Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
May 6, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #166 of 1,250
Maybe the manufacturer of the driver rised the price? When I talked to Ellie Wu, she seemed nice person and cared of the customer and not just money. Its now 172€ and its still quite cheap but depends where u live and whats is ur salary.

May 6, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #167 of 1,250
I see that they also added on the product page at Aliexpress the note/disclaimer that the cable is non-removable.

May 6, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #168 of 1,250
I see that they also added on the product page at Aliexpress the note/disclaimer that the cable is non-removable.
If I recall correctly they fixed that week a go.

I ordered pair of these cushions: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bra...505.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6f204c4d1Vf5d8

Seller lowered the price 35%. Its not angled but not sure if I really need that. Good to have many as possible pads to swap and do some listening and measuring. Some China pads are very good and cheap. Usually the biggest that fit and hybrid is that I like.

Edit. If I have luck she on my hands at the end of friday. Getting it faster than excepted :)

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #169 of 1,250
If I recall correctly they fixed that week a go.

I ordered pair of these cushions: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bra...505.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6f204c4d1Vf5d8

Seller lowered the price 35%. Its not angled but not sure if I really need that. Good to have many as possible pads to swap and do some listening and measuring. Some China pads are very good and cheap. Usually the biggest that fit and hybrid is that I like.

Edit. If I have luck she on my hands at the end of friday. Getting it faster than excepted :)

I don't think angled would be worth it on thin pads for comfort at least. Has anyone found another source to buy these? Thinking of getting a second pair for modding.

May 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #170 of 1,250
I don't think angled would be worth it on thin pads for comfort at least. Has anyone found another source to buy these? Thinking of getting a second pair for modding.
Ebay. 5-6€ is cheapest without shipping cost. But they all come from the Asia.

May 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #171 of 1,250
Sorry I did not had time to read the whole topic yet - I've never had planars and these have excellent price. I was looking at takstar pro82 but since these came out recently maybe these are worth a go.
How is the bass on these? Are planars bass heavy or bass light? I want it for movies, edm and gaming. I want some good bass that can shake thing up when needed.
also - these have low impedance. Does that mean I could use them with playstation 4 or smartphone to some extend ?

May 10, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #172 of 1,250
Sorry I did not had time to read the whole topic yet - I've never had planars and these have excellent price. I was looking at takstar pro82 but since these came out recently maybe these are worth a go.
How is the bass on these? Are planars bass heavy or bass light? I want it for movies, edm and gaming. I want some good bass that can shake thing up when needed.
also - these have low impedance. Does that mean I could use them with playstation 4 or smartphone to some extend ?
Planar like bass :) Better than dynamic driver. Very good. Bass goes deep, good impact on upper bass. Not sure if my hearing is off but I think slighly elevated upper bass. Middle is recressed, treble is good but it has some spike. She need to be measured. I think this has good potential for modding. By to way this is my first impressions. Its tanky. Very heavy, 550 grams and build quality very good, except the cable seems not best but it will do.

Edit. I changed to velours. Bass is more neutral and upper spike is lower. More to neutral flat and softer side. Man I kinda like them now. I cant wait to measure

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #173 of 1,250
The more I'm using these, the more I'm really liking these. Just the right amount of sparkle, with wonderful detail and wide soundstage... and SOOOOOO much more comfortable than Audeze LCD 2, LCD X, or Mobius. I'll still be keeping my Takstar Pro 82 as beater/disposable headphones to keep in the car, loan out, etc., but for any regular listening, these will be replacing them and the Mobius.

I checked with Ellie @ the Takstar Store on Aliexpress last night on availability and she apologized for the delay in restocking, and would contact the factory today to get an ETA and get back to me.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #174 of 1,250
I cant wait to measure
Eager to see how your measurements compare to mine. What is your measurement rig? I use mini DSP hears. Can you do distortion, impulse etc? I technically can but the enviroment is so uncontrolled they would be quite useless. Btw I have the pads you ordered and also those pleather angled ones. I could measure both.

