Taking my Audiophile'ness to the next level....need suggestions
Sep 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kyle11690

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

So here it is. My first pair of headphones were the Denon AH-D1001's, but after idiotically wanted "Noise Cancelling" I bought the Senn PXC 450's, and I barely used the feature and the quality isn't anything great compared to the Denon1001's. I feel like a schmuck after doing that. But, to live and learn.

Anyway..... I have sold my PXC 450's and am looking to upgrade and need a few suggestions. I know what I like, but only to an extent, as I have only experienced lower grade audiophile cans. But here is what I do...

-Game ( I play a lot of MMORPG's as well as FPS - so ambiance sound is crucial)
-Music ( pretty much every genre from Rap to classical)
-Movies ( I watch a lot of movies on my computer)
-Preferences ( I don't have a whole lot, but I do like some decent bass, without having to AMP)

- I am sort of torn between open and closed headphones. I usually prefer closed, because I live with roommates and I would rather the sound not leak out where you can hear it outside of my room), but I am considering open....just not sure if I do want to go that route. And, I haven't really ever had open headphones...so I don't really know how much sound leaks out...but I guess it depends on the cans in question.

-I also usually like to buy new headphones. When buying used I just don't know what the person has done with them (i.e. dropped them several times or pulled the cord out and repaired it...ect...ect)

Here is a couple cans I have been looking at.......any suggestions would be great....

-ATH-M50's
-DT 770 Pros
-Senn HD 598s (At my max on Amazon)
-Denon AH-D2000s (If I can find them in my price range)

-Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back