1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by heavyharmonies, Apr 12, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. Sourcesys
    Stimuz after some time passed with the 580, how do you rate them against the Aiva now?

Especially interested in the clarity and treble.

Is the Aiva soundwise much better?

2. Roderick
    sure, I can measure them later. Those were indeed measured allmost straight out of the box. I'm bit sceptical that burn in would change the headphones as much you hope. Whatever changes there will be are as likely to occur because uncontrolled measuring conditions. I have no cabinet for the measurement "head" so it is vulnerable to outside noise. My measurements should be taken as a point of reference not as an objective truth. That is why I like to include measurements with other headphones so any anomalies are more evident for people who know the reference headphone.

HF580 is a good headphone. Sadly I can't give them as much attention I'd like because I have to finish my notes/reviews/measurements for RS2i/dt1990/r70x and he400i first.

Joong and peter123 like this.
  3. Miiksu
  4. Roderick
    Appreciate that, @Miiksu . However debate about burn in/cables etc could go on forever. So lets not go there, here.

Hit me a pm, if you want to loan my hf580? We can work out something, if you have anything interesting in exhange. I'm also Finnish. I'm trying to organize a on going loaner tour amongst Finnish headphone people anyway.

5. stimuz
    Aiva is still better but not by a significant margin.

also both stock pads are pretty bad.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  6. Hal Rockwell
    What pads are you suggesting to replace them with?

7. stimuz
    im not sure yet. im using cheap thick angled pads atm, similar to stock m1060 pads. seems like it got a bit harsher in treble but the bass imo while EQd is about on par with m1060c which is impressive to me. I gotta do more A/B testing when i get home.

my guess for the ideal pad is something like the aiva or hifiman style focus pads. i dont think cloth pads or preforated inner ear pads are doing it any favors. not entirely sold on deep pads yet either but its enjoyable.

very pad sensitive probably because theres pretty much no dampening/tuning material in the headphones.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  8. Hal Rockwell
    Maybe something like the Brainwavz Angled Hybrid Pads. Still perforated, though only on the inside.

9. Miiksu
    I have ordered my pair of the HF580. No need for loan but thanks for the offer. We can discuss this in private later but I don't have much headphones. I would not call myself Hi-Fi guy. Just regular listener with some modding experience :) I will measure it when I get it. May take a week and half.

I saw some cheap alternatives at ebay and aliexpress. 10-15€

10. stimuz
    Might give it at try. Right now using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y262HJ6/ and I'm honestly liking it a lot. I was noticing the bass decayed much quicker in the 580s than the Aivas and the pads seemed to be making the difference.I don't know the reason for it exactly, but I do know the pads I'm currently using and the Aiva pads drop straight to the filter, while the Aiva pads have that Sennheiser style curve towards the filter. They're also extremely thin.

11. Hal Rockwell
    Can you drop me some links?

12. Miiksu
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Hal Rockwell likes this.
  13. filthyweeb
    i see that they are now 20 euro more expensive but still out of stock.

14. rockytopwiz
    Lameeeee

You can get a m1060 or m1060c for close to this price if you wait on a sale. Not as big of a price gap as before.

15. leeperry
    M1060C is **horrid**, rings of Saturn lol

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last