Are planars bass heavy or bass light? These have low impedance. Does that mean I could use them with playstation 4 or smartphone to some extend ?
generarally planars are bass neutral. Best thing about them is bass quality. When (most) dynamics become a mushy bass wall, Planars can better portray different layers, instruments, sources. Allmost all planars can do sub 30hz frequecies without a roll off. Not many dynamic headphones can. For edm that is good. Except for church organ most analog instruments won't go that low anyway. You will propably need to eq some bass on mid bass frequecies because Planars don't have that mid bass hump. Good thing is planars take eq better than dynamic headphones.

Sadly you can't drive them with a smartphone. Not sure about Playstation. It is not propably an ideal combo. With my OnePlus 6 I can barely get loud enough.

Thing about impedance is that is that it does not matter much. Sensitivity matters more. And it can ne measured different ways so it is quite complicated.

My personal rule off thumb is not to use anything below 100db sensitivity without an amp. Impedance of 300 ohms is not that big off a deal.

Impedance is more relevant when thinking about sources output impedance. Google "damping factor_

May 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #175 of 1,250
Sadly you can't drive them with a smartphone.

That's not entirely true. It depends on the smartphone. I can drive these quite easily with my LG V30 in high-impedence mode. Unfortunately, as you say, MOST smartphones won't effectively drive planars.

May 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #176 of 1,250
That's not entirely true. It depends on the smartphone. I can drive these quite easily with my LG V30 in high-impedence mode. Unfortunately, as you say, MOST smartphones won't effectively drive planars.
Yeah, but LG cellphones are crap. They do make a hell of a television, however.

May 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #177 of 1,250
Yeah, but LG cellphones are ****.

You're entitled to your opinion. My V30 is working just fine and dandy, and its DAC/Amp blow away the vast majority of the competition. It all depends on what you need or want from a cellphone.

Let's please not turn this thread into a "my cellphone is better than your cellphone" thread. There are other forums/threads for that.

May 10, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #178 of 1,250
Just picked up mine from the post office. Looking forward to spending some time with it over the weekend.
..and yeah let’s not go down the cellphone/dac road please.
Considering that my two sound engineer friends just did an extensive blindtest between a Chord Dave and an iPhone 6 in the studio and not a single person (they were about 15 over the course of a weekend) could tell a difference. Not via alone time with an hd800 or over the electrostatic studio monitors. People hear night and day differences between shiny boxes when they see what’s playing. Level match the buggers and hide them behind a big box and the differences disappear. We hear with our eyes.
My guess is that the V30 sounds exactly the same as 99.9% of digital players out there ie great:)

May 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #179 of 1,250
Just picked up mine from the post office. Looking forward to spending some time with it over the weekend.
..and yeah let’s not go down the cellphone/dac road please.
Considering that my two sound engineer friends just did an extensive blindtest between a Chord Dave and an iPhone 6 in the studio and not a single person (they were about 15 over the course of a weekend) could tell a difference. Not via alone time with an hd800 or over the electrostatic studio monitors. People hear night and day differences between shiny boxes when they see what’s playing. Level match the buggers and hide them behind a big box and the differences disappear. We hear with our eyes.
My guess is that the V30 sounds exactly the same as 99.9% of digital players out there ie great:)

That sounds really scientific lol.

I also love that you ask the thread not to go down that route and just did it yourself....

May 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #180 of 1,250
Eager to see how your measurements compare to mine. What is your measurement rig?
Hmm. I tought there would be bigger spike on treble and bigger bass jump but that how I perceived it. Maybe the velours are better because of the tonal balance is better and I like more neutral sound. Leather makes too harsh sound. I need to do csd measurement aswell.

I use Superlux ECM888B mic and the t.bone MicPlug. First layer is 1mm silicon, 3mm rubber foam, 5mm wood, 30mm foam that has micro fabric and some duck tape and lastly one more 30mm foam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back