose QC 35s and Audioquest Nighthawks for the most comfortable headphones I've ever warn award.
Yeah right, if I go back to any other headphone for gaming after these they sound lifeless with muffled effects and bad spacial cues.

Gaming monsters for sure, I had to listen to these the other day for music as there was to much dog barking going on outside for me to take and I was floored yet again with what I paid and what I hear.

I have deep analog bass, gorgeous vocals and clear highs when the recording / producer is great, which seems to be different to what other hear.

Silver version powered by Audio-gd R2R 11on low gain at the moment.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #1,929 of 4,538
I have deep analog bass, gorgeous vocals and clear highs when the recording / producer is great, which seems to be different to what other hear.

Pro 82 seems to be kind of picky about recordings and what it makes sound good. Last evening i were listening to Black album by Metallica which is kind of "overproduced" album and even if it sounded good it was just somehow "clinical" sounding like i mentioned before. I tried to add some color to the sound by opening the first bassport but it didnt just work and muddied things up a bit. Then i switched to Rage Against Machines debut album and had a completely different experience and it sounded pretty damn good even with the bassboost on.

May 11, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #1,930 of 4,538
Pro 82 seems to be kind of picky about recordings and what it makes sound good. Last evening i were listening to Black album by Metallica which is kind of "overproduced" album and even if it sounded good it was just somehow "clinical" sounding like i mentioned before. I tried to add some color to the sound by opening the first bassport but it didnt just work and muddied things up a bit. Then i switched to Rage Against Machines debut album and had a completely different experience and it sounded pretty damn good even with the bassboost on.

That sounds like a description of accurate sound reproduction from the Pro82 :) ... since in that case, it would be expected to reveal good recording, mixing, mastering vs less stellar work in those departments.

May 11, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,931 of 4,538
That sounds like a description of accurate sound reproduction from the Pro82 :) ... since in that case, it would be expected to reveal good recording, mixing, mastering vs less stellar work in those departments.

Maybe not the most neutral sounding headphone out there but they seem to deserve their "studio monitor"-title.

May 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #1,932 of 4,538
Bose QC15/25, B&O H8/9, Bowers Wilkins PX and Sony WH1000XM2 are not good enough.
Bowers Wilkins P7 is the best Bluetooth headphone I've heard, very similar to the first revision of Pro 82 - but extremely uncomfortable.
B&O H7 is a close second.

I can now agree. I tested bunch of different bluetooth headphones and even bought one (B&O H7 Gen2) but had to return it because the touch controls were not good at all. Soundwise H7 Gen2 was pretty good but had little bit too much bass for my liking and the clarity was not in par with Takstar Pro 82.

I wonder if someone has compared B&O H6 (Gen1 or Gen2) to Pro 82? that is also a wired headphone but seems to be quite interesting one.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,933 of 4,538
I can now agree. I tested bunch of different bluetooth headphones and even bought one (B&O H7 Gen2) but had to return it because the touch controls were not good at all. Soundwise H7 Gen2 was pretty good but had little bit too much bass for my liking and the clarity was not in par with Takstar Pro 82.

I wonder if someone has compared B&O H6 (Gen1 or Gen2) to Pro 82? that is also a wired headphone but seems to be quite interesting one.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/t...iscussion-thread.849965/page-15#post-13587998

May 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #1,934 of 4,538
Since the conversation has turned to bluetooth cans and comparisons with the Pro 82, I just thought I'd mention that I got in on the first wave of Audeze Mobius when their Indiegogo campaign originally launched ($199) and will be comparing it with the Pro 82 once it arrives.

Should be interesting. I'm not expecting the Mobius to be the be-all, end-all, but it's got enough interesting bells and whistles that for that price I couldn't resist. Audeze has a solid track record re: sound quality.

May 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,935 of 4,538
Pro 82's most prominent feature is its transparency, which can rival electrostatics. They show the music as it was recorded/mastered, without "beautifying" it.

Yep!

Maybe not the most neutral sounding headphone out there but they seem to deserve their "studio monitor"-title.
You are probably right about Pro 82 not being the most neutral one, but it's damn hard to beat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back