T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Mar 22, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #151 of 622
Great review! The EQing of the 8k helped..

With that being said, I received the H300s and have been comparing them vs the DN1000s. Much of the reviews that have been posted coincide with what I hear-

• Brightness and transparency in the highs
  • The slightly recessed mids - as svyr mentioned it, dry would be the best description of them. However, they definitely excel in clarity and compensates a bit for it's dry/reference grade quality.
  • Awesome, and probably  THE BEST low end i've heard in an IEM. The bass hits perfectly well, beautifully textured, and would easily satisfy any bassheads craving. 
  • Instrument separation is a bit better than the DN1000s
  • Hard to judge if the H300 has a wider soundstage due to the increased clarity, but is definitely improved from the H200 from what I recall from them.

My gripes about this IEM are the dry/slightly recessed mids and the treble spikes/brightness. The mids, while definitely very clear, are more on the analytical side then anything.Coupled with less body and lush in the vocals Its a bit more difficult for me to get immersed in the music than it is with the DN1000s. ,  The treble spikes are definitely apparent ,though EQ does help a lot.

Despite my gripes, I think this is a very good IEM. The combination of the awesome bass, soundstage/separation and clarity truly make this a unique experience. 

If you were to make the mids a bit more lush and forward, and tame the treble spike a bit, it'd be the perfect IEM for me.

let's put it this way, i've just added the following to the bottom of my review
>and are so far my overall favourite IEMs, not only in the sub $300 price bracket.

I.e overall better eqed than all of the iems here http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1062271/t-peos-h300-and-misc-iems-review-gallery/sort/display_order/ here

>Awesome, and probably THE BEST low end i've heard in an IEM. The bass hits perfectly well, beautifully textured, and would easily satisfy any bassheads craving.

and be non-offensive due to being not mid bass bloated to people who don't prefer that much bass :)

> [*] Instrument separation is a bit better than the DN1000s

i think dn1000 smear the highs and mids a bit. (which is why I'm very curious about DN2000 :D )

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #152 of 622
I was laying down in quite a peaceful state listening to this ambient album not long ago which I'll link below. 

Sounds appealing on H-300 (track 4) So peaceful, airy, relaxing and natural sounding, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep slightly listening to the ambience around the stage. Then at about 2:40 this kick drum hits once from nowhere and fills the stage. H-300's dynamic driver kicked in and I was like > O_O lol. The dynamics and impact in that little driver is quite an accomplishment, I actually jumped a little out of my skin.

Pretty cool fun! 

It's a free album on band camp if anyones interested.

http://existstrategy.bandcamp.com/album/lost-manifest

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #153 of 622
Nice write up as usual H20 matey :wink:

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #155 of 622

.Hey Sinth, thanks mate. Haven't seen you around for ages! Hope all is well for you. :)

I won`t clog up the thread but moved house and been into vinyl/HIFI and now chillies so not much time to visit here.
Looks like your doing ok :)

Still no reason to look any further than my SD3`s, which is lucky as it saves me vital cash lol

Stu

p.s - Cracking album you posted above.

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #156 of 622
Hi All,

I just received my H-300s with a trade in on the H-200s. I've only been listening for an hour or so perhaps this is premature but I wanted to shared some of my thoughts and ask a couple questions to those who have put some time in with the H-300s.

- First off, the smaller size and decrease in weight is a great improvement. One of my biggest issues with the H-200s was that I would loose a good seal from the weight, even with tight fitting comply foam tips. 

- The aesthetics are fine, they are not especially attractive but certainly unobtrusive. I did prefer the cloth cable of the H-200 compared to the rubber casing of the H-300 (Sunggoo claims the H-300s cable is of higher quality). The pouch is much better with the H-300, at least due to the fact that the headphones fit easily inside. The shirt clip is too big, I much preferred the clip with the H-200 but I found the same clip on Ebay for a few dollars. Packaging is less impressive -  an apparent trend with T-Peos. Overall, build quality is very good.

- For the moment I find the highs to be much brighter with the H-300s and at times sibilant (I am only listening to high quality recordings). The mids do seem better with the H-300s. The Bass is certainly good but only mildly better than the H-200s. Everything is tighter.

- I am very curious if burn-in seemed to tame the highs and change the lows. And has anyone found tips that they are happy with? If the tips happen to be Comply, what model? I am using the Comply TSX-200s which do soften/dull the highs and help with bass - due to the tight fit.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #157 of 622
Your comment about the noticeable difference in size and weight is a nice improvement over the H200.  You can have beautiful sound, but if it's a pain to wear them after forty minutes, what good is it?

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #158 of 622
For those having problems with the highs are you using the mic cable? I was mucking around this morning with the colour coded cable and seems to knock an edge off the brightness and has lessen vocal sibilance for me. I also notice it requires a little more volume.

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #159 of 622
For those having problems with the highs are you using the mic cable? I was mucking around this morning with the colour coded cable and seems to knock an edge off the brightness and has lessen vocal sibilance for me. I also notice it requires a little more volume.

The first thing I did when I received the H300s was change it to the color coded cable, and continued my listening with those. I changed it to the mic cable and it was a bit more of the same.

I wonder if a copper cable would pair well with these...

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #161 of 622
I'm pretty confident I can hear a slight difference between the two cables, I've been using the colour coded one since early this morning. but I won't continue on about it.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #163 of 622
=) btw do you get less cable noise from the multicolored one as well?

Certianly less for me, I also find it lighter and more flexible. It doesn't seem to be so as rigid or springy. more relaxed.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #165 of 622

I am in agreement with H20. The mic'd cable was so bright and sibilant out of my Studio 3rd Annie I could hardly stand it. Switched cables to the colored and definitely not as harsh. In fact these sound beautiful...best in ears I own so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back