T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Mar 29, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #181 of 622
  I would be willing to wait and see if there was something T-PEOS can do to these.  If they could, I would definitely be a fan of the H300s.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Ditto - fill the mids a bit, and remove the spikes, it'd be the perfect iem for my tastes

It has been forwarded to T-Peos, though I feel will depend on a few things whether they'll go ahead.

Firstly, it can depend on how many units they've produced of the current version, remembering H-300 has already been retuned once and they abandoned the first batch, it will also depend if the CEO of T-Peos feels it needs retuning personally. Though obviously feedback is pointing on what 'should happen'. What we need to understand is when  IEM is made they're done so in batches and each time something needs to be changed that entire batch they abandon creates quite a loss in labour and parts. 

None the less I have put this across to them, and await their reply. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #182 of 622
It has been forwarded to T-Peos, though I feel will depend on a few things whether they'll go ahead.

Firstly, it can depend on how many units they've produced of the current version, remembering H-300 has already been retuned once and they abandoned the first batch, it will also depend if the CEO of T-Peos feels it needs retuning personally. Though obviously feedback is pointing on what 'should happen'. What we need to understand is when  IEM is made they're done so in batches and each time something needs to be changed that entire batch they abandon creates quite a loss in labour and parts. 

None the less I have put this across to them, and await their reply. 

not sure how many options they have re treble extension vs peak height with the current drivers -

I initially thought - most likely the feedback will be used for h400 :)? but who knows.
I do like this iteration of Hxxx series being put through community feedback and T-PEOS being receptive to it.

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #183 of 622
not sure how many options they have re treble extension vs peak height with the current drivers -

I initially thought - most likely the feedback will be used for h400
smily_headphones1.gif
? but who knows.
I do like this iteration of Hxxx series being put through community feedback and T-PEOS being receptive to it.

You also had an interesting idea of adding an acoustic filter to correct the issue. 

If you feel it's possible please forward it to T-Peos, if they can get away with adding a filter in the BA a retune could be avoided.  They just need to lower the treble a fraction.

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #184 of 622
You also had an interesting idea of adding an acoustic filter to correct the issue. 

If you feel it's possible please forward it to T-Peos, if they can get away with adding a filter in the BA a retune could be avoided.  They just need to lower the treble a fraction.
thanks did that just now.

not sure if one exists for that peak, or if they can reliably place it and if it won't affect other frequencies by making a nozzle narrowing. or requires a nozzle modification or assembly step) may get clogged with time (wax?) or sound different if moist

I'm just going off sonion marketing material here :D http://www.sonion.com/~/media/Files/Academy/Academy_ProAudio__DocCode_304_V_001_Web.ashx ?

=) i don't understand much of it.

for the dampeners and acoustic filters, it seems like a) you'd need on on the highs ba tube (and twfk has a shared highs/mids one anyway) b) it seems like sonion and knowles make specific acoustic impedance ones (affect entire FR is on shared tube). vs say a specific band filter with nice properties.

stuff's hard :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #185 of 622
We might try and contact T-Peos and see if they're willing to slightly retune H -300, just lower the treble a little bit, there's been to much feedback coming in about the highs, it honestly doesn't effect me as others are describing but the amount of feedback coming in is not good. I know what people are saying if they could just lower that peak for a majority they'd have a killer sounding IEM. Let me email them and see what they say, as I follow both the threads.

This would be amazing! I'd been waiting for the H300 for a long time, hoping it would be my next go-to IEM. All the reports of the treble being too hot had it taken it off my list.
I so want to experience that bass and transparency.

Maybe we should put our request on the H-300 sponsor thread too (@mobyn )

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #186 of 622
Will be interesting to see if it's possible to correct the spike,though I do suspect that it's that very spike which accounts for much of the 'magic' for tracks less prone to hot treble.

For instance a lot of electronic music is no issue whatsoever in terms of treble spike.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #187 of 622
Hey guys,

Interested in getting a pair of these before the sale ends. (Tomorrow)

Only thing I'm concerned about is that I'll be running these directly from an unamped source (my android phone) and people here are saying you need to get an amp to get the best out of them.

Do these still sound good with no amp? Or would I be better off getting something easier to drive?

Cheers!

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #188 of 622
Will be interesting to see if it's possible to correct the spike,though I do suspect that it's that very spike which accounts for much of the 'magic' for tracks less prone to hot treble.

For instance a lot of electronic music is no issue whatsoever in terms of treble spike.

I agree. My "Best Of Chicago" cd is almost unlistenable with it's blaring horns. Funk cds with a lot of bass and mastered right sound incredible.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #189 of 622
  Hey guys,

Only thing I'm concerned about is that I'll be running these directly from an unamped source (my android phone) and people here are saying you need to get an amp to get the best out of them.

Do these still sound good with no amp? Or would I be better off getting something easier to drive?

Cheers!

They sound excellent straight from my iPod touch 5th gen.
Again, finding the right tips is very important.
Comply TS200 for me.

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #190 of 622
Hey guys,

Cheers!
i don't think these are hard to drive or need an amp. (clip+, note 3). some android phones do measure oddly and have questionable quality amp sections though. (also for me most music players on android skip - aside from poweramp with non default buffer and thread priority settings)

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #192 of 622
  Hey guys,

Cheers!

I drive them out of my Galaxy S4 unamped and FWIW I think these benefit greatly from an amp, especially in the bass department.  But, to answer your question, they still sound very good without an amp.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #193 of 622
Just about to hit the PayPal button when I thought I'd finish the thread.  Glad I did.  Was going to buy myself a birthday present, but I care more about non-sibilant treble than full bass.  Guess I'll stick with my TF10's for a while longer. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #195 of 622
Wow , while I left a moment ... T-PEOS made something new monster IEM ... wow ...
I didn't know it was already shown up.
Just in my sight, This is must be better than H-200 in audio quality, not out shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back