Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #721 of 976
from a kickstarter email an hour ago:

"Just a quick update.

By now most of you have received your Kannons. We expect to (finally!) complete Kickstarter shipments in the next couple of weeks. It has been a long haul, but we have been gratified by the overwhelmingly favorable response we have gotten."

So maybe after those they'll start fulfilling web orders!?

And "Hi" to the rest! Still enjoying mine whenever I have time to listen to some tunes!

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #722 of 976
672170513_DigVs-M-1.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #723 of 976
Are you in much of a hurry to move 'em? I've sent an email through their contact page to find out whether an order can be cancelled while it's in the 'Processing' stage, though I'm reluctant to get hopes up. Will understand if somebody swoops in here before they get back to me, etc. Do you have any particular sell price in mind?

Can you please let me know if you can withdraw an order, because even though i'm order n°400 something, i have the feeling this still could take months, and i'd rather buy it to an unhappy customer at this point.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #724 of 976
No need to worry, Vonsid! It won't take months.
"First, I wish we had actually sold 11 thousand pairs of Kannons. The numbers in our accounting system don't actually mean that, alas.

But the bad news for us is good news for you. Your order is actually in the queue to be shipped in the next two weeks."

So, everyone really should be getting theirs before January is over. ^‿^

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #728 of 976
I too got a shipping email today...FINALLY!!!

I will be writing a short review here as well as doing a full video review of them,which will be slightly different than others as my primary musical preferences are classic/hard rock and metal.

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #729 of 976
I too got a shipping email today...FINALLY!!!

I will be writing a short review here as well as doing a full video review of them,which will be slightly different than others as my primary musical preferences are classic/hard rock and metal.
Looking forward to a review and video from a "Headphoneus Supremus" kind of guy. Pretty sure you will LOVE them as much as I do (as well as many others).

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #731 of 976
I can't wait to see the difference between my current setup (Schiit Bifrost > Schiit Lyr 2 > Schiit Loki > Audeze EL-8) and the kannons. The combo of EL-8 + Loki is pretty amazing.

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #732 of 976
Would love to see a comparison review form someone who loves the Denon D7000 and TH-900!

I really had a hard time comparing mine to anything I have home... they are just too different.
For example, with the Taction turned off, the Kannons ARE NOT CANNONS! They also cannot hold a candle to anything I have at home at the moment (i.e. Ultrasone Signature DJs, Sony MDR-Z1R, etc.)? Why? They are too sterile basically. Bass extension is affected (as explained by the Taction guys on another thread) and it's basically rolled-off and it's mostly a mid-centric sound, not too detailed either. With the Taction button on, the bass comes to life (even though it still feels like the mid-bass has something missing as I noted somewhere else) and it's a more enjoyable sound signature. Texture and definition (i.e. clarity) is not comparable to the Sig DJs/MDR whether the Taction is on/off and from what I remember of the D2000/D5000/TH-xxx it doesn't come near those either. The drivers used are just not, I don't want to say "high-end enough", but they are not comparable (of course, do note, PRICE is not comparable either :wink:).

So this headphone is, IMO, purely for face-shaking-bass-lovers, but not a be-all-end-all pair (which the TH-xxx/D7x00 can be, depends on what you are looking for).

Now, this response kind of sounds negative, but I actually LIKE my Kannons. Even though they are not as clear, nor produce a "better" sound than what I have, they provide a different kind of experience, one that is (and feels) pleasant to me! And also note, from the headphones you mentioned, NONE of them are really closed-backs and if you work or use them in a cubicle environment, people around you will be able to listen to your music (Had a D2000, modded D5000 and TH-xxx ... and leakage is kind of annoying :)).

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #734 of 976
alright guys, i'm putting my set up for trade. Just not using it as much as i would like.

things i'm interested in.

sony z7
64audio u12
unique melody me1
idsd micro black label
oppo pm-3 (blue) only

Let me know what you guys have. +/- cash

People in North America only, sorry guys.

I'm gonna leave it here for now before i put up in the classies

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #735 of 976
Received my Kannons today...I got the O.G. version(#187)
Full review coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back