Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Nov 30, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #661 of 976
The website says 45 days, but i'm not sure how trustable is this delay now with the recent problems they encountered, Even if it's apparently a thing of the past. There are not enough people who gives a feedback here when they get their pair to be able to make an accurate estimation. My order from September is in the early 400's and i would be very pleasantly surprised if i got it this year but i don't think it's gonna happen.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #663 of 976
+ 1 I'm interested too. Someone has asked about the open version, Jim, at first it was talked about, is it going to be real?

Open back with Taction? I think we will get there eventually, but it's going to be a while before we can take on that challenge because at the moment we need to focus on our closed-back production. We're working to get everyone their Kannons as quickly as possible.

We're building our first batch in the new space now. So far each production step has been giving normal results. We haven't hit any snags yet related to moving the line. Fingers crossed.

Based on what we're seeing, I'm confident that anyone ordering a Kannon now will see it ship within 8 weeks (56 days), and if all continues to go well with this batch, sooner (e.g. the 45 days on the site).

I'm no fan of long wait times either. I love what this tech does for headphones, and I want to share it with as many folks as I can as quickly as I can.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #664 of 976
Hello Jim, don't really want to bug you because i know you people are doing your best, but i'll allow myself to ask anyways, when do you think i can expect my pair ordered early September ? Initially when i ordered i've been told Mid-December, but i guess that's out of the table now with the problems you met. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #665 of 976
Anyone ever had the opportunity to pair the Kannons with a SubPac ? Curious if the two would work well together, or just interfere in a bad way.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #668 of 976
Would be nice with a shipping update as to which nr of Cannon is about/has shipped. Still waiting patiently or impatiently hehe, nr 105 here. :D

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #669 of 976
Would be nice with a shipping update as to which nr of Cannon is about/has shipped. Still waiting patiently or impatiently hehe, nr 105 here. :D
Hell and I'm not even a backer :sweat_smile: I'm probably just going to try to forget about them. Trying to put out the best I can out of my lousy pair of MDR XB50 with proper EQ. What is your consolation, sad impatient people of the internet? :p

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #670 of 976

Backer n°96 or something claimed getting his pair on the Kickstarter page so you're next. I ordered out of Kickstarter so i don't really know if the order number i got is consistent with the Kickstarter backer numbering or not but i certainly hope so. Because if i'm number 400 and if that number has been resetted after the 200 initial backers, i might not see them before next summer... :)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #671 of 976
Received Kannons today, after 10 days in US customs and another week in NZ customs damn it. (edit - to be clear, I was backer 46, to get a sense of where shipping progress is at)

From first impressions, I think I need new pads (the Brainwavs seem like an easy option), and definitely a haircut regardless.
Keeping a likely imperfect fit in mind, I suspect some of the IEMs I have (eg Campfire things) are just 'better' when it comes to detail and resolution and all that audiophile nonsense - but they should be, that's why I paid considerably more money for them. Although, a warmer source would probably suit the Kannons better than what I've got with me, I'm gonna have to get the Mojo out when I get home.

But that's all irrelevant, really. The bass is what matters. One of my tests for IEMs is the first 10 seconds of this track:

Because it's opening riff is two chords followed a nice low bass hit (~30 Hz). So its a good test to see how low my IEMs can go. Vegas, yeah, as easily as you'd expect. Andromedas, yeah, surprisingly good. Brainwavs new B400, I perceive it but I wonder how much is a combination of expecting it and some order of distortion. My trusty FXH-30 microdrivers that I use on my work PC, no, not at all :triportsad:.

The Kannons.... hooooolllly expletive. Amazing. Thats what 30 Hz really feels like. These are the real deal. I'm gonna have a blast with these on my PC or other gaming devices. @FightinJim you're a legend and if/when you manage to get it working on a 'better' open headphone, I'm in day one.

For now I'm just gonna suppress gleeful laughter while I listen to some DnB some DNB literally massages my skull, wow.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #672 of 976
Received Kannons today, after 10 days in US customs and another week in NZ customs damn it. (edit - to be clear, I was backer 46, to get a sense of where shipping progress is at)

From first impressions, I think I need new pads (the Brainwavs seem like an easy option), and definitely a haircut regardless.
Keeping a likely imperfect fit in mind, I suspect some of the IEMs I have (eg Campfire things) are just 'better' when it comes to detail and resolution and all that audiophile nonsense - but they should be, that's why I paid considerably more money for them. Although, a warmer source would probably suit the Kannons better than what I've got with me, I'm gonna have to get the Mojo out when I get home.

But that's all irrelevant, really. The bass is what matters. One of my tests for IEMs is the first 10 seconds of this track:

Because it's opening riff is two chords followed a nice low bass hit (~30 Hz). So its a good test to see how low my IEMs can go. Vegas, yeah, as easily as you'd expect. Andromedas, yeah, surprisingly good. Brainwavs new B400, I perceive it but I wonder how much is a combination of expecting it and some order of distortion. My trusty FXH-30 microdrivers that I use on my work PC, no, not at all :triportsad:.

The Kannons.... hooooolllly expletive. Amazing. Thats what 30 Hz really feels like. These are the real deal. I'm gonna have a blast with these on my PC or other gaming devices. @FightinJim you're a legend and if/when you manage to get it working on a 'better' open headphone, I'm in day one.

For now I'm just gonna suppress gleeful laughter while I listen to some DnB some DNB literally massages my skull, wow.

Glad you like 'em! We're just some guys trying like hell to do headphone bass right. Also, we wanted to share the news that the production line at the new Taction site is giving good results. Tracking notices will be going out over the next few days as the latest batch goes out the door.

BTW - the internet has everything. I ran across a site called ASMR synth with actual bass "scalp massage sequence" that's addictive on Kannons.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #673 of 976
Woooo, finally recieved shipping confirmation (#105 backer), unfortunately I doubt these will arrive until xmas being from Finland I expect the Kannons to celebrate xmas in customs. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back