Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Nov 6, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #617 of 976
No updates on the shipping front ? Been told when i ordered my pair two months ago that they should be ready to ship around November 20, but given that some early backers still don't have their pair, i'm starting to have serious doubts.

I received mine two Fridays ago without a shipping notification. You may end up pleasantly surprised, like I was. Hang in there.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #619 of 976
Yeah, I wouldnt hold your breath...Im in the #200s and seeing as how backers in the thirties are just now getting theirs,im not planning on seeing mine til next year.

Again the lack of info coming from the @FightinJim team is frustrating.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #620 of 976
Yup, unfortunately i think that's what we headed to, would have loved to get them for Christmas :/ The date of end of November to get my pair was coming from the team itself so i had good hope, but excepted if there was big changes in the manufacturing/shipping process we're not aware of, it doesn't seem realistic right now.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #621 of 976
Well I've got number 010/001 (at first thought it was a mistake having both numbers) and though I do feel this is a radical improvement for our bass loving group, I am going to sell my pair so if you are interested shoot me a PM.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #623 of 976
Tried the Kannon on my Fiio X5 III with high gain. I am able to keep the volume 10 notches lower, at 90, as apposed to 100.

I also had tried the Kannon on my BasX A-100 amp with the Loki EQ in there. The Kannon responds excellently to equalization. Both the dynamic and tactile drivers increase well while turning up the bass. Unfortunately, this leaves me feeling like the standard bass levels are lacking when not using the EQ.

I'll have to do some more thorough comparison between using my Fiio and my desktop amp. However, with my Fiio I find the tactile driver almost unnoticeable at 6/10 and completely unnoticeable below that. If I touch the cups with my hands, I can feel it at such low levels, but my head does not. I'll have to go back to my desktop amp again and see if the extra power fixes this (without having to use the Loki).

While I intended to mainly use these with my desktop setup, which allows me to boost the bass with the Loki, I would not be satisfied if I only planned to use it with my Fiio.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #625 of 976
Can you post up EQ settings used please? I want to have a tinker on my desktop setup.

I had the left most knob at 4 'o' clock and the right most knob at 2 'o' clock. Normally the Kannons have enough in the high range, but with the bass boosted so much I felt the treble needed a bit of a boost.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #626 of 976
Interesting, left knob is 20hz. You felt that needed boosting? I will have a play when I get home.

Secondly, if you are at a desktop, why not use a software EQ? They work well when driven into a desktop amp.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #627 of 976
Tried the Kannon on my Fiio X5 III with high gain. I am able to keep the volume 10 notches lower, at 90, as apposed to 100.

I also had tried the Kannon on my BasX A-100 amp with the Loki EQ in there. The Kannon responds excellently to equalization. Both the dynamic and tactile drivers increase well while turning up the bass. Unfortunately, this leaves me feeling like the standard bass levels are lacking when not using the EQ.

I'll have to do some more thorough comparison between using my Fiio and my desktop amp. However, with my Fiio I find the tactile driver almost unnoticeable at 6/10 and completely unnoticeable below that. If I touch the cups with my hands, I can feel it at such low levels, but my head does not. I'll have to go back to my desktop amp again and see if the extra power fixes this (without having to use the Loki).

While I intended to mainly use these with my desktop setup, which allows me to boost the bass with the Loki, I would not be satisfied if I only planned to use it with my Fiio.

Interesting ... So maybe, it is necessary to add an amplifier and eq to meet the basshead needs. :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for your tests and comments.

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #628 of 976
Interesting, left knob is 20hz. You felt that needed boosting? I will have a play when I get home.

Secondly, if you are at a desktop, why not use a software EQ? They work well when driven into a desktop amp.

I feel that the kannons do roll off in the lower end. The 20hz isn't strictly just 20Hz; there is a spectrum it covers.

See Mike's rant on software EQ: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-322#post-13748153

I've tried a few software EQ's previously, and never liked their results. I don't even like the EQ on the Fiio.

Nov 9, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #629 of 976
Well I've got number 010/001 (at first thought it was a mistake having both numbers) and though I do feel this is a radical improvement for our bass loving group, I am going to sell my pair so if you are interested shoot me a PM.

The Kannons are sold.............thanks for the interest gents.

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #630 of 976
Interested what you didn't like about the Kannons?

Last night I toyed with EQ settings. I concur with KewlMunky, EQ does in fact heighten the experience. I didn't find I needed much at all, we are talking max 3db in places. Whereas at work I run some Aurisonics IEMs and they need 9.5db in places!

Back to the EQ, I found that in places, bumping (and even removing in one place) made my songs feel more "alive". Where the frequency response is so flat on these as standard, you have a nice clean slate on which to build your personal EQ preference.

I wouldn't say the Kannons needed EQing, but to me, I prefer with it in place. That said, I could go back EQ-less if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back