Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Oct 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #601 of 976
Tested them out on my X5 III and had to crank

I have so far only used my Kannon with my Fiio X5 III. I had to crank it to volume 100/120, where with my Brainwavz HM5 Headphones and various IEMs I'm usually listening around 80/120. I'll have to try the Kannon on my Basx A-100 to see how much they improve. But the Kannons do seem to take quite a bit of power. They sounded and felt great, though.

Oh thank you very much for your impressions !! Have you tried high gain on the X5III with these Kannons? At that level of listening 100/120, shake or massage your head?

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #602 of 976
Oh thank you very much for your impressions !! Have you tried high gain on the X5III with these Kannons? At that level of listening 100/120, shake or massage your head?

I'll try high gain next time I listen to them.

So far I've been listening with the taction at level 8/10, which gives me some good head shaking bass.

I am also going to try and put my spare Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads on. The stock pads are a bit too small for my ears and I don't get a great fit/seal. If I lightly push the cups onto my ears, I get much more bass. Hoping swapping out better fitting pads will result in the same experience.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #606 of 976
i wonder how they slam in combination with a subpac. do they compliment nicely?

As long as you can get their vibration to be about the same, just like when a sub produces low notes your whole body feels similar vibrations, I would think so.

Curious if anyone can test this out for us.

Another one I'd be more interested in, is the Kor-FX for games. I wonder how that and the Kannons would be while gaming.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #607 of 976
I'll try high gain next time I listen to them.

So far I've been listening with the taction at level 8/10, which gives me some good head shaking bass.

I am also going to try and put my spare Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads on. The stock pads are a bit too small for my ears and I don't get a great fit/seal. If I lightly push the cups onto my ears, I get much more bass. Hoping swapping out better fitting pads will result in the same experience.

I'm interested in hearing this result as the goal is not to have to push the headphones against the head with the hands....

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #608 of 976
I played around with stock vs brainwavz sheepskins and certainly the sheepskins perform like the stock when the stock are pressed in a tiny bit.

Furthermore, I found with the sheepskin seam at the TOP most part of the can, gave significantly better results than with the seam at the BOTTOM most pert of the can.

May suit different people according to shape.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #609 of 976
My guess is the Brainwavz probably will have a better fit for some/most people which results in better seal which in turn results in better bass impact. Also being thicker means more force applied onto the pads/head but since the pads are so soft and compresses well as a result, you obviously won't feel that but it should theoretically contribute to better seal too.

I've had bad luck with pad rolling myself sound wise, a simple matter as distance between the driver and ear seems to shape percieved soundstaging or frequency balance for example. Might look into it though if stock pads won't produce good results. Do have some other pads around too, not the Brainwavz though.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #611 of 976
Swapped to the Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads (non angled). Much better fit now. Now that they properly fit on my ears, I get more bass experience. Can't say I noticed a sound change, but I hadn't done extensive listening with stock pads. Next I want to try using the Loki EQ to see how it interacts with these.

This is probably the only time I could complain that a headphone needs more clamping force. Usually I like clamping force minimal, unless I really want them to isolate. But for these I think a tighter clamp would help the bass experience quite a bit. I feel I have a bit of a larger head, so if they aren't very tight on me, I can only imagine they must nearly fall off of those with a smaller head.

Another thing I noticed; the coins/medallions or what-have-you on each cup look very scuffed up on my set. I also noticed one is numbered 0001 and the other is 0041. I'm going to assume 0041 is my unit number. I'm speculating 0001 refers to revision 1 or generation 1, or something of the sort.

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #612 of 976
Swapped to the Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads (non angled). Much better fit now. Now that they properly fit on my ears, I get more bass experience. Can't say I noticed a sound change, but I hadn't done extensive listening with stock pads. Next I want to try using the Loki EQ to see how it interacts with these.

This is probably the only time I could complain that a headphone needs more clamping force. Usually I like clamping force minimal, unless I really want them to isolate. But for these I think a tighter clamp would help the bass experience quite a bit. I feel I have a bit of a larger head, so if they aren't very tight on me, I can only imagine they must nearly fall off of those with a smaller head.

Another thing I noticed; the coins/medallions or what-have-you on each cup look very scuffed up on my set. I also noticed one is numbered 0001 and the other is 0041. I'm going to assume 0041 is my unit number. I'm speculating 0001 refers to revision 1 or generation 1, or something of the sort.

I have 0001 - 0002 so you must be right.

I will probably start pad rolling but am actually enjoying them as is right now.

Nov 3, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #613 of 976

I got 0001/0024.
What is that Loki EQ?

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #614 of 976
I got 0001/0024.
What is that Loki EQ?
It's Schiit's new four band analog equalizer. Very transparent adjustments. View it on their product page for more details.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #615 of 976
No updates on the shipping front ? Been told when i ordered my pair two months ago that they should be ready to ship around November 20, but given that some early backers still don't have their pair, i'm starting to have serious doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back