Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Nov 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #646 of 976
I find that anything below 6 is almost unnoticeable. Wonder if a have a defective unit?

Everyone's unit is tested before going out the door, so I know your Kannon tested normally before it shipped.

That said, there is a wide natural range in vibration sensitivity. There are studies to show it varies with age. Also skin temperature.

Also, I've made some unpublished measurements of skin mechanics around the ear, and found up to 2x variation in spring rate of the skin. So I'm serious when I say you may literally be "a tough guy."

This normal variation in vibration sensitivity is one of the reasons we made the Taction intensity knob a central feature of the controller.

J

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #647 of 976
Found something interesting. The microphone mute light (red) will only be on if the taction (green light) is on. The mute function still works, but the indicator light won't be on with the taction off.

@FightinJim, is this intended?

Yes, intentional. When you turn the Taction off you are basically telling the system to conserve the battery. We decided not to illuminate the mute led when the taction is off because we didn't want anyone to accidentally run the battery down in the headphone case, for example on a trip.

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #648 of 976
Everyone's unit is tested before going out the door, so I know your Kannon tested normally before it shipped.

That said, there is a wide natural range in vibration sensitivity. There are studies to show it varies with age. Also skin temperature.

Also, I've made some unpublished measurements of skin mechanics around the ear, and found up to 2x variation in spring rate of the skin. So I'm serious when I say you may literally be "a tough guy."

This normal variation in vibration sensitivity is one of the reasons we made the Taction intensity knob a central feature of the controller.

J

I suppose just like sound, sensitivity to vibration varies person to person.

Maybe I'll try to find some "hard" replacement pads. I would think harder pads would make the vibration more noticeable.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #649 of 976
After reading a lot of reviews, opinions and Mad Envy's gaming thread in search of a replacement for my Denon AH D 2000, I ordered the Kannons. From what I read and understand I just hope the not so good soundstage (closed design) is not a disadvantage in games, which I will be using these mainly for powered with a Fiio E10K.^

Powerful bass is what I am looking for.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #650 of 976
After reading a lot of reviews, opinions and Mad Envy's gaming thread in search of a replacement for my Denon AH D 2000, I ordered the Kannons. From what I read and understand I just hope the not so good soundstage (closed design) is not a disadvantage in games, which I will be using these mainly for powered with a Fiio E10K.^

Powerful bass is what I am looking for.

Do you have a link to the thread where the kannons are mentioned in regard to gaming? Would like to compare his results with my own.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #653 of 976
Found something interesting. The microphone mute light (red) will only be on if the taction (green light) is on. The mute function still works, but the indicator light won't be on with the taction off.

@FightinJim, is this intended?

Yes, intentional. When you turn off the Taction button you are basically telling the system "Hey, totally conserve the battery." So, no lights. We made sure the mute function still works because it takes essentially no power. We were worried about the case where someone is a long time between recharge points, e.g. international travel, and they accidentally run down their Kannon because the mute light stayed on while in storage. So, that's why it works that way.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #655 of 976
Will the ear pads of the m50x fit on these? Will Ori Pads be compatible?

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #656 of 976
Will the ear pads of the m50x fit on these? Will Ori Pads be compatible?

The baffle plate on the Kannon is oval, 77 x 97 mm. The M50x pads are a reasonable match that fits.

Ori pads are probably not a good fit, since they assume a round baffle plate, and the Kannons are ovals.

Brainwavz makes a general purpose oval pad that gives nice results on the Kannons. For reference, this one works well:

Brainwavz-Replacement-Memory-Foam-Earpads
Suitable For Many Other Large Over The Ear Headphones - AKG, HifiMan, ATH, Philips, Fostex

upload_2017-11-27_21-46-12.png

Others like this will also fit Kannons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back