Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #632 of 976
Interested what you didn't like about the Kannons?

Last night I toyed with EQ settings. I concur with KewlMunky, EQ does in fact heighten the experience. I didn't find I needed much at all, we are talking max 3db in places. Whereas at work I run some Aurisonics IEMs and they need 9.5db in places!

Back to the EQ, I found that in places, bumping (and even removing in one place) made my songs feel more "alive". Where the frequency response is so flat on these as standard, you have a nice clean slate on which to build your personal EQ preference.

I wouldn't say the Kannons needed EQing, but to me, I prefer with it in place. That said, I could go back EQ-less if required.

There was nothing I didn't like about the Kannons' sound.............it is truly revolutionary in how they slam. I love bass tho in reality I'm not in the same league as Chris but still love the slam - from having three subwoofers in various systems in my house, and with headphones it's the same - my Denon LA7000's get plenty of work as does the Pioneer SE Master 1, which is a great open back headphone for bassheads, fed by my vintage amps. I once stated on here when I received the Kannons and first listened to them that these could ruin a guy for "regular" headphones regarding the bass - and I stand by that statement. Truly disruptive technology.

I realized the Kannons would not get any head time from me and figured one of you true bassheads would get value from them.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #633 of 976
Although i'm convinced the team are doing their best, a new update on how the shipping goes would be really appreciated, as it's been 1.5 month we didn't have any and i don't see many people here posting they received their pair.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #635 of 976
Agreed, would be good time for an update.
Ask and you shall receive...At this point if I could simply sell my place in line I would.It seems to be one thing after the other here...

In my email today:

"
November shipping progress report
Posted by S. James Biggs (Creator)
We have good news and bad news. The good news is that we have a bunch of Kannons ready to head out the door, and they will be heading out to our loyal and patient customers shortly.

The bad news is that our landlord, the TechShop in Redwood City CA, suddenly and without advance notice declared bankruptcy this week, and gave us just a few hours to clear our stuff from the building or lose access to our inventory, tools, etc. for who knows how long.

http://www.techshop.ws/techshop.pdf

Any of you who know anything about real estate or bankruptcy law know it isn’t supposed to work like that. And we weren’t the only young startup they thoroughly screwed over. But we didn’t have time to argue the point. So we loaded up a U-Haul with all our precious cargo and left.

We’re not going to let a little thing like being temporarily homeless get in our way. But the fact is that this will slow us down a bit. We’re working on plan B, and we’ll have more to tell you as soon as we can. You WILL get your headphones. We WILL overcome this bump in the road."

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #636 of 976
Thanks for the update. That sucks big time. Finding a new place, moving all the production chain there and get back on tracks sounds like something that could take a good amount of time... At least it's pretty clear now that this isn't going to happen this year, specially because i'm not an early backer and a lot of them are apparently still waiting for their headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #639 of 976
Kannon just posted another update. That's a decent amount of headphones ready for shipment. But restarting the whole assembly line, however small scale, is gonna take some time. Backer #206 and I'm expecting mine next year now.
e7c3ed72ce515da598f71464abd663da_original.jpeg

Attachments

• e7c3ed72ce515da598f71464abd663da_original.jpeg
    e7c3ed72ce515da598f71464abd663da_original.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #641 of 976
Really sucks this setback happened because they started to pick up a good pace now. Well at least they seem resolute and give frequent news. Hope they will be able to recover fast.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #642 of 976
I feel for the Taction team, plus all the anticipating backers. The waiting and setbacks drove me crazy. But... the wait is worth it, don't worry.

Having had mine for 5 weeks now, I have been gradually reducing the taction input. Now I generally don't go above 5. But then there are certain tunes that beg for maximum, 10. Some songs I find actually want an 11 or a 12! But that isn't the general use case - only when you really need pummeling.

I have watched a few TV eps, plus probably rocked up around 40 hours gamíng with them. I used to game with the tactor disabled because the in-game audio was a tad annoying; footsteps had a component to them which the tactor drove. But over time I have gotten used to it and now if I game with the tactor disabled, I actually feel something is missing because I am expecting the sub-lows.

So my advice to any gamers; exposure. Get your head used to the experience and then it adds a new dimension (albeit a small one, as many games won't even drive this low, intentionally).

I am still playing around with EQ and these things. As I previously posted, I don't think they NEED it, but EQ does seem to give a SLIGHT improvement. What I am searching for, is an EQ profile that gives the sound slight more warmth; this is personal preference and not something anyone especially needs to go out to try and achieve.

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #643 of 976
I feel for the Taction team, plus all the anticipating backers. The waiting and setbacks drove me crazy. But... the wait is worth it, don't worry.

Having had mine for 5 weeks now, I have been gradually reducing the taction input. Now I generally don't go above 5. But then there are certain tunes that beg for maximum, 10. Some songs I find actually want an 11 or a 12! But that isn't the general use case - only when you really need pummeling.

I have watched a few TV eps, plus probably rocked up around 40 hours gamíng with them. I used to game with the tactor disabled because the in-game audio was a tad annoying; footsteps had a component to them which the tactor drove. But over time I have gotten used to it and now if I game with the tactor disabled, I actually feel something is missing because I am expecting the sub-lows.

So my advice to any gamers; exposure. Get your head used to the experience and then it adds a new dimension (albeit a small one, as many games won't even drive this low, intentionally).

I am still playing around with EQ and these things. As I previously posted, I don't think they NEED it, but EQ does seem to give a SLIGHT improvement. What I am searching for, is an EQ profile that gives the sound slight more warmth; this is personal preference and not something anyone especially needs to go out to try and achieve.

I find that anything below 6 is almost unnoticeable. Wonder if a have a defective unit?

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #644 of 976
I find that anything below 6 is almost unnoticeable. Wonder if a have a defective unit?
I leave mine on halfway 5-6 most of the time. Rarely crank it up to 10.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #645 of 976
Found something interesting. The microphone mute light (red) will only be on if the taction (green light) is on. The mute function still works, but the indicator light won't be on with the taction off.

@FightinJim, is this intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back